jianu81

Choking persons from the back!

great idea i always wanted to be able to take my hat off and use it to strangle a sniper

are you people stupid?

making them unconscious after getting hit on the head?

yeah its realistic, but would you really just sit there in front of your screen and wait for minutes until you get to play again?

THINK PEOPLE. 

Edited by CaptainBingo

are you people stupid?

yeah its realistic, but would you really just sit there in front of your screen and wait for minutes until you get to play again?

THINK PEOPLE. 

What? It already happens..

also, it's not impossible to get sneak behind someone in 3rd person view,

look at darksouls.

are you people stupid?

THINK PEOPLE.

I would, i'd be excited to see what happened afterwards.

also, it's not impossible to get sneak behind someone in 3rd person view,

look at darksouls.

There are exceptions although i must have met a lot of them...using 3P and still not aware of their surroundings...

are you people stupid?

THINK PEOPLE. 

It already happens. Why wouldn't you wait? If you quit, you lose your gear and your progress. But if someone has knocked you unconscious, it means that the player plans to do more with you than simply kill you. So why not try to stay alive for as long as possible and maybe even survive the interaction? That's the kind of emergent gameplay that I enjoy about DayZ, which is why I participate in it.

Think of it - if I see another player in the woods, and I think he might be friendly, and maybe I want to team up - then instead of killing him, I'll knock him unconscious, take his weapon, and now with the advantage and the good intentions (or bad, as I see fit) I can begin to try to form a cooperative partnership with that person. Maybe in the end he would be better off for being knocked unconscious. Right now we have a false dilemma in the game of either A: leave the person alive and under their own free will at all times, or B: kill that person. You could try to obtain compliance, but that rarely happens, since it is a living being's nature to be insolent. My point is that giving players more physical options than just killing other players is one excellent way of reducing the indiscriminate kill on sight mentality that most people play the game with.

No need to start calling people names for a feature that already exists in the game. lol. Relax buddy.

My point is that giving players more physical options than just killing other players is one excellent way of reducing the indiscriminate kill on sight mentality that most people play the game with.

What's there to do?

a: Shoot the player and loot him.

b: Knock the player out. Talk to him when he wakes up.

Either way it's a hostile act and neither one will make him cooperate with you.

c: try to talk to the player and catch a bullet the moment he notices you.

d: try to talk to the player and team up wth him and catch a bullet the moment you let your guard down.

e: try to talk to the player and team up and find a new friend.

Edited by Enforcer

What's there to do?

a: Shoot the player and loot him.

b: Knock the player out. Talk to him when he wakes up.

Either way it's a hostile act and neither one will make him cooperate with you.

c: try to talk to the player and catch a bullet the moment he notices you.

d: try to talk to the player and team up wth him and catch a bullet the moment you let your guard down.

e: try to talk to the player and team up and find a new friend.

Or the new one

F: Choke the player take his weapon and tell him you need something from the town, if he goes down and gets it, he can have his weapon back. Since weapons in standalone and ammo are supposed to be ALOT rarer (as far as i know) it might make him do it cause he wants his rifle back

are you people stupid?

THINK PEOPLE. 

What are you talking about It does happen you craZy internet person ^_^

Or the new one

F: Choke the player take his weapon and tell him you need something from the town, if he goes down and gets it, he can have his weapon back. Since weapons in standalone and ammo are supposed to be ALOT rarer (as far as i know) it might make him do it cause he wants his rifle back

That would be b and you won't survive it if you give him back his weapon...

Maybe not killing but maybe some kind of an attack from behind that maybe just knocks players unconcious so you could just loot them and get away before they wake up.

I don't think anyone will let you choke them in silence.

Realistically you're gonna take a knife to the belly.

Not with Piano wire.

:murder:

Edited by LancerG2