Sign in to follow this  
dgeesio

New Devblog announce release date of standalone Yes/no

will you be annoyed if release date isnt in tomorrows blog?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. will you be annoyed?

I don't care about DayZ anymore to be honest. I cared last year and early this year, but even if it's released now I have so many other games to play. Payday 2 is coming out mid august as well. To me, this game missed the boat.

• Like 3

Voted no. Nothing really annoys me especially something that I've no control over.

my sig says it all.

Rocket announced on the 14th August that Dayz Standalone was under development right?

What if... They release it on 14th August 2013!

BOOM!

That would be a pretty good birthday present for me then.  But whenever it comes out it comes out.

I'm not even planning to buy the standalone, I'll stick with Arma III dayz mod, so for me it's not really annoying / not annoying ahah

Like all the previous disappointing dates and goals set by Dean, this devblog will disappoint everyone yet again. Dean is good in disappointing people and in fact, that is all that he has been doing since last year with all the bull shit “expected to be released” comments he has made. I bet we will get no release date yet again.

• Like 1

I don't care about DayZ anymore to be honest. I cared last year and early this year, but even if it's released now I have so many other games to play. Payday 2 is coming out mid august as well. To me, this game missed the boat.

I agree the hype is gone. there are too many people that already used the idea and that are busy making better games based on the dayz concept. By the time alpha gets released there will be 100 other fully working games based on the Dayz concept. If the game even makes Standalone after Beta people can expect the market to be flooded with games based on a this idea. The fact is that there are bigger capable studios with more professional people that can handle a project of this scale, and will take less time to develop a fully functional working game (and no I am not talking about Activision).

• Like 1

Who gives a crap? Seriously, anyone dissapointed because of no news needs to take a break from the internet.

Go outdoors and enjoy the scenery and breathe deeply, Do you think the world revolves around a bloody computer game?

Here is my Eqation:

Life- DayZ update = Living a full wholesome life.

DayZ update- Life = Bloody silly

Any update will be a bonus, the last few caught me by surprise as I was not waiting for them.

• Like 1

I just don't care anymore, I will get it when it's released, But all the hype and excitement is gone. But it will all probably come flooding back as soon as I find out it's released.lol

• Like 1

You are a disgusting person! This forum does not have any suitable place for someone... like you.

You are a disgusting person! This forum does not have any suitable place for someone... like you.

why cause his op differs from yours ? comedy gold the interwebs is :lol:

• Like 1

I don't care about the SA release date.

Guys let's only think about to make your best to release a good product.

I agree the hype is gone. there are too many people that already used the idea and that are busy making better games based on the dayz concept. By the time alpha gets released there will be 100 other fully working games based on the Dayz concept

Buahaha, we've heard all this before even back then when WarZ was coming out.

Release date being announced in a devblog seems unlikely to me so no, no disappointment here. I wasn't even aware there was "hype" around this devblog.

Jackall (incorrect spelling with an extra 'l' if it is supposed to refer to the Bruce Willis avatar) is having a difficult childhood, if his forum contributions are anything to go by.

I wish but voted no.

I think if they had more to show we would have had more snippets by now.

Edited by magicoi

I  Voted no , Misery mod  2.0 came out yesterday so  no worries. Take youre time and make it the best you can guys.    :thumbsup:

After hours of getting my as kicked I finally fixed up and AK-105. 

*queue annihilation*  

With my new Ak-105 and 5.45x39mm AP ammo that I acquired through illicit means, which is a story of its own.  A merc patrol got separated from each other while fighting dogs.  Used my silenced Vz. 61 with the best AP ammo I could muster to take them out silently one by one.   The first Merc was on a ridge with a dog circling him.  I was close when I noticed him.  He killed the dog and then noticed me!  It was too late for him though.  I already had taken aim and put 4 or 5 rounds into before he could put any effective fire on me.  I looted his corpse and found some good loot.  Then another merc came down the hill.  I toke cover behind a rock.  The Merc was wearing very tough armor.  He brushed aside two hounds quickly.  I pulled out my Spetnaz blade and silently started my approach.  15 tense seconds late I was in striking range.  My first hit was to the back of his head.  Too more quick strikes and the armor Merc was down.  He had the AK-105 on him that I would eventually repair.  It had a GP-25 too! I was looking around when another merc came down the hill.  I saw him at about the same time he saw me.  Fortunately, I had a little more cover than him.  Several burst latter and the Merc was pacified.  

I RTBed and sold most of the loot for food ammo and repair kits.  Then I fixed up the AK-105 and headed back out.  My intention was to clear out the Gas Station were the Mercs and their bandit allies were hiding.  After my three kills and fighting the dogs, I felt they were weak enough to be finished.  I was right.

I snuck all the way into their base w/o detection.  but right as I was about to enter the building, one guys turned and spotted me.  We blasted each other but neither side scored hits.  I was cornered though.  A building on one side and chain link fence on the other two sides.  It wasn't long before I would be out flanked.  fired my Ak into the door to buy me as much time as possilbe.  I quickly planted a land mine and then Backed into my corner and braced for death.  But it wasn't my day to die.

Two bandits rounded the corner at my front. The lead bandit stepped right on the mine! Being a small mine, it didn't kill them, but it did alot of damage and stunned them.  A burst into the chest of one bandit instantly killed him.  The other bandit surrendered, but I put a shot into his head, b/c I was being out flanked.  A bandit was close!  we traded fire.  My armor ate one bullet but the round was a small caliber and didn't hurt much.  My big Ak-105 on the other hand dropped the bastard in a few shots.  

Two Foes remain.  By this time the dogs (which must have been attracted to the gun fire) charged in.  There were not as many as before, maybe three mutts.  The corpses of yesterday's dog  skirmish already littered the place.  The remaining Merc killed two of the dogs.  I sneaked around and killed the bandit taking another hit, but I was okay.  The last Merc was fighting the last dog.  It was an Easy Kill.

The dog charged me and got a bite into my leg before I finished it with my blade.  I just killed the whole merc camp w/o dying! WoooooOOOOoooOOOOoooo!! It was really fun.  my only regret is killed the surrendering guy.  He could have contained valuable information.  

The armor I was using was a Overcoat w/ bloodsucker skin attached. The bloodsucker skin is bullet resistant (eq. 4 kelvar  sheets) and the overcoat is also bullet resistant.  This allows my character to take small rounds that aren't AP.  regular 9x18mm and 9x19.  It helps but most stalker's carry AP ammo so it doesn't help too much 

Edited by Vindicator

Bill...go home...you're drunk.

• Like 1