so recently i've started skimming over this forum and i've seen a repeating pattern.. bandits are the worst thing ever. i can't help but ask how? first of all, it really does add an extra factor to the game which you can't get anywhere else. really, what other MMOFPS makes you ponder "is this guy going to shoot me when i help him find a gun? am i going to be sniped the second i leave this general store?" in my mind, it adds an incredible feel to the whole experience, making no place other than 2km deep into woods feel safe. second of all, it gives the good players an endgame goal, to "murder all bandit "assholes" and bring salvation to the wasteland!" i mean, come on, what do you do once you blood bag every noob on the server? then what? wait for them to die so you can do it again? booooooooring

so my question is; what is so wrong with bandits?

• Like 4

Nothing.. People just bitch about them because they get too attached to their gear....

• Like 2

Because of emotions my dear sir...

Those annoying things in the back of the head...

I did my old firing squad execution yesterday... one annoying child screamed at me whilst we pushed his friend up against the wall..

Then came his turn, he begged for his life and gear...so we set up a few of my top men at the edge of the field, we forced him to run across, dodging the bullets...he didn't survive..

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus
  • Like 3

I'm pretty sure we all complain about bandits, but in the bottom of our heart we actually appreciate them being there so we don't get bored. And I wouldn't say people get mad by being attached to their gear, it's more about the time taken to acquire the stuff.

• Like 1

As i read your signature i pondered your question.. Are you seeking forgiveness for your profession, acceptance or justification from the masses?

Some players classify themselves as bandits but i have read many different meanings or explanations of what a bandit 'in this mod' is or is suppose to be and i sometimes find the line is blurred.  

I dont really care either way.. We have no choice but to accept  'Bandits' as part of this mod and play along accordingly...

Maybe you could answer a question for me : " What is so right with Bandits?"

Wow..sorry this was way to serious a reply from me.. i think i need a coffee with  dash of red bull to wake up...

• Like 2

As i read your signature i pondered your question.. Are you seeking forgiveness for your profession, acceptance or justification from the masses?

Maybe you could answer a question for me : " What is so right with Bandits?"

first question - acceptance and justification mostly, some people want so so bad features that 'improve player interaction', all while ignoring the fact that they can easily make neutral encounters... even i, in a bandit skin, holding a DMR and a czech backpack, have been given help from a random passerby just by saying "i'll blood bag you if you blood bag me" (MORE THAN ONCE EVEN!), It's really not that difficult to 'be the good guy'

second question - bandits, like i said, add a factor of fear to the game you can get nowhere else, that's pretty right if you ask me

I actually like being scared when im in a town looting stuff like that thought that stays in the back of your mind thinking that there is a bandit on that hill ghillied with a DMR.Makes dayz experience more awesome

so recently i've started skimming over this forum and i've seen a repeating pattern.. bandits are the worst thing ever. i can't help but ask how? first of all, it really does add an extra factor to the game which you can't get anywhere else. really, what other MMOFPS makes you ponder "is this guy going to shoot me when i help him find a gun? am i going to be sniped the second i leave this general store?" in my mind, it adds an incredible feel to the whole experience, making no place other than 2km deep into woods feel safe. second of all, it gives the good players an endgame goal, to "murder all bandit "assholes" and bring salvation to the wasteland!" i mean, come on, what do you do once you blood bag every noob on the server? then what? wait for them to die so you can do it again? booooooooring

Nothing wrong with bandits. They are a key element of the game. Many things wrong with little asshats who call themselves bandits when they go sniping poor survivors in Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk, or kill unarmed players.

Also it would be much nicer if bandits weren't at the ridiculous advantage they always are. This could be fixed if more bandits would be creative, and rob or kidnap people instead of just sniping them for no damn reason.

EDIT: Oh also when they taunt you, especially if they are like 12 or something. Its enough that you just ruined around 2 hours of work for me for no reason, you have no reason to scream in sidechat "YOU JUST GOT OWNED NOOB". Fight me in a firefight and win, then you're free to say that.

Basically, annoying asshats who kill people for no actual reason whatsoever are the problem of the game. Not actual bandits who ambush/attack other survivors for loot. They are the key element of the game. Shits sitting on top of Chernogorsk, no. Stary and NWAF are the only places which are acceptable for sniper campers, since there most people will have a chance to fight back and most people there actually have loot.

I'd prefer it to have a fear of meeting someone in Chernogorsk or Elektro, not the fear of getting a bullet in my head from a 12 year old kid without having a chance to fight back.

Edited by dollon
  • Like 2

Does anyone really dislike bandits? I don't and I have been killed by them more times than I care to imagine.

People have a problem with the unrealistic proportion of them in the game world, that's all; the idea that there becomes nothing much to do aprart from PK.

Edited by kander

Campers are not bandits. Newspawns-killers are not bandits. Cod kiddies are not bandits.

Ambushing players, killing for loot, robbing w/o killing (if you have the guts), that's a real bandit. And I love real bandits in the game (I am one), I despise the rest of the self-proclamed bandits.

Edited by p4triot

It must take the mentality of a child of think that the game would be fun if it was just us vs the zombies, if other players were no threat.

Personally I am a survivor who KoS when needed, I protect my buddy and if I'm on a whitelisted server I will protect who I am allied with. I have bloodbagged people, traded, I tried to bandage a guy the other day (he had bandit skin but was unarmed).

I would probably have bandit skin too if I survived more fire fights.

The tension over how hard it can be to survive, mixing elements from Resi, some RPGs and FPS games all into this is what makes it so great. I hope in SA there are a variety of zombies, maybe some other monsters, maybe some incentive to team up, even if only briefly. But yes, the feeling that someone may snipe you, that this person you are helping may turn on you, well nothing else matches it.

The other day my buddy and I were looting a supermarket. I went over to the office/school. Suddenly gunfire that was neither of us. Someone on the roof of the school had foolishly tried to snipe my buddy through the supermarket window with his 1911. My buddy had a LMG which we had got from a heli crash. You can probably tell how it ended... That brief encounter was exhilarating and it only lasted a few seconds. 

Love the game. Would never play on a no PVP server. Would prefer 1st person, no sights servers. For me go hardcore or go home. 

• Like 2

The problem is the mentality many have that killing someone makes them the better player. Because in every other FPS that is the aim. Hence the taunting.

But yes... being taunted by a prepubescent voice does make it that bit more irritating.

people forget bandit guys getting murdered also :|

we know how is feel after some guy win pvP :o

is shitty feel for all player but is also important, is this low feel that give some contrast to high buzz of win pvp :D

guy who make choose 'I don't kill on sight and try be friend to every guy' maybe get maximum pleasure in different way, who know? :huh:

but I love bandit, I love when I see one player who look for fight also, win or lose the fight is what count for me  is why I didn't play COD since day before my pc arrive :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Because of emotions my dear sir...

Those annoying things in the back of the head...

I did my old firing squad execution yesterday... one annoying child screamed at me whilst we pushed his friend up against the wall..

Then came his turn, he begged for his life and gear...so we set up a few of my top men at the edge of the field, we forced him to run across, dodging the bullets...he didn't survive..

You sir get my beans and a big thank you, its bandits like you that make this game fun, i just wish more would be inventive and devious like this. not just the normal kill on sight even though i don't mind that.

Edited by Crazy one

kids just hate die

Think about the difference in intensity level when you're playing alone on a server or even a low pop server and when you're on a relatively higher population server. The fear of bandits or "KOS cod kiddies!!!" Is what makes the game worth playing.

If we didn't deep down want their to be bandits or common murderers, we would all rent our own servers and play alone. Or there would be high pop PvE servers.

Bandits are like greed. Without them the whole system fails

• Like 1