rocket

IMPORTANT: Tents will be wiped in update 1.7.1.5

If only I can get off the coast and those zombies with sixth-sense let me . . .

IMPORTANT: Will tents which are in inventory also be wiped? (not pitched up)

IMPORTANT: Will tents which are in inventory also be wiped? (not pitched up)

No tents not pitched will not be deleted.

Thank you Rocket for the advanced notice and keep up the good work, really enjoying the mod!

Wow... after weeks of work, collecting guns, food, drinks, everything, storing in my tent/cars I get this. First, I lost all the cars I had in the first update, didn't really bother me, since all the good stuff I have are in my tents, now the tents are getting wiped? Seriously.. makes me wanna stop playing this and think about the 30$ I wasted.

Wow... after weeks of work' date=' collecting guns, food, drinks, everything, storing in my tent/cars I get this. First, I lost all the cars I had in the first update, didn't really bother me, since all the good stuff I have are in my tents, now the tents are getting wiped? Seriously.. makes me wanna stop playing this and think about the 30$ I wasted.

[/quote']

That $30 bought you Arma 2. Go play it! The mod is free, and you are testing it.

Wow... after weeks of work' date=' collecting guns, food, drinks, everything, storing in my tent/cars I get this. First, I lost all the cars I had in the first update, didn't really bother me, since all the good stuff I have are in my tents, now the tents are getting wiped? Seriously.. makes me wanna stop playing this and think about the 30$ I wasted.

[/quote']

read: This is an alpha[/]... u were aware of this when you "wasted" you 30 bucks... Alpha means that everything can change.

If you are not up to it, please relax, stop playing and come back when DayZ goes Beta/RC.

[/quote']

Mmmmmm, tears.

gotta love those comments

@woah, the guy who called me a retarded deleted his post, how tough... :l

[/quote']

who told you to set a tentcity outside of map. you can hoard stuff at your home too you know save 30 bucks next time.

couldnt care less about the 30 bucks, it was just the moment i thought and realized all the stuff i have, which you guys dont know what is and i've worked for it on my own, so.. it's not that easy, eh? no need for such comments i got though, really unnecessary

couldnt care less about the 30 bucks' date=' it was just the moment i thought and realized all the stuff i have, which you guys dont know what is and i've worked for it on my own, so.. it's not that easy, eh? no need for such comments i got thought, really unnecessary

[/quote']

When you play a beta of, let's say, MMO do you complain that your stuff is not transferred to a full release? This is ALPHA. One moment you guns could be firing sheep and it'll be normal. The other moment somebody would be able to set up a tent on your head. Still normal.

If you don't like it you can just wait for beta. Or, even better, full release.

I only keep gear in my tent that I'm willing to lose, so no biggie.

I think it should be limited to one tent per player. Place another tent and lose the previous one, with everything in it.

I can't wait for a full tent overhaul, though, to see how much more I can put in before it starts launching items out.

Tents should be deleted when the character who placed them dies.

They should also have a coordinates check when trying to place one and anything outside of the check should return a hint "Can not place tent in hoarders land, try again bumpkin".

I disagree about tents being deleted when you die. It is just a nice thing you can have for persistence after you die. Since the tent can be looted it doesn't seem OP to me.

If they are worried about people placing stuff off map and bypassing tent and vehicle looting they should turn the map into an island.

Once a server updates to 1.7.1.5, is it safe to place tents again?

im confused as to why there arent just invisible walls along the outside of the map..

Because it would be pretty annoying to fly your chopper smack bang in to one. Or drive you car in to one for that matter. Also invisible walls are the height of immersion killing. Better a 60 second warning, and start loosing health after 60 seconds, or get destroyed by mortars, or swamped by too many zombies to kill.

Eventually they should put up a huge retaining wall, like a quarantine wall. Topped with razor wire and active automated SAM batteries.

Beyond the wall a wasteland of scorched earth, radiation, and a limitless zombie horde.

They should also have a coordinates check when trying to place one and anything outside of the check should return a hint "Can not place tent in hoarders land' date=' try again bumpkin".

[/quote']

me likey

Eventually they should put up a huge retaining wall' date=' like a quarantine wall. Topped with razor wire and active automated SAM batteries.

Beyond the wall a wasteland of scorched earth, radiation, and a limitless zombie horde.

[/quote']

yes i agree with this, even if they just spawn a horde of around 10-20 zeds aound you that you cant kill and despawn when you die.

Do tents get wiped when a server updates' date=' or will it be a large manual wipe by the dev team?

[/quote']

An excellent question! I wish I could find an answer...