OfficerRaymond

Why does crap like this exist?

human stupidity is infinite. Dont think about it and care about positive things. bye

Simply put, how does one person become this stupid? I just can't wrap my mind around it. I understand trolling, but I remember a time of internet trolling that used to be eloquent... there was a sort of art to it. It used to be actually pretty funny for more than one party, and at times, the party being trolled even laughed... but now... it's just degenerated into this. (happened about 15 minutes ago). I was the main target, but I was thoroughly enjoying antagonizing.

288pglt.jpg

9as4cn.jpg

Is it just me that actually sees this and gives it more than one thought? I'm just baffled... Is stupidity of this level actually possible??

Has been always this way. Ignore them....

Hello there

Being an old fogey I have seen "trolling" go from something that was abhorred to something that's l337 and c00l to do.

Remember, being a troll or trolling is essentially just being a dickhead.

Yes, some folk managed to do it in an witty and harmless and sometimes amusing way which has spurred others to think that general insulting is completely acceptable and just part of being online.

We perpetuate the myth by saying "man up" or "that's just the way it is".

If we as a community really frowned on it we could cut these incidents down in percentage although we'll never eliminate it.

It's all down to education and perceived norms IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

You would think that there would be less prepubescent children playing PC games like ArmA considering such games actually require decent computer hardware thus costing more money. I guess kids are becoming more and more spoiled having their parents buy high-end PCs for them so that their kids can spend their days sitting around pointlessly trolling on the internet. 

• Like 1

Love the fact that you guys think you're "turning the tables" or "egging them on".

They don't care how stupid they look.  Look how stupid the OP looks for posting this... and it isn't even a particularly horrible example.  That sidechat snippet is more well written than papers I read in senior writting classes at a university.  For all you know (and I'd honestly bet a large sum of money) that guy is completely putting it on as far as teh stoopid ackt.

And you posting this... and experiencing greater trolling symptoms when you join the server is proof.  He's probably well adjusted when you aren't there.  But since you "find it enjoyable" even though you obviously don't... he wins.  People who are really trolling the trolls and enjoying it don't make posts on forums talking about how stupid a troll is then claiming to enjoy it.

Rookies.

Edited by Soupee
  • Like 2

Love the fact that you guys think you're "turning the tables" or "egging them on".

They don't care how stupid they look.  Look how stupid the OP looks for posting this... and it isn't even a particularly horrible example.  That sidechat snippet is more well written than papers I read in senior writting classes at a university.  For all you know (and I'd honestly bet a large sum of money) that guy is completely putting it on as far as teh stoopid ackt.

And you posting this... and experiencing greater trolling symptoms when you join the server is proof.  He's probably well adjusted when you aren't there.  But since you "find it enjoyable" even though you obviously don't... he wins.  People who are really trolling the trolls and enjoying it don't make posts on forums talking about how stupid a troll is then claiming to enjoy it.

Rookies.

Really? Well I find it funny that you know how I feel or that you know what the situation is. Yeah, I do find it funny. However the point of this thread was a joke, one which you clearly cannot comprehend. Maybe it's a bad joke, but you taking it serious I find to be even funnier than how moronic the dumbass in side-chat is. No, he is not 'well-rounded' when I'm not there, my entire clan plays on the server and this is how it is whenever he talks. Maybe he is a cool/smart guy IRL, but coming on a game and acting like this and calling it trolling is quite sad. As for you coming on this thread and insulting me, well... before you call anyone stupid have a look in the mirror. You just read a thread that was a joke, and took it seriously.

u g07 7r0113d |3r0    See? How hard was that to do?

Edited by OfficerRaymond

"Only two things are infinite... The universe, and human stupidity...and I'm not certain about the former"

~Albert Einstein

"U r faget suk a dik" Are some of the things you may encounter on the internet. We can't change it, we can only keep shut and hope that this annoyance of the internet we like to refer to as "Trolls" will just get bored and crawl back into their caves... cling on to your sanity and hang in there buddy! :thumbsup: 

I never said that it baffled me why he attempts to troll me, the stupidity baffles me.

Plus, you don't know the situation either. He has been constantly doing this for weeks. I just recently started giving in and responding. It passes the time and is enjoyable.

"how does one person become this stupid?"  "trolling used to be eloquent"  "is stupidity of this level actually possible?"

Wait, did you post this to ask opinions and now you're arguing with everyone that's replying? 

Edit: Grammatical stickler.

Edited by DrGonzo

A bowel movement of text from a lower life form is neither insulting or amusing, like a dog crapping in public.

Trolling hasn't changed.  This linguistic effluent has been incorrectly identified.

Idiocracy is the scariest predictive work of our time.

Edited by RN_Max

Wait, did you post this to ask opinions and now you're arguing with everyone that's replying? 

Edit: Grammatical stickler.

Have you seen me argue with anyone other than people that have come here with an attitude?

I posted this to poke at the ignorance of people online and to see what I got out of it. I was essentially bored and tired.

Have you seen me argue with anyone other than people that have come here with an attitude?

I posted this to poke at the ignorance of people online and to see what I got out of it. I was essentially bored and tired.

Didn't you see me eating goat? It tastes delicious. 

Let me sum this up in a simple word

-Children-

to sum it up in a sentence

-Asshole 13 year olds get ahold of their parents computer and get into games that they shouldn't such as dayz, and then bring it down to their poorly constructed logic level-

In total

Stupid Kids these days 

• Like 1

Let me sum this up in a simple word

-Children-

to sum it up in a sentence

-Asshole 13 year olds get ahold of their parents computer and get into games that they shouldn't such as dayz, and then bring it down to their poorly constructed logic level-

In total

Stupid Kids these days 

Shouldn't your location be listed as "Orlok's Coattails"?

That moment when you are scoping out a town, Then retard screams over side chat giving you a heart attack.

Edited by DanielTy88
  • Like 2

Tripe is tripe, and not worth talking about IMO.

But speaking of text side chat itself, I've seen some while watching a YT vid that is the best part of the vid. 

And the video maker had no role in it.  Sometimes a transition/cut occurs, and I find myself saying, "Damn, why  are you

cutting out the best part of your video?"  

Simply suggest that his time might be better spent getting an education so he doesn't look so stupid when trying to troll and move on. 

I have a horrible habit of biting when there are trolls about, but I'm fairly good at turning the tables on them. 

Yeah i know how you feel sometimes i just can't help myself, mainly because if their stupidity i just like to bombard them with as much return bait as possible, that's when they rage so bad or say a few expletives then quit.

I have no doubt, my comment was a poorly executed joke about the ignorance of Americans by pretending I hadn't heard of those two facts until you said them. ;)

Here we go with the "ignorant american" stuff. Just let me know where the most important innovations in recent world history originated and think about your ignorance for a while. But I digress, haters gonna hate. 

Not to mention jazz, the blues, and rock and roll. 

• Like 1

Here we go with the "ignorant american" stuff. Just let me know where the most important innovations in recent world history originated and think about your ignorance for a while. But I digress, haters gonna hate. 

Not to mention jazz, the blues, and rock and roll.

Hey, I'm as proudly American as Sam Eagle, I just find poking fun at ourselves when it's warranted is better than being defensive or combative in a public space. But perhaps it's gets overplayed to the point where even a light-hearted jest is seen as malicious and derogatory.

• Like 4

Some base destroying trolls join our server. I'm rolling with recently met friends. One of those is very vocal about his IT ability and general net savvyness.

Argument ensues over said base destruction.

Trolls end up quoting /b/ stating their names as jimmy russell.

Net 'savvy' friend actually believes this guy is called Jimmy Russell and states he will search for them on fb etc.

have to explain the error of his ways to him.

All of my facepalm

When a troll runs out of original material they usually end up quoting 4chan. At this point respond with "go back to /b/". Works half the time

If he's been doing it for weeks, fire an email to the server admin maybe? Personally I like our players to get into the game (whether hero or bandit), so on our server anyone ignoring 'do not troll' warning gets a lifetime ban, so they can go to a server that doesn't mind trolls :P Maybe if a few players complained to the admin, they'd sort it?

I never said that it baffled me why he attempts to troll me, the stupidity baffles me.

Plus, you don't know the situation either. He has been constantly doing this for weeks. I just recently started giving in and responding. It passes the time and is enjoyable.

"how does one person become this stupid?"  "trolling used to be eloquent"  "is stupidity of this level actually possible?"

Shouldn't your location be listed as "Orlok's Coattails"?

No because Orlok is a horse

I am the Gentleman who rides upon his majestic back

*zoey's brain has melted from how god awful the side chat fight was and now is stuck on a BSOD*