rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

Wow... I just don't know anymore. The last page of this thread is awful. Maybe this thing should be in the graveyard. It's turned into some kind of catch-all. 

It's pretty funny when you're high though

• Like 6

It's pretty funny when you're high though

Beer helps too

• Like 3

Geez... After my banter last week stating Rocket doesn't give a shit about the community yet still some people convinced me that Rocket would 'mention' something this week.

Now i am here again, and as expected: nothing.

Some guy above me mentioned November 2013, i say i'd go for 2014 and this crappy communication to their so called 'respected community' will stay until that date.

The week is not over pal, the devblog is expected to be seen tomorrow (by a lot of ppl) as the devblogs always used to be posted (holy fridays).

Keep tuned!

Edited by SoulHunter

Geez... After my banter last week stating Rocket doesn't give a shit about the community yet still some people convinced me that Rocket would 'mention' something this week.

Some guy above me mentioned November 2013, i say i'd go for 2014 and this crappy communication to their so called 'respected community' will stay until that date.

oh nooo! what do we do NOW!?

Here's my devblog prediction: They've decided to use the superior ARMA 3 engine after all. We can expect a holiday 2014 release. The server architecture is done, well except that it's not... at all. But it will be even more groundbreaking than ever before when it is done. The bubble man... the bubble. 

• Like 1

Keep those beers on ice for me dude.

• Like 3

Sharing is caring Fraggles

• Like 1

Wow. Seems like some people got awful butthurt over my comment :lol:

The point I was trying to make, was aimed at those that are inevitably going to flip out when the alpha is released and the zombies aren't "friggen amazing". People seem to forget that DayZ was never meant to be a traditional "zombie" game, nor should it strive to be. It was a social experiment, simple as. In fact if you look at interviews with Dean he makes sure to mention that the antagonist could have been anything from dinosaurs to aliens; he just so happened to choose the "infected".

The game at its core is about player interaction, not "zombies", so why people treat them with such importance and claim that they'll make or break the game is beyond me. Of course they're important, as without them you're just dumping players into a massive sandbox with limited (just going off the mod here) tools, but again, they are not the focus. There are plenty of other games that are pure zombie fps's, so if that's what you're looking for, feel free to jump on them. BUT imo, DayZ never was, nor will it be just another zombie game. Out of all the incredible experiences people have had since the mod first hit, I sincerely doubt ANY of them were dependent on zombies.. 

The sole reason I referenced WarZ was because, regardless of how predictable and monotonous their zombies are, people continue to play the game and it doesn't even have half the content that DayZ mod has.. 

• Like 2

Here's my devblog prediction: They've decided to use the superior ARMA 3 engine after all. We can expect a holiday 2014 release. The server architecture is done, well except that it's not... at all. But it will be even more groundbreaking than ever before when it is done. The bubble man... the bubble.

peinus-bubble_o_108494.jpg

@CapricornOne

I appreciate your concern man. Cheers for DA BUBBLE and the HOLY DEVBLOG!

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 2

Why u butthurt?

*ignore me I'm just waiting for a game to DL and it's driving me nuts*

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

That's really all you got?

Once critisim joins this thread, the mods and people that love the way things go now spam critisism away by just flooding this thread with pure bollox and shit no one really bothers. Ignore and avoid argueing, just spam the entire discussion death until another pro-rocket person joins the topic and states how beautifull things are in the upcoming standalone.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Once critisim joins this thread, the mods and people that love the way things go now spam critisism away by just flooding this thread with pure bollox.

Cut the shit Stalin...

By the way it should be...

"Is that really all you've got?".

Ahem, and on your other post you failed Terribly at grammar...

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus

Once critisim joins this thread, the mods and people that love the way things go now spam critisism away by just flooding this thread with pure bollox.

I was being light hearted fella, chill out.  You'll get no argument from me however much you want one.

I'm pretty sure both of us aired our views at length last week, my views haven't changed.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Once critisim joins this thread, the mods and people that love the way things go now spam critisism away by just flooding this thread with pure bollox and shit no one really bothers. Ignore and avoid argueing, just spam the entire discussion death until another pro-rocket person joins the topic and states how beautifull things are in the upcoming standalone.

For what it's worth, I think your prediction of a 2014 release is wrong

xXx

I was being light hearted fella, chill out.  You'll get no argument from me however much you want one.

I'm pretty sure both of us aired our views at length last week, my views haven't changed.

And the amount of rocket's development news hasn't changed either, which is my point.

Once critisim joins this thread, the mods and people that love the way things go now spam critisism away by just flooding this thread with pure bollox and shit no one really bothers. Ignore and avoid argueing, just spam the entire discussion death until another pro-rocket person joins the topic and stats how beautifull things are.

no tears only dreams now.

And the amount of rocket's development news hasn't changed either, which is my point.

he announced a week ago to announce some stuff and you're upset because he promised to announce some announcements and hasn't delivered them yet? why do ppl still forget to take deans words always with a pinch of salt? things "seem" to change on a daily basis and it is terribly hard for him to predict/fulfill certain things as we can all see... just take a chill pill relax, we'll see what and when they can deliver.

Edited by joe_mcentire

God Stalin, you're a bit depressing aren't you...

Lighten up a bit...

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus

Guessing you're not looking forward to the devblog so?  :(

I don't know why anyone would be looking forward to a dev blog.  All you are doing is setting yourself up for disappointment...

God Stalin, your a bit depressing aren't you...

Lighten up a bit...

You're* /flex

As I said before, the week is not over and the devblog is expected tomorrow.

Edited by SoulHunter

Em why so?  :huh:

He is jely that he is not the only one looking for the holy devblog as F5'ing the forums/twitter/tumbler/reddit all day/everyday

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1