rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

Erm, the milestone will be what we're reviewing in the devblog. Which is what this whole post is about.

Winky face Rocket! he used a winky face!!!

noob

• Like 2

I can't remember that? Sounds like typical journalists twisting words to get hits.

It's not going to be next week (jet lag, etc...). But it's not going to be longer than two months. It will be somewhere in between.

• Like 2

milestone kickstart devday probably might be august not august as confirmed by myself.

hope that clears it up for you guys. crystal clear to me.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 2

Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Very excited.

I'm curious, what differentiates the milestone that will be reviewed and then, presumably, featured in a devblog next week and the "alpha candidates" milestone review? 

I hope this question makes sense. 

Thanks!

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 2

I think his post was sarcasm aimed at your quote and the fact you mentioned "confusing language". If not lol

Thts what I ment :)

This is nice but I dont really mind when it comes out because when it does the mod will have a lot less players and I want to play it a lot more before the standalone comes out.

So I'm guessing the devblog that's going to be released next week will be the most in-depth one you've posted so far?

If so, I'm looking forward to a good read, I'm really anxious to learn more about this 'Bubble' and how far away you guys are achieving it. 

So I'm guessing the devblog that's going to be released next week will be the most in-depth one you've posted so far?

If so, I'm looking forward to a good read, I'm really anxious to learn more about this 'Bubble' and how far away you guys are achieving it. 

To be more clear, if that "bubble" would work, there would then be no "ESP" or such hacking activities, which has been impossible for all the MMOs until now no matter what, which would just be an amazing evolution for online-gaming so far......

To be more clear, if that "bubble" would work, there would then be no "ESP" or such hacking activities, which has been impossible for all the MMOs until now no matter what, which would just be an amazing evolution for online-gaming so far......

You're getting a little carried away there, As far as i understand it, The network bubble should make long distance ESP hacks much harder if not impossible, but it wont get rid of ESP completely.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Rocket.

I like many others wait in anticipation for the DayZ Alpha Standalone Release. :)

Edited by Faz
  • Like 1

why this hate Dean?! why do you hate?

edit:

Hail to the king! The king is back!

z28.gif z28.gif 

Edited by joe_mcentire

Edit: Ignore me. I'm still drunk and still at work.

ahhh...one of these days

You're getting a little carried away there, As far as i understand it, The network bubble should make long distance ESP hacks much harder if not impossible, but it wont get rid of ESP completely.

I do not really know the way how they are getting the rid of it (I assume you do not as well). If you would assume the bubble like a real bubble which has a proper radius meaning the client would only know all the infos in that sphere, then you are right. It would then not get the rid of ESP completely, and ways to get around it would be found by the hackers easily.

But if we would consider this "bubble" as a logic not really a literal "sphere" then we would assume that only the infos that an ordinary person could get without hacking would be gathered by the client meaning that the ESP would be mostly solved.

e.g:"Your client could not get info of an item which is 3 meters away from your character but behind a wall/such regarding your character's position, where your character could not see it."

If that^ is the case by the "bubble" logic, then it would be wrong to see it as a sphere in which your client would get all the infos.

I do not really know the way how they are getting the rid of it (I assume you do not as well). If you would assume the bubble like a real bubble which has a proper radius meaning the client would only know all the infos in that sphere, then you are right. It would then not get the rid of ESP completely, and ways to get around it would be found by the hackers easily.

But if we would consider this "bubble" as a logic not really a literal "sphere" then we would assume that only the infos that an ordinary person could get without hacking would be gathered by the client meaning that the ESP would be mostly solved.

e.g:"Your client could not get info of an item which is 3 meters away from your character but behind a wall/such regarding your character's position, where your character could not see it."

If that^ is the case by the "bubble" logic, then it would be wrong to see it as a sphere in which your client would get all the infos.

Sorry,from your original statement i thought you were convinced that the network bubble would solve ESP completely. I very much doubt it. but like you say we don't know enough about it yet.

Greetings Rocket,

Why the lack of information?

Development pace has been very rapid and as information gets prepared for a devblog, inevitably things change. Furthermore, things get fixed and added at different times - so it means it is hard to find a time when everything is committed at once....

Was wondering if you might have considered something as uncomplicated as posting nightly commit logs from your source control to the blog?

Not sure which VCS your team uses, but for example:

$ git log --oneline --since=yesterday

Produces output like:

e68a38b Layout engine now preserves any specified top,left coordinate of top-level componenets.

2ca7c21 Added global menu manipulation and event handling. Added on_close handler and to_front message for top-level windows.

4fe6a95 Added note about update_components mandatory reply necessary for vis synchronous resize kludge.

d46c190 Implement user-specified fixed layout width/height, overriding computed container size.

Just being able to observe a simple rolling history of the progress the Standalone team is making would be pretty awesome.

In any case, thanks for DayZ and looking forward to SA when it's done. :D

Finally! So this dev blog means the Alpha is going to be released by end of next week?? Yes!! Waydago, Rocket

Edited by codestargod

Sorry to burst your bubble (tehehe), but there'll still be hacks

I know that people explained that already, but I just HAD to do the bubble pun

Had to reinstall Windows 7 the other day and haven't loaded ARMA (and subsequently DayZ) back on.

It's a good thing, makes you stop caring about when the thing comes out. Thanks for the update Rocket, as sparse as they may be here on the forum.

• Like 1

It truly is a ground breaking feature being built into the core of the game engine. Theoretically it should make ESP/Aimbot/teleporting only effective within the 1.5km (or whatever the distance is) bubble. When coupled with solid Server Admin tools it should allow Admins to spot  teleporters easily and be able to kick/ban a script kiddie in real time, before major damage is done. i.e. teleporting in 1.5km increments could be picked up on by server admin tools. There are many possibilities.

• Like 1

I think this is good news. You had me worried there for a while. It'd of been a mistake to release what you showed at E3. Hopefully what we see a few months down the road looks a little more presentable.

• Like 7