D3NTH3M3N

The motivation to play

Hi.

When i made my Gaming-pc ( only for dayz.. ) i was like OMG FINALLY I CAN PLAY DAYZ WITH NO LAGG..

Its all fine. i can play on very-high with 30-35 FPS in elektro.

I dont got motivation because the map is SO HUGE.. and when i spawn somewhere like kamenka i dont feel like walking there, and there..?

But i dont have any motivation to play the game... its like:

I spawn in.. walking around, in a town.. after 5 minutes i get bored and quit......

But i like to watch DayZ vids from like Frankie etc.. but i dont like to play?

Can someone give me some tips or motivation to play the game.. WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION TO PLAY?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

There are two things that I would suggest.

1. Grouping up - you can find  a lot of friendly players either on the forums, teamspeak servers, or even in game if you are careful.

Having a few buddies to play with makes it a lot easier to find and secure loot, vehicles, etc.

Not to mention the added value of being able to talk to these people while playing and becoming more actively engaged.

2. Try DayZ Origins or another variation of the mod with a different map, it really does help to spice up the gameplay and give you a new place to explore.

I would suggest Origins because the Taviana map is amazing, it's really big - but everything is close together so you don't waste hours running from point A to point B.

The icing on the cake for this would also be the advanced skill trees, progression, and basebuilding abilities that are added in origins.

• Like 1

you fucking serious? you don't like to play dayz??? :o

no game is feel like dayz for pvP and adrenalin is sometime too much, I am shake like some blind lesbian in the fish factory (is joke of my dad) :lol:

it take something like 20 minutes for run from kamenka to elektro, is not bad ;)  is balota airport and cherno before this, is too much busy place for make fun :thumbsup:

play only server with 20+ player so is more chance for make fight :thumbsup:

my motivation is to make experience for enjoy dayz magic pvP feel when some guy is shoot on me or I see one guy and make player hunt. B)

try this shit one more time please. don't worry 'shit, is too much far for walk this place' >:(  take time, enjoy atmosphere, kill some zed, find nice gun and stuff for survive and play your own way for make fun ;)

• Like 3

You should get a friend or friends to play with you.

Look for groups in Steam or even in this forum if you don't have any friends that play or would like to play DayZ.

The game becomes more interesting and you as a gamer become more invested when you have at least one person to play it with. You will be planning for even simple stuff, like where to go next or what place to raid in a town nearby etc..

Even planning these kinds of steps while walking around in DayZ with your friend eats up your time quite quickly, kind of like you won't even notice the passing of time.

At least this works for me.

Also try to change your general role in the game. If you have always been a good guy, not shot on sight etc., you should try playing as a bandit. Vice versa if you've been playing as a bandit so far.

If you enjoy watching DayZ videos, especially like Frankie's, then I would say that you might be too impatient for DayZ. Videos like Frankie's are scripted and heavily edited for maximum viewing enjoyment and if you feel you like those the best, then I don't think that the game can give you the needed satisfaction in default at least.

• Like 1

No offence ... but maybe developing a longer attention span than five minutes would be useful.

The curse of current times, instant gratification, certainly isn't on the menu in DayZ, that's for sure.

• Like 6

you fucking serious? you don't like to play dayz??? :o

no game is feel like dayz for pvP and adrenalin is sometime too much, I am shake like some blind lesbian in the fish factory (is joke of my dad) :lol:....

Lol

Give those beans to your dad.

• Like 2

The mod is just way too repetitive. And don't tell me that I don't use my "imagination" enough because there isn't that much stuff to do. 

Actually surviving (in the mod) is boring and frustrating. It was fun at first, but now it's the complete opposite. This is why most of us are extremely anxious to play the standalone. 

That's also why people now resort to just killing each other. 

Most of the mods (Origins, Breaking Point) are all trash, too. Tedious and buggy. 

You like to watch Frankie and others play DayZ more than playing it yourself because they only show the interesting and action-packed moments. All the walking, running, and scavenging is cut out. 60% of DayZ is walking and running through forests and empty towns, this is probably why you don't feel like playing anymore. There's no real survival feel to it. Starvation and dehydration isn't something you worry about. Finding a place to stay for the cold, wet night isn't something you worry about. Putting forth effort to hunt and feed yourself isn't something you worry about. 

Edited by Death Dealer

so after you got a new pc and dint lag anymore you got bored of DayZ?

well set back up your old one

The mod is just way too repetitive. And don't tell me that I don't use my "imagination" enough because there isn't that much stuff to do. 

Actually surviving (in the mod) is boring and frustrating. It was fun at first, but now it's the complete opposite. This is why most of us are extremely anxious to play the standalone. 

That's also why people now resort to just killing each other. 

Most of the mods (Origins, Breaking Point) are all trash, too. Tedious and buggy. 

Don't play any more then if you don't enjoy it, that's the whole point.  Go do something you do enjoy instead!

There are plenty of other games that will make use of your new PC.

Don't play any more then if you don't enjoy it, that's the whole point.  Go do something you do enjoy instead!

I don't play anymore. Never said I did. 

DayZ mod was intended as a tech demo for Rocket's persistent worlds idea, and there hasn't been a huge amount of content added since the beginning. It's kind of to be expected that you'd lose the motivation to play after a few hundred hours, and for a mod that's quite a long time.

These days I just tend to binge on DayZ. I'll play 50 hours in a week and then not play for a month, lol. The standalone should bring enough new and shiny things to rekindle everyone's passion.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 3

DayZ mod was intended as a tech demo for Rocket's persistent worlds idea, and there hasn't been a huge amount of content added since the beginning. It's kind of to be expected that you'd lose the motivation to play after a few hundred hours, and for a mod that's quite a long time.

These days I just tend to binge on DayZ. I'll play 50 hours in a week and then not play for a month, lol. The standalone should bring enough new and shiny things to rekindle everyone's passion.

This is exactly how I have been playing, I'll binge between periods of  working on my machinima series for inspiration and stress relief (even though most times I get more stressed by playing lol)

Such is the nature of a "sandbox" environment.  You are in control of your enjoyment.  Unlike a "themepark" style game that has content ready for you to "ride"

For me It's a matter of setting personal "goals".  Like "Find and repair a vehicle for my use".  Or "make it through cherno at prime time alive"

In some cases sandbox games just aren't for everyone

• Like 1

Such is the nature of a "sandbox" environment.  You are in control of your enjoyment.  Unlike a "themepark" style game that has content ready for you to "ride"

For me It's a matter of setting personal "goals".  Like "Find and repair a vehicle for my use".  Or "make it through cherno at prime time alive"

In some cases sandbox games just aren't for everyone

Yeah, you really do have to be self motivated to play sandbox games, or else you won't get anything done and you'll just get bored and tired. Planning is key.

Hi.

When i made my Gaming-pc ( only for dayz.. ) i was like OMG FINALLY I CAN PLAY DAYZ WITH NO LAGG..

Its all fine. i can play on very-high with 30-35 FPS in elektro.

I dont got motivation because the map is SO HUGE.. and when i spawn somewhere like kamenka i dont feel like walking there, and there..?

But i dont have any motivation to play the game... its like:

I spawn in.. walking around, in a town.. after 5 minutes i get bored and quit......

But i like to watch DayZ vids from like Frankie etc.. but i dont like to play?

Can someone give me some tips or motivation to play the game.. WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION TO PLAY?

Thanks in advance!

Friends. We set up objectives and achieve it.

This is exactly how I have been playing, I'll binge between periods of  working on my machinima series for inspiration and stress relief (even though most times I get more stressed by playing lol)

Yeah but it's not the same stress, I love the stress I get by playing. I used to play Lineage 2 with 9 game-clients at the same time, plus who knows how much traders, and still managed to be on 4 poker texas holdem online tables making some money while playing. THAT WAS stressfull, but gosh, how I loved to be so mind active! Actually, since I quit playing L2 and poker I feel a bit dumber, slow thinking, all that exercise has gone now and that has consequences.

Well this is a survival sandbox.  You need to set goals for yourself.  I usually have fun just orienteering my way around.  But set goals like :find food and drink and supplies xy and z then go "this place" to find that.  And usually while im searching for stuff ill need to find food or drink and thats when stuff gets nuts, when I need to search through a town of 50 zombies because im starving ect ect then get sniped and start over :P

1. Play on a FULL server... preferably with a friend/partner so it doesn't become too frustrating.

2. Play one of the many other mods (origins, overwatch, zero etc..) where things are closer together and you don't have to do so much running.

3. If you find zombies far too easy (as I do in non-vanilla mods), let one chew on you till you're down to about half health and then begin your attempts to survive...

If I feel like playing on an empty server (non-vanilla)(just want to kill zeds) and making a challenge for myself, starting out with low blood and the shakes is a great way to keep me on the edge of my seat!!

No offence ... but maybe developing a longer attention span than five minutes would be useful.

The curse of current times, instant gratification, certainly isn't on the menu in DayZ, that's for sure.