BookBurning

More antiquated yet effective weapons.

Since Chenarus is Russian in nature and Russia was part of the U.S.S.R of the past and hence supported China for quite some time.  (Do you see what I'm getting at?)

I think we have the option in standalone to release alot of cool weapons that are historically accurate to fit this 'area' so to say.   But really...

I just want a Mosin Nagant in the game, thanks.

-Book.

Edited by BookBurning
  • Like 1

I too think there should be a wider and more accurate array pf guns in the SA and a mosin natat sounds great even though that is in more of a world war era it would be nice to see it as a rare spawning gun in barns etc.

The mod needs a Mosin as well... they should get someone working on it.

• Like 1

Agreed with both.    The concept of old, effective rare and above weapons that have the potential to spawn out of military areas sounds nice, along with this I think there's potential to add variations on some of the older weapons as well.  A scoped Lee Enfield that is a rare spawn, Scoped Mosin, things of that nature.  (Both would make good sniper rifles, the Mosin has been used as such.)  And as the SMG section is lacking in vanilla Dayz, we could add some in here as well.  A PPD, things like that.

I'm a sucker for old weapons and really my want comes down to wanting the option to use something from the past, yet something that is still a rare, good weapon.

Edited by BookBurning

I thought Mosin Nagants were pretty much already confirmed for standalone?  From my understanding you'll find just a regular Mosin, find a scope and mount for it, and combine the two to get a mosin with a scope.  Or you could combine the same scope and mount to a Lee, or the same scope to an AK, ect.

Much as I would like to strut down the Streets of Chenro with a Thompson (M1921 or M1A2) or a Grande and a Fedora, I'd settle for an PPSh or SKS.  (while I doubt they'ed add things like MP40s and K98s, They did kinda get sold everywhere on blackmarkets after the war)

Off topic, I find it somewhat strange that Book Burning (something the nazis did, though they weren't the first and definitely wont be the last to partake in the activity), a guy with a Nazi for his Avatar and a Grammar Nazi were the first three posts.

Since everything else was banned, the go to weapons are DMR and M14. Most players on my server don't bother with anything else unless they're starting on the coast again.

Mosin Nagant would be cool, DayZ needs more snipers IMO.

Since everything else was banned, the go to weapons are DMR and M14. Most players on my server don't bother with anything else unless they're starting on the coast again.

Ban those too :lol:

I thought Mosin Nagants were pretty much already confirmed for standalone?  From my understanding you'll find just a regular Mosin, find a scope and mount for it, and combine the two to get a mosin with a scope.  Or you could combine the same scope and mount to a Lee, or the same scope to an AK, ect.

Much as I would like to strut down the Streets of Chenro with a Thompson (M1921 or M1A2) or a Grande and a Fedora, I'd settle for an PPSh or SKS.  (while I doubt they'ed add things like MP40s and K98s, They did kinda get sold everywhere on blackmarkets after the war)

Off topic, I find it somewhat strange that Book Burning (something the nazis did, though they weren't the first and definitely wont be the last to partake in the activity), a guy with a Nazi for his Avatar and a Grammar Nazi were the first three posts.

Uhmmmm....

Sie sah nichts, überhaupt nichts

I don't know if you saw all the SA screenshots but in one there was a guy hiding by a signpost with a scoped mauser kar 98, i know it is not a russian weapon, just saying.

I don't know if you saw all the SA screenshots but in one there was a guy hiding by a signpost with a scoped mauser kar 98, i know it is not a russian weapon, just saying.

Looks unscoped to me, and it's a full-length Mauser, not the K98K. I hope most of the weapons are along these lines, "no advanced weapons", etc...

e3Lon9q.png

Assault rifles? Pffft, who needs them. That reminds me, I hope they fix the damages a bit... right now full-sized rifle cartridges are king, there shouldn't be such a massive difference. Most any bullet should be quite deadly.

Looks unscoped to me, and it's a full-length Mauser, not the K98K. I hope most of the weapons are along these lines, "no advanced weapons", etc...

e3Lon9q.png

Assault rifles? Pffft, who needs them. That reminds me, I hope they fix the damages a bit... right now full-sized rifle cartridges are king, there shouldn't be such a massive difference. Most any bullet should be quite deadly.

Repeating rifles ftw!!! There is nothing more reliable...ok the AK is also reliable. But compared to modern rifles with a thousand moving parts and fancy 1337 scopes that need batteries there is not much that can break on such a rifle.

What do you mean by full sized rifle cartridge? You mean the difference between an intermediate and a full sized rifle round? Of course there should be a difference since the full sizes cartridge is much stronger along with the recoil.

Edited by Enforcer

What do you mean by full sized rifle cartridge? You mean the difference between an intermediate and a full sized rifle round? Of course there should be a difference since the full sizes cartridge is much stronger along with the recoil.

Yes, that's what I mean.

Of course the full-sized cartridge is more powerful but the mod greatly exaggerates the differences between all the cartridges. An AK-74 should be much more effective than an old Lee-Enfield, right now it's generally not. The damages should be closer together... think about it, a 5.45 is only 1/3 as effective as a 7.62. That's ridiculous.

Another example is how pistols have been ridiculously weak in DayZ.

e3Lon9q.png

Mosin Nagant already confirmed (nothing about which model). As far as the picture, I can't tell for sure, but that could also be a Mosin. I know what they look like as I've shot a 91/30 in real life. Edited by TacticalN29

The front barrel band gives it away as well as the unhooded front sight.

The front barrel band gives it away as well as the unhooded front sight.

Ah. You're not wrong. Haha! That's interesting though considering they didn't confirm any Mausers. Someone mentioned scopes on the Mosin. They did manufacture some with scopes on them, but they were only 4x scopes. The one of the Mosin's I shot has a variable strength, long eye relief pistol scope. That took a couple tools to afix to the rifle, but it was not very difficult. Edited by TacticalN29

Incorporating some kind of one use weapons into they game may be an intersting little machanic such as glass bottles or pieces of wood like tree branches that could be found easily but break after one or two swings.

Incorporating some kind of one use weapons into they game may be an intersting little machanic such as glass bottles or pieces of wood like tree branches that could be found easily but break after one or two swings.

Not quite what the OP was talking about but yeah, still sounds like a good idea.  Most glass bottles are actually fairly hard to break, though Im sure if you swing a JD bottle hard enough it'll break over someone's head, maybe breaking their head in the process.  A thin stick could be used as a stabbing weapon, or a thicker one used as a club.

Vz something scorpion is "the authentic" gun for the east europe+balkans

In Yugoslavia mp5 is way more common than uzi

That said, Imo all should be in the game, with law spawn rates, just so the characters would be even more unique, to hell with authenticity ;)

Also Chenarus is based on the Czech Republic. Just pointing that out...

e3Lon9q.png

I thought it was scoped, i have seen that kind of rifle before, i never saw the image close up so i thought it was a