rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

You have a point if Rockets unable to fix the random bone breaking(Probably not) then maybe there does need to be some kind of change' date=' maybe a splint with wood? I don't know, just anything but the timer, it's just i think it's I dare say.. unrealistic.

[/quote']

There are a ton of unrealistic aspects of this game. It's not about every aspect being realistic, it's about gameplay that makes sense. Rocket will decide whether my idea is a good one or not. Not you or I, but it won't happen at all if I don't voice my opinion. I am testing, testers provide feedback and suggestions.

I understand, to each his own mate. If anything I'm suggesting more choice for playstyles than anything, haha dont start the tester speech on me I've had to explain to many people on the forums that we signed up to be testers. We test, rocket develops.

First closed test completed with three clients. FPS on all clients was 55 to 60 with around 80 infected.

I got a small suggestion about tweaking.

The heartbeat thing is awesome, it helps alot when judging other players. BUT, can you please make it so that the heartbeat thing only "plays" if you look at the player when you aim down the sight and looking at the player? As it is now, you hear it even though you're not looking directly at the guy.

When playing in a group, it's bloody annoying to hear those heartbeats all the time.

and that is why they are removing the bandit skin... because of people like you who shoot bandits on sight even if they are friendly :P

Was the humanity heartbeat implemented?

Yes. Last hotfix I believe. I tested it last night with my buddy. It is very subtle but it works.

Does it work at any distance? What is the volume of it? Like a gunshot or a foot step?

First closed test completed with three clients. FPS on all clients was 55 to 60 with around 80 infected.

3 server clients OR 3 player clients - Me no understand!

/sEi

For those posting about no loot at hospitals (and also not being able to pick up a backpack that you find):

You must remove the loot around/under the box to be able to open the box. This includes empty tin cans or other junk. Use the scroll menu and select "gear" and then whatever you see near the box, just pick it up, and you will then get access to the box.

Each box contains 10 blood bags and 5 of other health supplies (unless recently looted). But the hospitals usually have 4-5 boxes, it is highly unlikely that you won't find any supplies.

This bug also applies to Alice Packs and other backpacks you find on the ground. You must remove the loot around them to get to them.

Napoleon Solo
My Gawd, Napoleon Solo ... where's Ilya, old timer? :D

You see I speak from first hand knowledge.

Joe

For those posting about no loot at hospitals (and also not being able to pick up a backpack that you find):

You must remove the loot around/under the box to be able to open the box. This includes empty tin cans or other junk. Use the scroll menu and select "gear" and then whatever you see near the box' date=' just pick it up, and you will then get access to the box.

Each box contains 10 blood bags and 5 of other health supplies (unless recently looted). But the hospitals usually have 4-5 boxes, it is highly unlikely that you won't find any supplies.

This bug also applies to Alice Packs and other backpacks you find on the ground. You must remove the loot around them to get to them.

[/quote']

Thank you very much! Will try this :)

and that is why they are removing the bandit skin... because of people like you who shoot bandits on sight even if they are friendly :P

Yes. Last hotfix I believe. I tested it last night with my buddy. It is very subtle but it works.

Does it work at any distance? What is the volume of it? Like a gunshot or a foot step?

can you define fast hearbeat? i saw someone with a really fast heartbeat. i assumed bandit (i would be dead in a min) so i shot first and eliminated my target. it was scored a murder. now i guess im a bandit!

Probably a little to late to get in on this patch, but Rocket, could you see about fixing the infected collision with wire fences? Currently they can run/walk right through them.

Any word on loot table rebalancing issues?

For the six hours I played last night, I found two Enfields and a single Makarov, no watches, compasses, maps, only a single bag.

Nearly every loot pile was trash, ammo, and flares/chemlights.

This included loot spawns that I spawned by being the first person to a town. (I had these issues two days ago as well)

I had to be right next to him to hear it. I didn't have to aim at him but I first noticed as I was taking a bandage out of his backpack. We had just charged a guy and killed him with hatchets. He received the murder. I think the heartbeat supposedly gets louder the more 'bandit' you are, and perhaps the range increases as well. But yeah, as of now I would say its more quiet then footsteps. Its kind of creepy too.

Probably a little to late to get in on this patch' date=' but Rocket, could you see about fixing the infected collision with wire fences? Currently they can run/walk right through them.

[/quote']

Right, this is of highest concern ... thousands of players suffer from this ... not. ;)

May I suggest you report the bug and let the dev team handle it's priority? :)

* [FIXED] Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)

YES!!! Does this mean that we can have a town cleared for a short period of time?

Allowing us to loot a town in relative safety after having taken the risk of clearing it?

That would be awesome!

I have been testing 1.7.1.4 for a few hours now and loot is just fine where I have been Cherno, Elektro and Stary Sobor.

The only big problem I have is the aggro range from zombies that make the game unplayable because there is no point in sneaking just run to a house that you can walk into and go prone and they will lose you and that will be fixed in this patch, I hope.

Rocket when is this patch getting released, less than 24hours or longer?

May have been suggested before.

How about getting around 40 ppl to participate in a closed test for 1-2 Hours before releasing it? I'd like to help in that respect and im sure there are plenty of other members of the community with the right amount of know how that would participate in such a test also.

As mentioned before, it's a bitch to switch hatchet/crowbar so here's my suggestion, if it's a possibility: when you equip hatchet/crowbar from the belt, put the main weapon into the belt AND as soon as the hatchet/crowbar is unequipped, equip the main weapon in the belt back (to prevent exploits eg. so you can't carry a main weapon in the belt and another main weapon in your hand).

I think everyone missed the LARGE YELLOW TEXT saying please dont comment unless it is with information about existing bugs.

i have to share this, look at what this guy posted, holy balls some people make me wanna go hide in a corner for the rest of my life.

(Today 05:14 AM)TheSexyGoat Wrote: Wow... after weeks of work, collecting guns, food, drinks, everything, storing in my tent/cars I get this. First, I lost all the cars I had in the first update, didn't really bother me, since all the good stuff I have are in my tents, now the tents are getting wiped? Seriously.. makes me wanna stop playing this and think about the 30$ I wasted.

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)

Great, so what happens to your weapon if you switch?

i have to share this' date=' look at what this guy posted, holy balls some people make me wanna go hide in a corner for the rest of my life.

(Today 05:14 AM)TheSexyGoat Wrote: Wow... after weeks of work, collecting guns, food, drinks, everything, storing in my tent/cars I get this. First, I lost all the cars I had in the first update, didn't really bother me, since all the good stuff I have are in my tents, now the tents are getting wiped? Seriously.. makes me wanna stop playing this and think about the 30$ I wasted.

[/quote']

Yeah, I felt mildly disgusted after reading what this guy posted. People really do forget that they are TESTING a MOD that is in ALPHA stages. Sure, rage the fuck out if this happens when the MOD is full release but really dude? You're going to complain about that in Alpha? Holy shit that is low. Also, losing 30$? You do realize Arma 2 has a million other things you can do? Right guys? Right.....