Wayze

Being a spy in DayZ

A time ago I played DayZ on an awesome server. There were vehilces, not to many but it was good. There were weapons, exactly how many you need to let the game be survival.

So I played some time on the server and I knew there was a big group with lots of stuff. One day I was north of electro, near sniper hill. Luckily I had a hero skin by then, because an ural was driving up to me asking me if I need a ride. I said "Sure" and this was the moment I had my first contact with the big group. So we had some adventures on the way and he asked me if I want to join them. Told him my skype ID etc.

We were a really cool group. But from the beginning I was not really a member of the group. I was delivering weapons and cars. It was a real cool system actually. They brought me a car and I searched for weapons and other cars. Everytime I had a decent number of weapons in this car, or found another car I would hide it and tell them the location to pick it up and bring it to the base. Actually at this point I did not know where the base is, I told him he should not tell me so we could be partners.

Back to the system, so if I would die, they would bring me weapons and a car in no time.

This system worked very good and it was real fun. I got ghillie suit and every kind of stuff I needed. Actually I was mostly running with an enfield or AK so I don't lose any good weapons from the team. But at some day the people I played with told me there was a problem. Another big group was attack their base and stealing cars. So I had to get their. We had a really good fight. Luckily we won and we moved the base to another location. A day after the war, all our stuff was gone. They actually find our base and raided it. Well, we had now maybe 2 cars and some weapons.

The other group had 5 helis and many cars. So I had an idea.

I changed my name, took the ghillie suit off so they wouldn't recognise me and then I told my group to kill me. So I respawned and told everyone on the server that actually the group I am working for is a group of hero killers who shot unarmend. I kind of played with my enimies, and luckily it worked. They said they got the same enemy and picked me up. It was actually not easy to locate their base, because they first did not trust me 100%. So we played some days, I actually saw that he was only a person. No evil guy who destroys us. He picked up people at the coast, did all of the shit. He was the leader of the group and I kind of got the person he played with most. I was online often these days so I could build up kind of a friendship. I felt like a freaking soviet spy, because I knew I would just wait for the moment until I know every single coordinates of all the bases.

So when I had these bases, and when all of the group were offline I told my real group where these bases are. We raided everything, but I stayed where the leader logged off. Next day I log in and he tells me everything is gone. I played again with him and said we would have to gear up again. So we kind of grouped up, there were like 6 people highly armend. I told them I knew where a heli was I hid some days ago. So we went there. What they did not know is that my group actually was ambushing there. And actually there was the heli, because my group put it there. They all got together near the heli, I have thrown a grenate and telling them it was just a empty can. So almost everyone died, including me. The rest of them was shot by my group, hiding far away.

This was the moment he realised I was just spying him, betraying him. I felt bad, but it was probably the best experience I ever had in this game. Really intense and awesome. What I did not know up to this point, that these people got their stuff from a hacker. So one day after this, they teleported us all to them and killed us. The hacker was banned, but the war started again.

Well, that's the story of me being a spy. I have to say it was the best way of end game I ever had in dayz. But I am sure some of you got similar expirience. And what do you think about spies? Are they assholes or would you do the same?

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 15

That was a good read  :thumbsup:

But remember to make some spaces in your text. My eyes kinda hurt now  :huh:

That was a good read  :thumbsup:

But remember to make some spaces in your text. My eyes kinda hurt now  :huh:

Ok, tried to make it look a bit better. ^^

• Like 1

I don't have anything to add unfortunately; just commenting on what a good read that was. My dream is for the SA to encourage more non-traditional gameplay and meta-gaming like what you described.

• Like 2

I'm lovin your work, it's like we're long lost Brothers.

is nice story :beans:  I am read 2 time this shit, is first time I am do this  :thumbsup:

idea for spy make me inspire to make some plan B)

in next months I am join some medic clan.  I make new secret name - I don't say 'hey guys, is me KoS from forums, I want join for make murder on you guys' ^_^ I say something like 'hey, I want join you guys because I am sad for play alone :(  to make elektro safe place for bambi guys B)  and have nice time with some dayz friends :rolleyes: '

my plan is too much simple - join this guys, play for real like medic guy, make some trust and after kill every guy but don't say is me, always kill secret way  :ph34r: so medic guys don't know what happen :lol:

when I am discover or get too much boring this shit I make highlight movie for youtube, is call something like 'friendly fire on some medic guys for pure fun' B)

Edited by KoS

Hallo,

Good spy work :) I think real spies after "betrayal point" takes some time off the job to rest, etc :)

But technically all that story is nothing special... Even little artificial... So much time and emotions to

discover some "coords"... Just try to run 2-3 days by woods and you will find all the bases all there ! And if

you have heli then it takes 1 hour ! - all that cars and tents  BURN YOUR EYE with white texture from

incredible distances... Especially that camo-painted-tents are fun to look for from heli :> Arma strikes

again ;)

So actually in DayZ there is no way to do betrayal job becouse there is nothing hidden and realy

unaccesible. You cannot do big betrayal becouse there is no way to create some "society" owning something

and working on kind of "project" or just for their light future. Just bandits everywhere without any plans

or even chances to achive something worth to fight or die for. Player constructed underground bases

or repaired castles could change something.

But then C4 will be a problem. Or maybe it will start to be usefull for something.

And be carefull with introducing meta-gaming "features" - this "improves" gameplay for some and

destroy for many...

And pure "marketing" tricks eg. "This is war!!321BUM" do not create real PURPOSE of doing things. In

Arma military guys work in context of world - they fight for their sides. In DayZ there is no such context. Just

survivors wanting to live longer. And more comfortable too :) To achive some breaking-something actions

like betrayal must be something to "brake" - some socio-technical structure. And it need to be permament

across login times and even days and months.

Good luck and give us that s.a. DayZ ASAP ! ;)

Commander Worf would say "you have no honor, you betrayed your brothers and sisters"! :facepalm:

• Like 1

Hallo,

Good spy work :) I think real spies after "betrayal point" takes some time off the job to rest, etc :)

But technically all that story is nothing special... Even little artificial... So much time and emotions to

discover some "coords"... Just try to run 2-3 days by woods and you will find all the bases all there ! And if

you have heli then it takes 1 hour ! - all that cars and tents  BURN YOUR EYE with white texture from

incredible distances... Especially that camo-painted-tents are fun to look for from heli :> Arma strikes

again ;)

So actually in DayZ there is no way to do betrayal job becouse there is nothing hidden and realy

unaccesible. You cannot do big betrayal becouse there is no way to create some "society" owning something

and working on kind of "project" or just for their light future. Just bandits everywhere without any plans

or even chances to achive something worth to fight or die for. Player constructed underground bases

or repaired castles could change something.

But then C4 will be a problem. Or maybe it will start to be usefull for something.

And be carefull with introducing meta-gaming "features" - this "improves" gameplay for some and

destroy for many...

And pure "marketing" tricks eg. "This is war!!321BUM" do not create real PURPOSE of doing things. In

Arma military guys work in context of world - they fight for their sides. In DayZ there is no such context. Just

survivors wanting to live longer. And more comfortable too :) To achive some breaking-something actions

like betrayal must be something to "brake" - some socio-technical structure. And it need to be permament

across login times and even days and months.

Good luck and give us that s.a. DayZ ASAP ! ;)

Betrayal means to turn against someone who trusts you.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 2

Betrayal means to turn against someone who trusts you.

..to gain some items/resources/territories/etc. Usually.

..to gain some items/resources/territories/etc. Usually.

Yes, the motivation is pretty much unimportant though. The betrayed guy decides if he feels betrayed or not.

when I am discover or get too much boring this shit I make highlight movie for youtube, is call something like 'friendly fire on some medic guys for pure fun' B)

when done put link here or let me know It's ready 

when done put link here or let me know It's ready 

yes, Is begin soon :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I got some other stories. I thought about making a comic or something, just for fun. ^^