rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

Who needs constant disappointment over SA when there is plenty of DayZero for everybody?

Who needs constant disappointment over SA when there is plenty of DayZero for everybody?

Oh yes, I forgot that was here to solve world hunger and fix every issue DayZ has ever had. /sarcasm :)

• Like 2

THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE.

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE.

• Like 1

Well that was an unexpected video..

Who is the god that gave him those 1337 skills and why wasn't I given any?

"Where have all the devblogs gone? Long time passing... Where have all the devblogs gone? Long time ago..." - Peter, Paul, and Mary

Edited by Katana67

"Where have all the devblogs gone? Long time passing... Where have all the devblogs gone? Long time ago..." - Peter, Paul, and Mary

Possibly... Next week?

Gone to graveyard everyone.

• Like 1

Processing over 2000 ha of new virtual forests of Chernarus, both computer and operator are overheating.

How many trees can you get in that ?

Tomorrow we'll see what this "milestone" is.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Processing over 2000 ha of new virtual forests of Chernarus, both computer and operator are overheating.

Enough to kill all non super computers, I hope they find a way to optimise trees, forests have the most lag.
  • Like 1

That's 20km² which is like whole Stratis covered in trees. In Chernarus forest there's about 1 tree every 10m so it can be about 200 000 trees. Probably less because there are always some gaps.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Enough to kill all non super computers, I hope they find a way to optimise trees, forests have the most lag.

Oh, I thought it was in Chernogorsk that people had most problems.

We get quite a few inquiries concerning fps and performance problems in built up areas.

@ St. Jimmy,,,thanks.

Oh, I thought it was in Chernogorsk that people had most problems.

We get quite a few inquiries concerning fps and performance problems in built up areas.

@ St. Jimmy,,,thanks.

I've only ever lagged in forests... I probably don't represent the majority of players then.

I know Arma 3 forests drop my frames heaps aswell.

I've only ever lagged in forests... I probably don't represent the majority of players then.

I know Arma 3 forests drop my frames heaps aswell.

I neither lag in forests or in cities....

But I always seem to lag when smoke grenades are thrown...

I neither lag in forests or in cities....

But I always seem to lag when smoke grenades are thrown...

Dem smoke Nades, I probably won't lag much now that I'm on a proper desktop tho, I used to play DayZ on a laptop :)
  • Like 1

Devblog is coming tomorrow, right?

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

I hope it does or BAD shit will happen :D

• Like 1

Rocket was on twitch with sacriel yesterday and he mentioned he was working on the devblog but he also said he was not sure how much to show because he doesn't want to give away too much to competitors. He also mentioned an animation for handcuffing people, and a new animation blending technique.

• Like 6

He also mentioned an animation for handcuffing people, and a new animation blending technique.

Handcuffs. Fuckin' sweet.

It's not going to be next week (jet lag, etc...). But it's not going to be longer than two months. It will be somewhere in between.

Are they still aiming for that timeframe?

Edited by Elo001

Ten forum dollars says the devblog will be thus... ("blah blah blahs" included for literal filler, not sarcasm)

We apologize for the recent miscommunication... blah blah blah... the milestone meeting was good and we're on track to meet our next milestone... blah blah blah... we want to make the best game possible for you, so we're taking our time with the alpha... blah blah blah... here are some screenshots... blah blah blah... thank you for your continued support.

If I am proven wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised. Don't mean this to deride Rocket's effort, just get a feeling this devblog will be more of the same and/or more PR-y than we're used to.

• Like 3

Ten forum dollars says the devblog will be thus... ("blah blah blahs" included for literal filler, not sarcasm)

We apologize for the recent miscommunication... blah blah blah... the milestone meeting was good and we're on track to meet our next milestone... blah blah blah... we want to make the best game possible for you, so we're taking our time with the alpha... blah blah blah... here are some screenshots... blah blah blah... thank you for your continued support.

If I am proven wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised. Don't mean this to deride Rocket's effort, just get a feeling this devblog will be more of the same and/or more PR-y than we're used to.

Sounds about right, although, Rocket will also need to make another statement that he will fail to deliver on.

Sounds about right, although, Rocket will also need to make another statement that he will fail to deliver on.

Rocket's reasoning for his -actual- miscommunications/missed timeframes has been sound and well communicated (repeatedly), I don't see any point in faulting him for it.

• Like 3