Sign in to follow this  
liquidcactus

Toilet Water / Nausea induced attack

Toilet Water.

Use toilet water to put in canteen(concealed) to give to someone as a friendly gesture to drink making them nauseous. Simple. (In turn perhaps this could do something to make it easier to rob said nauseous person(s) Maybe making them so sick that the char model has to drop and do a vomit animation and thats when you could strike the player for his goods.. seedy yes.

Leave behind for someone to find if you feel like being a prick.

Toilet Water would be usefull obviously for the purification tablets.

The Dilemma. A seasoned veteran would... well in fact most normal people would surely smell the contents of a liquid from a bottle that they couldn't see and were considering to consume ?

Hmm.. what do you think

Maybe a tad of a gimmick but I think it should be introduced simply because of how basic the idea is.

• Like 1

No.

This idea is extremely over complicated, and frankly (please take no offence) useless.

Also, in the large scheme of things "toilet water" is clean and drinkable. Unless the water is contaminated with urine and/or feces, which would be obvious, it's most likely safe to drink.

I also just find that idea to be awkward and impractical. I don't think many people would run around and fill waterbottles with "toilet water" for whatever reason.

• Like 2

Well unless it was a dirty toilet it wouldn't really make you sick, and even then not right away.  In fact one urban survival trick is to take water from the toilet tank (unless there's chlorine tablets or some other cleaner in the tank) to drink.  Unless your toilet is specifically hooked up to a non-potable water source its the same you get out of the tap.  And I'd be more than a little suspicious of someone handing me a canteen of water after I just met them and telling me to drink it.  (like shoot them in the face suspicious, and I don't normally do that)

Also, I would imagine that there's no more water in the toilets anymore anyway.  And to my knowledge canteens will say purified/not purified on them as text.  So it'd really only work on noobs.

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 2

I wonder how long after the breakdown of normal services etc it'd take for toilet water to dry up?  This idea does seem a bit over complicated but I like the idea of maybe being able to lace one of my canteens with rat poison or anti-freeze as nice surprise for any one that kills and loots me.

• Like 1

No.

This idea is extremely over complicated, and frankly (please take no offence) useless.

Also, in the large scheme of things "toilet water" is clean and drinkable. Unless the water is contaminated with urine and/or feces, which would be obvious, it's most likely safe to drink.

I also just find that idea to be awkward and impractical. I don't think many people would run around and fill waterbottles with "toilet water" for whatever reason.

Thats ok, I dare say i forgot to put you could perhaps contaminate it yourself. Regardless, from what you guys are saying maybe you could atleast use it as drinking water then. So how far is it after the infection.. im sure some toilets would have water for months

Well guys I guess maybe I was to specific..FORGET THE TOILET WATER ... how about say if you can receive nausea in the SA you can poison food/drink to make someone sick and it takes x amount of time to work.. maybe its hard to do.. the whole idea is if you can get nauseous in the first place.. 

I wonder how long after the breakdown of normal services etc it'd take for toilet water to dry up?  This idea does seem a bit over complicated but I like the idea of maybe being able to lace one of my canteens with rat poison or anti-freeze as nice surprise for any one that kills and loots me.

Indeed.. the basic idea of poisoning someone is what i want to see then making it easy to rob someone. tahts it really.. I understand the over complicated thing but like i said above as long as the nausea is in the game why the hell not

• Like 1

Agreed.  I see no reason why poisoning or drugging someone intentionally won't be possible whether it's via syringe, food or water.  It could be a dangerous game to play unless you know what you're doing, if someone's already malnourished or ill poisoning or drugging them could finish them off, it'll be fun experimenting though.

• Like 1

Thats ok, I dare say i forgot to put you could perhaps contaminate it yourself. Regardless, from what you guys are saying maybe you could atleast use it as drinking water then. So how far is it after the infection.. im sure some toilets would have water for months

Well guys I guess maybe I was to specific..FORGET THE TOILET WATER ... how about say if you can receive nausea in the SA you can poison food/drink to make someone sick and it takes x amount of time to work.. maybe its hard to do.. the whole idea is if you can get nauseous in the first place.. 

Yeah, you were a bit specific.  I'm pretty sure its going to be in the game sooner or later, or it was at least talked about.  Taking a shit in the lake will contaminate it with whatever infections you have, ect.

I'd like to see it added to the crafting mechanic.  IE someone could crush up some sleeping pills or painkillers, sneak up on someone's tent and put it in their water canteens or on their preserved food, then come back when the person is knocked out/ODed, or keep it on their person as well as a sort of 'fuck you' to the person who robs/kills and loots.  Maybe contamination will eve be to the point where you have to clean and sanitize water containers once they've been infected with something, not just dump out the contents and refill.

• Like 1

Although to be honest, in a real survival situation the LAST thing I (or anyone intelligent enough to survive) would do would be to poison/contaminate a source of food or water.

Then again the last thing I would expect would be two guys in a helicopter hunting me down and killing me, wasting 20 mins of fuel and around a 100 rounds of ammo on the off chance I might have some food or water on me when all I had was a crossbow and hunting knife.

Sun Tsu might have said something along the lines of denying your enemy resources, but he also talked about using thous resources for yourself...and I'm pretty sure he didn't have to deal with Jiang Shi and COD kids.

• Like 2

Actually. The ability to poison a pond or a small lake would be pretty awesome. It shouldn't be poisoned for more than a couple of hours, but with a lot of players on the server, i think it would be enough.

The only place left that the water wouldnt smell funny is from rivers,

¨those ponds around chernarus would have very bad water aswell

Although to be honest, in a real survival situation the LAST thing I (or anyone intelligent enough to survive) would do would be to poison/contaminate a source of food or water.

Then again the last thing I would expect would be two guys in a helicopter hunting me down and killing me, wasting 20 mins of fuel and around a 100 rounds of ammo on the off chance I might have some food or water on me when all I had was a crossbow and hunting knife.

Sun Tsu might have said something along the lines of denying your enemy resources, but he also talked about using thous resources for yourself...and I'm pretty sure he didn't have to deal with Jiang Shi and COD kids.

Well as you can see there enough stupid people who would do exactly that, let's hope they forget what they have done and fall for their own trick. Then again with the server hopping possible i wouldn't want any option involving beeing able to contaminate water or food sources due to reasons mentioned above. It's not good if the perpetrator can just connect to another server and be safe. If you had to use a different avatar on every server i would welcome the idea since most will think twice about doing something this stupid because it can also affect them.

Edited by Enforcer

Well as you can see there enough stupid people who would do exactly that, let's hope they forget what they have done and fall for their own trick. Then again with the server hopping possible i wouldn't want any option involving beeing able to contaminate water or food sources due to reasons mentioned above. It's not good if the perpetrator can just connect to another server and be safe. If you had to use a different avatar on every server i would welcome the idea since most will think twice about doing something this stupid because it can also affect them.

Don't know for sure, but I thought I read something about servers being grouped into hive clusters.  IE US 1 through 10 will be one Hive cluster.  11-20 will be another.  And the servers will be linked, IE say a very rare weapon where only one will spawn and wont respawn when it's picked up till it's destroyed/disappeared.  This way someone cant just loot the 'mega gun' (for lack of a better word) and put it in a tent somewhere on SK10 or whatever.  You'll only be able to server hop with your char between the cluster of servers.  Maybe a way to keep this happening would be to link water contamination as well.  Wouldn't stop trolls completely, but people who know would definately think twice, and anyway you're going to be purifying most water you get anyway.

Yes, but I think the option should just be there because " IT CAN OR COULD HAPPEN" not because we deem it not worthy of the game.. it just should be there because its not impossible to do.. poisoning people... If it makes you happy it can be really hard to do :P ... it could be considered a luxury to poison something/someone.. it would be a rare circumstance of cause.. i find it funny how most (i dont mean you mike but others) people always think that when suggested idea is suggested that it is always mentioned to be intended as overpowered idea..not this one  with the right measurements and cautious handling of implementation I believe it would have to be in the game somewhere...

Edited by liquidcactus

Yes, but I think the option should just be there because " IT CAN OR COULD HAPPEN" not because we deem it not worthy of the game.. it just should be there because its not impossible to do.. poisoning people... If it makes you happy it can be really hard to do :P ... it could be considered a luxury to poison something/someone.. it would be a rare circumstance of cause.. i find it funny how most (i dont mean you mike but others) people always think that when suggested idea is suggested that it is always mentioned to be intended as overpowered idea..not this one  with the right measurements and cautious handling of implementation I believe it would have to be in the game somewhere...

Not saying it shouldn't be part of the game.  To be honest if things were a bit like DayZ where you have large groups of bandits I probably would poison their water supply given the chance.  There's a bunch of ideas that are 'bad ideas' that should be part of the game (don't have a link to the topic but pretty sure its titled Darwin's Dream or Bad Ideas).  Like drinking Gas or cooking a box of bullets.

Ya know, a thought occurred to me in the shower just now.  We talk about people contaminating lakes and sources of water to prevent/hinder people who drink there, but it really goes beyond that.

Lets just say for a moment that the 'contamination' mechanic will work like this.

1) Player with cholera takes a shit in a pond

2) Pond becomes contaminated for a week or so.

3) (after a day) Anyone who drinks from the pond without boiling or purifying it will have a 90% chance to get cholera (as opposed to say a 1% chance were it not contaminated).

4) (after a day) Anyone who swims/wades in the pond has a 70% chance to get cholera, 90% if they have and open wound (or were recently bandaged)

5) (after say 3 days) A percentage of zombies that spawn near the water source would be infected with cholera (with a 10% chance of infecting a player they attack)

This would actually make a lot of sense as a model.  One player can be responsible for an outbreak on a server.  Guy contracts Cholera somehow, takes a shit in Topolka dam, zombies down in Electro become infected after a few days and infect anyone unlucky enough to be attacked by an infected zombie, cycle repeats.

Ya know, a thought occurred to me in the shower just now.  We talk about people contaminating lakes and sources of water to prevent/hinder people who drink there, but it really goes beyond that.

Lets just say for a moment that the 'contamination' mechanic will work like this.

1) Player with cholera takes a shit in a pond

2) Pond becomes contaminated for a week or so.

3) (after a day) Anyone who drinks from the pond without boiling or purifying it will have a 90% chance to get cholera (as opposed to say a 1% chance were it not contaminated).

4) (after a day) Anyone who swims/wades in the pond has a 70% chance to get cholera, 90% if they have and open wound (or were recently bandaged)

5) (after say 3 days) A percentage of zombies that spawn near the water source would be infected with cholera (with a 10% chance of infecting a player they attack)

This would actually make a lot of sense as a model.  One player can be responsible for an outbreak on a server.  Guy contracts Cholera somehow, takes a shit in Topolka dam, zombies down in Electro become infected after a few days and infect anyone unlucky enough to be attacked by an infected zombie, cycle repeats.

Well Michael I have a pretty good feeling you may be close to what they are already implementing.. well maybe atleast not to far off :D

I'm also thinking perhaps being able to craft a poison aswell.. with say 3/4 ingredients maybe.. I'd say only 1 recipe with 1 ingredient that is perhaps very hard to get to make this, once again... non-OP