Fionny

Is anyone friendly anymore?

Hey,

In my modest opinion you can trust random players, as long as you don't mind getting killed !

I'm not playing since long, but as far as i can tell, many players just don't agree with their own playstyle.. I've seen rage bandits ( fucking pussy why u killed me?!? -Maybe cause you killed Three guys in that factory and now I want the loot? )

And bitchy newcomers ( They all shoot on me, now i'm going to kill on sight ! that will teatch em! -No, that might just get another player mad, but it's okay enjoy yourself )

I think you just have to get on with this.. you WILL die, and if you play alone, you will die OFTEN.

Ah, and last thing ; Trust is your own decision, if somone you choosed to trust killed you, it's because you made a mistake, not him. Trust IS a mistake.

You decide to trust or not, but always think about this :" is looting me more worthwhile for him than gimme a hug? "

And even if you are unarmed, and friendly, that just makes you an easy target.

I'm no bandit, but i don't mind kill & getting killed.

Last night on Dallas 50, our crew was raiding Cherno and Electro-about 8-10 guys and a vehicle. Very heavily armed (.50 sniper rifles, an M240 and so on). Ran into, and killed, a good half dozen moderately well armed players.

So what you say?

Well, some poor newb, fresh off the beach, comes in. And you know what? We let him live. Told him where we'd left less primo gear (e.g. "go to the fire house, there's a shotgun there") and wished him luck.

Our general philosophy--given that we all have to start at 0 all the time--is to not kill unarmed players. No challenge, no fun, no profit. Just mindless shooting of the Beach Boys deadens the game, when compared to stalking another sniper or taking on another looting team.

Last night on Dallas 50' date=' our crew was raiding Cherno and Electro-about 8-10 guys and a vehicle. Very heavily armed (.50 sniper rifles, an M240 and so on). Ran into, and killed, a good half dozen moderately well armed players.

So what you say?

Well, some poor newb, fresh off the beach, comes in. And you know what? We let him live. Told him where we'd left less primo gear (e.g. "go to the fire house, there's a shotgun there") and wished him luck.

Our general philosophy--given that we all have to start at 0 all the time--is to not kill unarmed players. No challenge, no fun, no profit. Just mindless shooting of the Beach Boys deadens the game, when compared to stalking another sniper or taking on another looting team.

[/quote']

Got a vid or st?

Just seems like the whole trust aspect has now gone' date=' because it's all about getting shot on sight, even people that used to be trusting have just given up on it now and have had to start shooting people down because they're scared that the other person is going to do exactly the same to them.

I do feel the need for the pvp otherwise it'd be pretty dull not having to think about whether you can trust this player you've just met, and the buzz you get from making that decision really seperates this mod from anything else I've played, but I fear that its totally gone now

[/quote']

Hi, i knew what you mean and i have a movie in my mind "Mr. Brooks"

some info about it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/

Good point.. but then that player you just left alone and told where to arm himself may be your undoing at some point in time, shotgun shell to the head aint nice lol

On topic.. I am a friendly in cherno, electro and other such spawning locale.. its nice to meet you all, please don't shoot me on sight even if I am armed, I only ever shoot when shot at. Oh shit yeah you don't know who I am cuz we all look the same, oh well.. mighty good job we don't have to attain lives (1ups) like in mario games.. I'd be clean out by now haha

Last night on Dallas 50' date=' our crew was raiding Cherno and Electro-about 8-10 guys and a vehicle. Very heavily armed (.50 sniper rifles, an M240 and so on). Ran into, and killed, a good half dozen moderately well armed players.

So what you say?

[/quote']

I've got so much time for this way of playing

Just seems like the whole trust aspect has now gone' date=' because it's all about getting shot on sight, even people that used to be trusting have just given up on it now and have had to start shooting people down because they're scared that the other person is going to do exactly the same to them.

I do feel the need for the pvp otherwise it'd be pretty dull not having to think about whether you can trust this player you've just met, and the buzz you get from making that decision really seperates this mod from anything else I've played, but I fear that its totally gone now

[/quote']

Hi, i knew what you mean and i have a movie in my mind "Mr. Brooks"

some info about it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/

Looks like an interesting film :D might check it out

Good point.. but then that player you just left alone and told where to arm himself may be your undoing at some point in time' date=' shotgun shell to the head aint nice lol

On topic.. I am a friendly in cherno, electro and other such spawning locale.. its nice to meet you all, please don't shoot me on sight even if I am armed, I only ever shoot when shot at. Oh shit yeah you don't know who I am cuz we all look the same, oh well.. mighty good job we don't have to attain lives (1ups) like in mario games.. I'd be clean out by now haha

[/quote']

True, and the crew had a debate on TS about that very subject. From "I've not murdered anyone in 2 minutes" on one extreme to "lets give him one of our extra guns from the truck" on the other. The decision was "dude go that way, don't come back. If you do, you are dead."

Meh. Its a game, we made some guys night. Might end up like Saving Private Ryan's last 10 minutes at some point, but that is the name of the game. Made us feel good for a bit.

So what you say?

[/quote']

Got a vid or st?

sadly, no. We have a lot of doing nothing--you know how that is--but somehow always forget to do a vid when we are doing something cool.

Heard some dudes talking on the other side of a wall. I was armed and we chatted a little over the wall, then all 5 of them came through the gap. They didn't shoot me and I didn't shoot them. Seemed like nice folks. Too bad they were in Cherno.

Just curious does is anyone friendly any more? I don't think ive come across a player who is friendly since I started playing... everyone just blasts immediately and its getting a bit old...

Its like a self fullfilling prophecy now because if you hesitate to see if someone is friendly you will likely be killed so you have to shoot first and wonder after... and if that player you just killed WAS friendly then they now need to adopt the shoot first attitude until nobody will even consider playing nice any more.

I understand this is a mechanic of the game but I also understand its not how it was supposed to be.

I feel the same way. I've tried being friendly with people and have come across a few that are and only because they've just respawned and are looking for supplies, but the majority just shoot first.

I can't even begin to count how many times I've died by some one just shooting me when I try to talk to them. Due to that I'm wary of people and have also adapted the shoot first mentality because of that. Which I'm sure most people have as well.

The only servers I've had more deaths from zeds than people are the ones that still had side channels since people can actually talk to each other. Aside from that, people just shoot to kill on sight. So my time is spent mostly in the smaller towns and the country side.

how can we communicate without side-channel? does direct communication work? nobody ever answers me on direct but shoot me :( so i don't know if it even works

And this is why I've created a group for a friendly interaction. Unless you shoot at us... We're going to question why if you stop. :V Otherwise I'm going to shoot you right back. Only fair.

how can we communicate without side-channel? does direct communication work? nobody ever answers me on direct but shoot me :( so i don't know if it even works

In the beta client Direct comm works just fine.

The only thing bad about direct channel is if there is some douche around you and he hears your convo you're pretty much a talking target. That happened to me too last night when I met some one and we were talking about what we were going to do.

Right when my new friend climbs down and I'm on top covering him, I get sniped and he was shortly after. That's the only thing I hate about direct channel. In side channel you can't tell where some one is.

OK so I know I'm going to cop a lot of hate for this and I know no one will want anything to do with me.

Early on I adapted the play style of "Crazed Maniac" so I hunt people for sports (occasionally looting their bodys) I like being able to make some-one's day shitty by waiting for them to get good equipment at the airfield and then take a shot at them. It may seem kinda CoD kiddy to most of you but I find it fun.

And your beans taste very nice btw.

I'm friendly.

While I have no problem defending myself, I never cared for PvP in games.

I recognize its a big part of this mod, so, obviously, if someone kills me, I'm not going to come here and complain about it. I choose to play, I knew the stakes. Regardless, I kind of get the sense this mod was intended as a, at least some what, roleplay based mod. As such, I suppose I'd think as my character does. This, of course, works both ways (see crazy maniac man above me :P btw I like the concept, even if it kills me) The majority of people though, aren't going around killing for sport, or even contemplate murder on a regular basis.

Regardless, if I see a player, I likely going to avoid him. If thats not possible, I'll kill him if he tries to kill me. If he kills me, I'll be frustrated, but, its a game, and, as I said, I knew what was at stake when I decided to play.

Finally, I'm always willing to team up with people. Feel free to PM me for contact info.

I'm still friendly, but I'm at the point where if I'm surprised by someone I won't hesitate to fire first and ask questions later. Otherwise I still just steer clear of people I spot at a distance, or if I think someone is in an area I'll avoid the area.

we need bandit skin back , so friendly player would have less fear if they see survivor skin , i know it s not realistic but need some balance .

sorry for english

Oh God' date=' please tell me you're joking.

If you aren't, let me know so I can stop holding in my laughter.

[/quote']

Do you just make a living from being a monumental jerk on these forums? Every thread I've seen you post in has at some point included you making fun of or trolling another person? Who the hell do you think you are?

Naaah. I make a living doing other things, this is just a hobby.

Me? I'm a guy who loves to laugh at stupid people. Like now! You're hilarious.

This is crazy but, let's be friends. So I can shoot you in the head later, maybe.

Why has action not been taken against this guy on this forum? He's pretty obviously an aggressive troll.

A wise man once said:

Do unto others as they would do unto you' date=' just do it first.

[/quote']

that wise man is Confucius. born in 551 BC, China

Well, I assumed that shooting people you met was just how you said hello and all that, since everyone else did it to me. Like, a greeting. So that's just how I've been saying hello! D: I didn't know this was bad!

I think thats a big problem in the later game. Noone trust on an other and befor starting again with nothing and houres of play lost, you have to shoot. The game could be so nice but the bandit raising is no more fun anymore....

It seems that if, God forbid, something like this happens in real life, after some time when all the confusion and horror of new situation dulls down, and people realize there is no more government, no more police and therefore no more consequences, and death is cheap and awaits beyond every corner, this is exactly what would be happening in real life.

An asshole with a gun murdering and raping anything that moves, just because he can.

What is this drive that haunts us, and gets adrenaline pumping when we hunt another human being? Doesn't matter if its virtual or not. Why do we get our jollies off, when we have another person in the iron sights, and squeeze that trigger to see that red puff and him dropping down?

I'm saying this, because I felt it too. Its that predatory instinct of stalking your pray, and then moving in for a kill.

A consequence of death you say? You die, that's it, no respawn, no new character. Well, when your life is in danger every minute, what difference does it make if you are eaten by a zombie, you starve to death, or you brake your leg and slowly die somewhere in the forest?

When life is cheap, nobody will bargain for it, unless they don't want to waste a bullet on you.

We are still on the evolutionary step of predatory animals, with just fancy fangs and claws. Love will not save this world, you are all witnesses to that. One might save a dog from the burning building, but there are five others waiting in line to kick that same dog, to death.

This mod is not just a game, this is a social experiment. No pass or fail, no right or wrong, but just simply looking in a mirror at ourselves.