rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

I dont know about sexual anxiety meter' date=' but perhaps some kind of loneliness meter that effects your sanity?

The more time you spend alone, the lower the meter gets and you could start hearing random zombie noises when there are none, Zombie agro noises when they are still all calm, possible hallucinations ect.

Could help promote co-operation since to keep the level up, youd have to spend some time close to living players. The higher a players humanity that you are near, the quicker the level would go up. Meter doesnt go up when around players with low humanity.

[/quote']

+1

Today i helped a player who had only a flashlight. As soon as he got a handgun, guess what happened. Yep, i died. This would at least try to make the game a little bit more co-op :P.

I've come across a bug since 1.7.1.1 that has affected me multiple times, but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how to reproduce it. I've tried, but it seems a bit random.

Sometimes when crouch walking, or crawling slowly (shift + prone movement) my character gets stuck as though the walk/run toggle has been turned to walk.

What I've tried, and what I've observed:

- I've tried to toggle run/walk it back to normal but it doesn't work.

- I've tried rebinding the toggle run/walk key and rebinding left shift, but neither seem to work.

- Disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't work, I have to restart the game.

- I've tried switching from prone, to crouch, to standing and variations of switching between the three but no change.

- I attempted to sprint which worked until I stopped again, reverting back to constant walking. Even while sprinting I was still running at 3/4 speed than normal.

- The walking animation seems to progressively get slower as I keep attempting to fix it, almost like slow motion.

- Once I managed to get myself back into running while crouched, but I was still only moving at 3/4 speed, and when I stopped I returned to the slow walking again.

- Every time it has happened, I've been newly respawned with my torch still in my backpack rather than in my hands.

It seems completely random as to when it happens, and I've attempted to reproduce it outside of the mod but it doesn't seem to affect me. I've been hit by it approx. 6 times now, using both my laptop and PC. I own the Steam version, but start the game without using the Steam overlay.

Does that sound like an engine, mod or user-end problem?

Thankfully!!!!! And I thought, the overpowered Zeds stay in DayZ. Thank you Rocket!

Good work Rocket, there is an issue that ive seen alot in the last few days where loading hangs on creating character, can / will this be addressed, afaik it's a hive issue ?

I dont know about sexual anxiety meter' date=' but perhaps some kind of loneliness meter that effects your sanity?

The more time you spend alone, the lower the meter gets and you could start hearing random zombie noises when there are none, Zombie agro noises when they are still all calm, possible hallucinations ect.

Could help promote co-operation since to keep the level up, youd have to spend some time close to living players. The higher a players humanity that you are near, the quicker the level would go up. Meter doesnt go up when around players with low humanity.

[/quote']

This sounds like a good idea! I can see it freakin the shit out of some people though and sometimes seeming out of place. but i think it would be a good idea if implemented well.

I've come across a bug since 1.7.1.1 that has affected me multiple times' date=' but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how to reproduce it. I've tried, but it seems a bit random.

Sometimes when crouch walking, or crawling slowly (shift + prone movement) my character gets stuck as though the walk/run toggle has been turned to walk.

What I've tried, and what I've observed:

- I've tried to toggle run/walk it back to normal but it doesn't work.

- I've tried rebinding the toggle run/walk key and rebinding left shift, but neither seem to work.

- Disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't work, I have to restart the game.

- I've tried switching from prone, to crouch, to standing and variations of switching between the three but no change.

- I attempted to sprint which worked until I stopped again, reverting back to constant walking. Even while sprinting I was still running at 3/4 speed than normal.

- The walking animation seems to progressively get slower as I keep attempting to fix it, almost like slow motion.

- Once I managed to get myself back into running while crouched, but I was still only moving at 3/4 speed, and when I stopped I returned to the slow walking again.

- Every time it has happened, I've been newly respawned with my torch still in my backpack rather than in my hands.

It seems completely random as to when it happens, and I've attempted to reproduce it outside of the mod but it doesn't seem to affect me. I've been hit by it approx. 6 times now, using both my laptop and PC. I own the Steam version, but start the game without using the Steam overlay.

Does that sound like an engine, mod or user-end problem?

[/quote']

Any weapons on your person? I know right clicking without any weapons make you walk, and it can't be fixed with double shift or anything. You have to double right click.

A forum issue first:

While rocket really rocks, could we (force us to) stick to the bug-reporting in these new version threads?

Without it we get 30 pages of posts in 10 minutes which then leads to double reports of the same issues/bugs. Nobody will read through 30 pages of 28 page smalltalk and 2 page bug talk. (Well rocket does. He could be a way more efficient machine way more efficient by preserving his precious time)

Thanks a lot :blush:

The issue:

• - 2 to 4 Zeds stationary in Buildings : Since the audibility gets back to normal we finally can enter buildings again without alerting the whole town.
    Maybe look at the spawn chance inside buildings, since I have the feeling it is broken at the moment. Every building forced me to shoot some zeds today.

~Codus

While you're at it can you pleas please pleaseeeeee make the hatchet a tool again so that it can easily be carried in the tool slot? There's no reason why it should be slotted as a weapon :(.

The flashlight is also a tool in real life thus it should also fit in the tool section of your inventory.

-Thank you

That i like

[/quote']

I had a nice tent city packed into the same spot thanks to the way tents worked this recent patch. Good to see this changed, as I now have an encampment of a LOT of tents in the same spot. I was too used to spamming place tent to get it somewhere.

I am curious if there is any possibility of making the Pack Tent option actually removing the tent from the server's database if you are the owner. You can still take tents down, yet they come back up on a server reset.

I have to say: Beside the stuff i criticize, which is never intended to be offending but to show things that may need improvement, i have the upmost respect for the work the Devs are putting into this.

Performance increases make me happy :) That was my biggest problem with 1.7.1.4

[/quote']

This sounds like a good idea! I can see it freakin the shit out of some people though and sometimes seeming out of place. but i think it would be a good idea if implemented well.

Or maybe even hearing gunshots! That'd be so fucked! I like it.

I was crawling around in a Building when i suddenly broke my arm or leg ... i dont know ... it happened to me when i was crawling through a door ...

It happened to me in a different Builduing when i was crawling through a door again ... Is this a Bug or is it just part of the realism that its just possible to brake an arm or a leg when you crawl through a town for an hour or two like a maniac?

Could be the Arma II Engine instead of problems with the hotfix ...

THIS IS NOT A HATE OMG OMG FIX THIS HATE POST .... I'm just trying to contribute something to the thread ...

Tents and items like barbwire fence respawn after a server restart even if you have taken them down, please address this.

Hi

I am very new at this game and mod, only been playing it for like a week. But i like it alot, think i like it better before the update but its still not all bad.

Now it semse i use more energy getting food and getting stuff, before the update i used more energy not getting killed bye other players. Sup its up to you what kind of game you want and up to us if we wanna use time on it.

I noticed one change that might bee a bug, when i startet playing i could right click once and it slowed down like when using shift, when i do that now it zoom like 1/5 of normal zoom (done with no weapon or the axe in hand) also noticed that crawling now has 2 speeds didnt before but dont think the sight/ear bar change when changin speed.

One last thing, i love sneaking around, but hiding in a bush behind a car or a wall really do need to give more cover(less eye bar) then being on a open field.

I am impressed with what you can do during one day, just trying to follow the forums is a killer for me. Hope you also find time to play and enjoy your own work.

Danish

Keep it up, listen

[/quote']

But some people really enjoy going around by themselves from time to time, including me. I think this is not such a hot idea, the focus on forcing people to cooperate should come from reducing people being bandits, not people being loners.

Rocket,

There's also an issue of people spawning into the off map desert far to the northwest. It's not the debug forest...it's just them leaving the server...coming back later....and being off in the middle of nowhere.

Can you look into this?

* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)

Hey there Rocket. Thank you for all the hard work. I bet if there's been a way to pay you in voluntary manner (with no badges or any other in game rewards) - me and some other people still enjoyed such opportunity to support such a great product. We want more of that and this is natural way to support things you like. With cash. Just saying.

Now onto the matter.

If you are fixing tents at the moment could you please fix "cook food" option too? I seen similar issue there. If you click too fast on the button you will get "extra" food.

[/quote']

But some people really enjoy going around by themselves from time to time, including me. I think this is not such a hot idea, the focus on forcing people to cooperate should come from reducing people being bandits, not people being loners.

This. just the latest idea trying to force the rest to play as you would like.

Rocket you are best! You take care of players and make patches everyday not like other game developers,thanks :3

Hey Rocket thanks for the AWESOME mod!

this is probably an ArmA 2 engine problem, but is there any chance of fixing the bug where, when you enter a building in prone, you instantly revert to standing up, resulting in 5 audibility and visibilty, and attracting all the nearby zombies you were trying to avoid :(

Any feedback on hatchet issues in 1.7.1.4. Bugs 33787, 33785, 33849

(summary:- cannot equip hatchet; corruption in gear with slugs/binos)

Or is a gear reload (ie new respawn) required to clear this? Thanks.