Fionny

Is anyone friendly anymore?

I am only friendly to randoms when I know I don't have much to lose. I did, for example, group up with a couple of guys yesterday, a few minutes after spawning. All I had at the time was a G17 with a couple of mags.

But, I couldn't consider myself friendly, at the moment. I've gained a DMR and an M4, none of which I want to lose. I don't take any chanses with people. For example, I saw a group of three persons in Stary, today. I took them out from a distance with my DMR, as I had plans to loot the city, and did not want to risk getting shot in the process.

So, in short, I am always friendly upon spawning, but I tend to become more of a bandit, when getting hold of some good gear.

Well I'm friendly, but that hasn't worked out too well for me recently. I've been playing for a week and so far up until yesterday and today everything was going good. Recently, I've been killed by other people even when I say I'm friendly. It kind of sucks too because just today I got shot in the head right when I logged on. I haven't killed anyone and I'm trying to be friendly but as of now I think I'm just going to shoot people before they can shoot me.

I just got killed up north, lost all my fancy SD gear and all that. (Decided not to shoot someone I easily could have, but rather just leave and run away, and in a matter of seconds after trying to do that, got shot by his mates that were lurking around). But I didn't care one bit. I was totally bored anyway. I was interested to get back to the coast to see how this no weapon at start thing had affected the game.

Well, as far as I could tell, very little. The only difference was, that now I met a few "friendly" people. They were effectively friendly by the lack of weapon. When I had a makarov, and they had nothing, or only the hatchet, they certainly didn't try to shoot me - simply because they couldn't.

But... Lets face it... All the people I met that already had weapons certainly were not friendly. ("met" in the sense that they just shot me in the back with no questions asked).

So, it seems to be business as usual. The bean wars are still going on at cherno and elektro, but just a little bit more quiet than it used to be.

So.. No, there still are no friendlies around really as far as I can tell. Up north you got the well equipped bandit groups and lone wolves who'll defend their gear at any cost and hunt others to relieve their boredom. Down south you got the rest. Might just as well join the south coast bean wars again. At least now it will be so much easier to massacre people when a lot of them have no weapons. :P

I'm friendly. (Azrael in game) I have never killed another player not even in self defense. I tend to lag a lot and it's makes me motion sick to spin round and try to defend myself, so it's pointless. I die, they get my stuff- usually not very good stuff- and I start over. Hey, whatever floats their tiny little boats, you know?

I always say hi to anyone close and ask if they need anything and supply what I can. I've not been shot for it yet. Maybe because it's a woman's voice they hear. I sound motherly I guess.

My husband and I always join servers together, Azrael and Will. I'm usually the one running like a lunatic across the map to get to him cause he's stuck on a roof and I die trying to save him. :rolleyes: A woman's work is never done!

I've heard reports of friendly people being sighted, but like Bigfoot I fear they are just DayZ urban legends.

Personally, I saw a guy the other day who didn't see me and was heading in the opposite direction so I chose to let him live. I suppose that makes me friendly?

If you see someone, give them a salute, the best way to find friends in the game, is to be the friendly one, tell them through direct chat where you are and your saluting. probably 80% of the time the person wont shoot you, and probably 50% that person will team up with you.

I won't be kiss your ass friendly but I'll take you along for the ride. Until I get bored. Then I'll blow your brains out and take whatever you have on you.

It's a survival game, not a circle jerk simulator.

Just today I came across 4 different people that tagged along with me for a few minutes in Elektro, 1 of them had no weapons other than a frag grenade and another only had an axe, one in fact I shot at while at the top of a firestation thinking he was a zombie and luckily I missed.

Had I of had better gear at the time I don't know if they would of been as friendly. Me, personally try not to kill anyone unless it's in self defense. Only one time I have killed someone out of panic and paranoia.

I'm only friendly If the person in question is not a threat. Also if he or she has signifigantly more firepower than me, which only happens if I just respawned. Hell, I have nothing to lose, so I might as well take a chance.

I have only been playing for a few weeks now but have found that now players spawn without a weapon they are starting to almost beg not to be chat in voice chat.

My friend that I group with and me were discussing this earlier and are both in agreement that they would shoot you if they had a weapon.

Since the 1.7.1.5 patch everyone was saying don't shoot who was unarmed, then as soon as we come across players that can fight back they shoot on sight. 4 players rushed the building we were in earlier and tried to take us - seemed to be one group of 2 and two solo players shortly after.

A while later I was scavenging and came across another unarmed player. He kept saying "we're cool" in voice chat and I couldn't bring myself to kill him.

Personally I find fighting other players the most interesting part of the game and although I won't go out of my way to grief players in any game it is very difficult to differentiate in this mod.

I can't say I trust players I have spared to not shoot me in the back the second they find a gun.

I won't be kiss your ass friendly but I'll take you along for the ride. Until I get bored. Then I'll blow your brains out and take whatever you have on you.

It's a survival game' date=' not a circle jerk simulator.

[/quote']

I wish you were covered in the blood of everyone you've killed, you POS

anyway, I'm still friendly, I hardly even want to play anymore because now that you don't get hungry or thirsty while offline, I have no reason to risk any of my gear. well that and majority of the community are just a bunch of cunts who only enjoy killing because it means the other player has to start fresh, I wish some admins would go rouge and "silently" kill anyone on their server with low humanity

Quite frankly I wish there was a way to tell who is a dick and who isn't so I can go on a dick killing spree and make their game experience unenjoyable. I love how assholes want nice players to adapt to everyone being dicks but don't want any changes to where they have to adapt from becoming kill on sight or hunted down.

Am I friendly? Nope. Why would I? 75% of every person I've laid eyes on has tried to kill me. I was just recently chased down the coast and into cherno by a fresh spawn who just got a hachet. So yeah, I will and always have shot on sight anyone I've ever seen. It's just not worth it to even try to nice any more.

It's a survival game' date=' not a circle jerk simulator.

[/quote']

I wish you were covered in the blood of everyone you've killed

God that would be great. I'd probably even get a nickname.

Krimson Killer or lolipwntrustingidiots.

Reasonably speaking the best way to encourage friendly behaviour amongst strangers would be to offer some sort of incentive.

Certainly it would lean away from realism having something along the lines of a group based buff but it would perhaps stem the tide of player killing which some players do not like.

It isn't really something I would be interested in, but realistically people tend to enjoy games when they have a chance to either win or beat other players.

I've seen more friendlies since 1.7.1 cycle.

I'm always friendly when I am a fairly new spawn unless you point a gun in my face. I've not much to lose. Had some great fun helping others out. I won't shoot someone unarmed, that's just not fun at all for me.

But once I have invested some time into a character I become paranoid and survival instincts kick in. Basically shoot on sight, unless someone is an obvious non-threat (i.e. heading out of my area). I also don't go out of the way to chase people down... If I have a way out of a gunfight I take it (unless its a sniper/bandit in which case I throw caution to the wind and do everything I can to take them out).

I think there are lots like me.

Am I friendly?... Well, I haven't killed anyone yet. That being said, most of my deaths are from cunts I didn't even see before they shot me. And most of my spawns follow up with me using both the starting bandages and painkillers because I got shot while sprinting for the forests.

I would probably try to waste anyone I saw while I have a gun because, frankly, I don't trust anyone in this whole game.

I used to try calling out that I was friendly, before I would enter an area.. hell, I've even bandaged up players I found bleeding to death and in one case even gave the guy a blood transfusion.. then blam. Shot in the back, every. single. time... :(

Lately I just avoid people at all costs. I don't care if they are friendly or not at this point.. people are just too shady to trust.

On a side note, yesterday I made it all the way from Pavlovo to the northern airfield. As soon as I got into one of the barrack buildings, I was ambushed by (I think) at least 6 dudes, without even being given the chance to say I was friendly.. it sucked. :(

I am no longer friendly since 1.6. If I see you, I will shoot first.

And I used to be the person with a keybind to say "I am friendly". Not anymore.

Everyone i see is friendly and im friendly back. i had my first non friendly experience today but i survived so its all good. But ive been able to work with everyone else or just walk past each other without problems.

A guy fell off a roof, so I bandaged him. He had no med supplies, so figuring that since he didn't shoot me already, I said I would go get him some.

On the way to the hospital, I met two more survivors. Both were friendly, but we quickly went our separate ways. I had a job to do.

I reached the hospital, went through two whole clips? of 1886 rounds, and got a good haul from the hospital, all the while while being almost mauled by zed. 2 blood bags, 2 morphine, 3 bandages, and 4 painkillers. I was set for meds.

So I set out, and figured I needed to get the fuck out of dodge, so I sprinted out, and was JUST on the border of the town, I could see where the firestation was, when I got shot.

One shot. In the back. And I went down, unconscious while the zombies ate me and some total ASSHOLE laughed his ass off at me.

Fuck you bro. I was doing the right thing.

And get this. The fucker never even looted my body. The zombies were still crowded around me LONG after I heard his footsteps dwindle away.

This is what I get for HELPING someone with 2k blood, and broken bones?

I find a jeep.... driving the jeep I see a guy running and dying from Zombies. I save him. I tell him im going to pick up my friends and I'll shoot him if he tries anything. No problem. He seem's alright so I decide to go pick his friend up. I see his friend.... no big deal, I pull over to pick him up BAM His other friend opens fire and hits me. LOL. I nearly die, Fall out with broken legs, hop back in the jeep drive maybe a quarter mile, Bandage under gunfire, hop back in drive for say 2 miles shoot some animal's, eat a bit. I get back to mostly full blood and meet up with two of my Friends, Luke and Dave. We find fuel, Gas up and head off to the woods. I see another player. I give that player a chance "Dont move or I'll shoot. Im friendly." I Immediately see the player looking for me "Fuck you" I thought and opened fire. They tried to DC But to late. I See ANOTHER Player, she's running. "STOP Running or I'll kill you. Im here to help you." She doesn't stop. I kill her. ALL this after luke and I got pinned in Berenzino. Luke died. We were in apt buildings and a Z Aggro'd..... no biggy. Took the shot with a Winchester. The ammount of zombies that preceded was astronomical, glitching into the building, glitching us through walls..... wow. I Survived it all with 2k blood. Got out of town found the jeep. WHat a night. I Love DayZ and FAIL ASSSSS FUCKING BANDITS LOLOLOLOL on US Hardcore 1 btw.