rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

If i have a dirty syringe the world is my oyster.

If i have a dirty syringe the world is my oyster.

Don't inject the oyster and then eat it, you might get HIV.

No idea mate.  I think that's something being worked on further down the road, I might be wrong though.  It's actually one of the things I'm most excited about because if it's even close to the way it was initially described it's something that no other game has ever come close to trying.  I also think it has the potential to be one of the new gameplay aspects that change the way people play DayZ the most.

100% on board with you there man - it's the one thing I scroll through the DevBlogs hoping to read up on!

I know it's something that probably has recieved little attention from the Dev Team as it stands, but I can't wait for it to start getting proper worked on. The potential impact it's gonna make on DayZ gameplay will be phenomenal.

100% on board with you there man - it's the one thing I scroll through the DevBlogs hoping to read up on!

I know it's something that probably has recieved little attention from the Dev Team as it stands, but I can't wait for it to start getting proper worked on. The potential impact it's gonna make on DayZ gameplay will be phenomenal.

Can we get HIV off used syringes?

Can we get HIV off used syringes?

No, but you find such a fate if you bump into Hetstaine in-game...

• Like 1

No, but you find such a fate if you bump into Hetstaine in-game...

Wa... Is that?

Wa... Is that?

A demon of the conciousness.

An evil monster.

A reputable harlot.

• Like 2

A demon of the conciousness.

An evil monster.

A reputable harlot.

KOS kinda thing?

Guys, if you have not noticed, i guess it could mean only one thing when Rocket is answering here in big colums - he actualy has time. Put in other words, things are going well!!! :)

Guys, if you have not noticed, i guess it could mean only one thing when Rocket is answering here in big colums - he actualy has time. Put in other words, things are going well!!! :)

They fixin game breaking bugs last we heard (I think)

In other words they can't currently test stuff they might've done and are waiting to move on.

KOS kinda thing?

Depends on your mood I suppose.

• Like 1

They fixin game breaking bugs last we heard (I think)

In other words they can't currently test stuff they might've done and are waiting to move on.

Last you heard was like two weeks ago :)

• Like 1

I hope it's not holding the release back. I'm perfectly happy with just a M4 for release :)

I don't think it's the new weapon attachment system that push the release further away. :)

I guess any new mechanic could be described as a potential gamebreaker, it all depends on how they go about it.

One thing I'm sure of though is that DayZ needs more depth and more for the player to consider in terms of long term survival.  It's one of the main things missing from the mod IMO.  Currently the actual survival elements of the game are very shallow due to the mod restrictions.

Players that die every hour won't need to worry about it so much but there's many players who love to see how long they can stay alive, for many that was the initial draw of the mod.  I'm sure there are many players that may view it as "too much" but if I'm brutally honest I'm not sure the initial concept of DaYz was aimed at those players anyway.  The thing that made DayZ famous/infamous was the fact that it was a brutally hard survival game.

Personally alpha does not really mean a lot for me.. But after beta, it would indeed be a disappointment for me If I could not spend an hour without facing 3-5 bandits over and over again.. I mean, the world is big, but not that big considering how far a player can go in a few hours.

In mod, I used to move around (forests and kinda generally) for long hours. I generally end up dying to a bandit when I get in the cities, which is something I'd really not like to see in SA for sure. In many server everyone tries to kos no matter what. I hope SA will improve the humanity aspect of the game a lil bit.

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1

Personally alpha does not really mean a lot for me.. But after beta, it would indeed be a disappointment for me If I could not spend an hour without facing 3-5 bandits over and over again.. I mean, the world is big, but not that big considering how far a player can go in a few hours.

In mod, I used to move around (forests and kinda generally) for long hours. I generally end up dying to a bandit when I get in the cities, which is something I'd really not like to see in SA for sure. In many server everyone tries to kos no matter what. I hope SA will improve the humanity aspect of the game a lil bit.

Bandits will always be a part of the game as they would be in a real apocalypse scenario. Sure you can try and give people an incentive to trade or not shoot people without much reason. But there will always be people who kill just to see if they had any loot of worth. 

• Like 2

Bandits will always be a part of the game as they would be in a real apocalypse scenario. Sure you can try and give people an incentive to trade or not shoot people without much reason. But there will always be people who kill just to see if they had any loot of worth. 

I dont like banditary cus everyone in the game (almost) is bandit. In an apocalypse, there would not be that many bandits.. If everyone would be bandit, only 2-3 people would be alive in such a small map (u got what I mean), which is why dying to a bandit is pretty much common in the mod.

• Like 2

In an apocalypse, there would not be that many bandits..

i love how people claim to know how people would react in an apocolypse... 

You need to watch the news more often, seriously.

Take any first world country then:

• take away their electricity
  • take away their shelter
  • take away their food
  • take away their water

Everytime a hurricane, flood, or earthquake hits a populated area, if the people aren't rounded up and fed by their government, they begin fighting among themselves for the essentials.

Now in our scenario:

• There is no government - in any country.
  • There is no salvation
  • There is no hope.

You give humanity too much credit. the only reason we don't kill each other for Tacos, is we're not starving and have the Law to deter us.

IF and WHEN the zombie apocalypse hits, if you think humanity wont turn on itself, then you will be on of those that does not make it.

Edited by Bubbajones
  • Like 9

You give humanity too much credit. the only reason we don't kill each other for Tacos, is we're not starving and have the Law to deter us.

Whilst I agree with you on some of your points, I think that everyone has a social conciousness, and knows the different between morally right and morally wrong. There'd always be a divide between people like that in the instance of an extreme situation; those who do what's right, those who do what's wrong and those who do anything to survive.

• Like 1

Whilst I agree with you on some of your points, I think that everyone has a social conciousness, and knows the different between morally right and morally wrong. There'd always be a divide between people like that in the instance of an extreme situation; those who do what's right, those who do what's wrong and those who do anything to survive.

I-I don't have a social conscience..... ^_^ I just love killing....

• Like 1

I-I don't have a social conscience..... ^_^ I just love killing....

Amen brother!

• Like 2

What I said was based on this game as an apocalypse. It is just simple as hell to understand (imo, dunno if its also so for you).

^That said I claim knowing how people would react in such an apocalypse because I saw/experienced/lived it many and many times and keep living that apocalypse whenever I join to a server.

People tend to die a lot in the mod, generally to a bandit. Think about what would happen if you could not re-spawn when wanted/intended. Guess what? Only a few people would be alive in the apocalypse.

It is not "really" that hard to analyze a simple game that you play a lot.. In a game in which almost all the players play as bandit there would not be a lot of people surviving (as how the case is now) if it would be taken to the reality.

Take that map as the world and your character as yourself. You have only one chance to live. And everyone you would across around is bandit. What would happen ?

Lemme answer, you would probably end up dying to a bandit badly or survive with the few people that survived that long.

Plain and simple my friend.

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1

3rd spawn choice = lawman/woman.

Different skin, to keep the peace, totally different play role but have to loot or patrol to survive still. Discuss.

People will play however the hell they want. That's why it's a sandbox. Take that away and you take away the very essence of what dayz is. If you don't like people not playing by YOUR idea of how it "should" be played then it's just too friggin bad. Wipe up the crocodile tears and go back to playing the sims.

Edited by HazZarD87

3rd spawn choice = lawman/woman.

Different skin, to keep the peace, totally different play role but have to loot or patrol to survive still. Discuss.

Ridiculous and stupid idea...

You need to watch the news more often, seriously.

Take any first world country then:

• take away their electricity
  • take away their shelter
  • take away their food
  • take away their water

Everytime a hurricane, flood, or earthquake hits a populated area, if the people aren't rounded up and fed by their government, they begin fighting among themselves for the essentials.

Now in our scenario:

• There is no government - in any country.
  • There is no salvation
  • There is no hope.

IF and WHEN the zombie apocalypse hits, if you think humanity wont turn on itself, then you will be on of those that does not make it.

Most people would probably go feral. Like that movie the colony lol, and i highly doubt there will be zombies but it might be possible thru rabies or maybe a certain type of parasite?. Anyway the most likely thing that would happen is a nuclear apocalypse...

Edited by UnDeadDemon956