Sign in to follow this  
Gdaddy22

Money

We can loot money from zombies, houses and players then we can spend it in the shop on buying items

No.

Money only works if we have banks to honour the fact that the piece of paper in your hand is worth something.  No banks = useless money.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 8

tumblr_m7wck1UEOk1rbcul3o1_500.gif

why you can't use search? and no it can be good trash item nothing else

• Like 1

maybe one day, when some rothschild jr. decides to play dayz, he would put a banking cartel in cherno and print money. there any chance you being him?

Someone already suggested this a while back but I'll say this again.

Like Fraggle said, the money is useless if we don't have the bank to back it.  However something like gold or silver would actually  be worth something.  If DayZ were to have a currency I think it should be gold or silver.

Like Fraggle said, the money is useless if we don't have the bank to back it.  However something like gold or silver would actually  be worth something.  If DayZ were to have a currency I think it should be gold or silver.

I think maybe (hopefully) a natural currency could develop.  It could be meds, bottletops, tin cans anything.  If people started using that (maybe a trading clan would get things started) then others would slowly pick up on the idea and there's a chance it could become commonly accepted.

All I do know is that it should be up to us as a player to sort out, not a game mechanic.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 6

Even Gold and Silver would have little value in a survival situation as they are luxury metals,  Iron and Steel would have far more use and so more value.

Actually trading items such as ammunition and medical supplies is the only thing that makes sense to me.

• Like 3

Even Gold and Silver would have little value in a survival situation as they are luxury metals,  Iron and Steel would have far more use and so more value.

Actually trading items such as ammunition and medical supplies is the only thing that makes sense to me.

in a survival siuation at first, water food and mdeication, then later on, maybe gas everything in order to bring you fast from a to b or to give you shelter or proper clothing. depending on the hostility and the food aspect yes ammo

It would be cool, if you can found in game much money and burn them...burn them all! To warming up. At least in game.

• Like 1

in a survival siuation at first, water food and mdeication, then later on, maybe gas everything in order to bring you fast from a to b or to give you shelter or proper clothing. depending on the hostility and the food aspect yes ammo

sorry, i wasn't trying to say just ammo and medical supplies, simply didn't want to list every item in game. 

I was thinking ammo might come forward as a bit of a currency.

Didn't rocket mention something about bullets being their own item? Maybe stacked in appropriately sized ammo boxes, you could trade just a few bullets and new players have nearly no use for them without a gun.

But then very late game people will have picked up bullets they have no weapons for.

for something to be used as currency in a survival scenario it needs to have value towards your survival, and it also helps if its rare.

the barter system is best imo because it allows you to get what you need at the expense of something you have that someone else may need.

people started using mountain dews as currency in the mod because they were so super rare, and they had a value(even if it was minimal) towards your survival. 

in a game like dayz i dont really see a need for currency, because people you come in contact with that have something you need are likely always going to need something different from you in return.

trading is inherently risky though, and people are more likely to kill you and take what they want from your corpse than they are to give you something in return for your goods.

i'd like to see some way to make trading safe but i don't really think there is a way to do that without ruining the experience.

• Like 1

I don't really see how money would work, and the fact that there would be more people complaining on the forums about how 4 guys with AS50's  robbed their cash from them.

I dont like the idea of currency. Although fallout 3 used bottle caps as a form of currency and it worked well there. I like the thought of going back to basics and using a barterinfg system goods fot goods or services for goods.

I tried to implement my own little monetary system in the mod, whenever I stole NVGs from a tent, I'd leave 5 empty tin cans as compensation. Unfortunately it didn't catch on. :(

I think maybe (hopefully) a natural currency could develop.  It could be meds, bottletops, tin cans anything.  If people started using that (maybe a trading clan would get things started) then others would slowly pick up on the idea and there's a chance it could become commonly accepted.

All I do know is that it should be up to us as a player to sort out, not a game mechanic.

Bottletops? fallout much? :3

To be honest, I don't see how gold and silver is valuable anymore, other than the 'value' we assign to it.  All the hype about buying gold and silver 'in case tha gub'ment collapses'.  I can't eat gold or silver.  Can't drink it.  Might be able to bash someone's head in with a gold bar or a silver candlestick and take their food and water.  Might be able to melt it down into bullets, but lead would be easier to melt down and more common (can walk into a fishing store and get 50 pounds of lead fishing weights without so much as a sideways glance).  Honestly cash would be more valuable than gold or silver in a survival situation.  If a vending machine is still working I can put a dollar in and get a water without having to break into it.  I can use it as tinder to help start a fire.  As a makeshift bandage (US 'paper' money is more cloth like)

The only reason why it's still of any value anymore IMO is because stupid people like shiny things.  Well that and electronics, which by extension is a 'shiny thing'.

The only reason why 'bottle caps' work as currency in a game like fallout is because there's an economy (and the very idea of an economy) and traders (NPCs) who will actually trade you goods for bottle caps.

As many have said above, the only currency that will more than likely take place will be 'natural' currency that the players decide on, food, drinks, bullets, meds and the like, nothing that the Devs put in.  I wouldn't mind if they added in money as an item in game but it would be pretty much a 'junk' item like empty tin cans, sure it would have it's uses, but not as currency, unless a vast majority of players decide to start using money as the currency in DayZ.

Edited by BigMike

We can loot money from zombies, houses and players then we can spend it in the shop on buying items

Inb4 graveyard. Here. Have a Haiku.

The Amazing horse is hungry.

He has an everlasting hunger.

the topic will be buried.

• Like 3

Inb4 graveyard. Here. Have a Haiku.

The Amazing horse is hungry.

He has an everlasting hunger.

the topic will be buried.

That's not a haiku,

This is a haiku to you.

Just an example.