Sign in to follow this  
DemonGroover

New Spawn - What Would Your Route Be?

Yes, i am bored at work again! I should get another job really.

I am sure this question has been asked in some form or another before.

Imagine you have spawned near Cherno (X marks the spot). You don't have a tent or any vehicles stashed anywhere, nor are your buddies on the server. You are alone and fresh with only a bandage, painkillers and a flashlight.

Where would you go?

My route is below and is the one i pretty much follow every time i come into Cherno from the west. Tbh i only enter the church for a quick look if i am short of a few items.

For me the priority is find the majority of tools, a hatchet and a decent backpack. For you?

2vbvo5j.jpg

• Like 3

From that spawn I would sprint straight to Kozlovka then to Zelengorsk market. Satisfied I'd leg it the remainder to Vybor and loot the school/market and surrounding areas. Then its off to skalka then straight over to Gvozdno. Make a pit stop at the pond for water then leg it to Pobeda and enjoy the scenery. Make a few loot runs back and forth to Krasno market for additional items I may have not already picked up.

• Like 2

Hospital, get morphine and antibiotics, then scram. Zelenogorsk next.

• Like 2

I imagine a few players wouldn't even enter Cherno and just head straight north.

Me i am a city boy and tend to hang around the Big Smoke.

Uh..having not played the mod (waiting for steam summer sale) I would follow your path, but about the 4th arrow in I would chat "Any friendlies in Cherno?!" and get sniped.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Uh..having not played the mod (waiting for steam summer sale) I would follow your path, but about the 4th arrow in I would chat "Any friendlies in Cherno?!" and get sniped.

Cheers!

Get in there! Good luck with the summer sale.

Step 1. Find a Hatchet

Then run in the open until you hear sniper fire. Locate its source. Now run behind a building and make a stealthy get-away. The typical DayZ sniper isn't intelligent enough to change locations. Now Flank them hatchet to the back of the skull. Boom, you're geared up

• Like 2

Left.

I imagine a few players wouldn't even enter Cherno and just head straight north.

Me i am a city boy and tend to hang around the Big Smoke.

I don't leave Elektro/Cherno until I'm pretty geared up, most of which coming from dead noncityboys. It's exciting! to hang out in the city. There's a forest north-west of the road into Elektro from Cherno that's a pretty great spot to set up camp. I'll sleep there to recover blood and hunt, then run into Elektro and loot.

I once got 4 cars (semi repaired) and enough loot for 6 players set up. Tents, food, medicine. Of course NO ONE believed the "Crazy guy" who drove into Elektro saying, "I've got free gear north of here, get in." I mostly got shot at or people ran away from me. It was kind of sad. It was more sad when I lost 3 AKMs (my favorite weapons in the game) when I eventually died and the stuff was taken.

This is how it tends to go for me...

fLkuH5k.jpg

SLlctic.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see your Photo shop career is still on track Maldor.

• Like 5

Heh. I don't need photoshop I can just use Microsoft Paint to edit Se7eN's pictures. I am essentially the same person though so go figure.

Edited by MaldorLevr

From the X .. tempted by the closeness of Balota i would probably head in and check the hangars and the tower for a weapon, do an about turn and hit the apartments in Cherno (backpack mainly, but beans and water bottle as well)) and hospital (morphine) then straight up to Stary/Novy area by way of Zub to begin the heli wreck hunt.

The Kozlovka/Zeleno/Vybor run is tempting from there as well.

• Like 1

I would go as follows:

1. Store

2. Firestation

3. Dipsydoodle south of the international hotel, looting the pubs

4. Hospital and Military Tents

5. In spite of recent events (ILY 1.7.7.1), I've tacked on another area. If I'm still short medical/residential, I hit up the North hospital/appartments on my way out of town.

post-162843-0-53362100-1373352468_thumb.

This is my route; I've grown used to spawning on the east after having done so a few times and having no idea what to do. I can get to Msta without a compass on that route. I stop visiting farms after Msta because by then I've usually got a CZ. Polana supermarket generally has a few goodies for me and after that I'll head to Berezino, NEAF, Devil's Castle, NWAF, Stary and then to Cherno to snipe the snipers. After that I'll just do what the submarine captains do: run silent, run deep.

Edited by WBK
  • Like 2

To be honest, only ever been in elektro or Cherno 3 times, me i head straight up the west side Zeleno to pustoshka (thats 2 supermarkets full of loot) also 6 deerstands and quite a few barns enough to gear up fully, plus the Heli crash sites if im lucky,

If i spawn om the east side or city outskirts i either go straight up the right through Solinichy to Berezino or north through the middle of the map.

• Like 1

I would go north, sneak into the forests, find some deerstands and farms to raid.

I (almost) never go into Cherno, not as a new spawn and certainly not when I'm fully geared.

I dislike Cherno, because walking around in the city somehow always ends in my head exploding like a ripe melon. Same story in Elektro, btw.

post-162843-0-53362100-1373352468_thumb.

This is my route; I've grown used to spawning on the east after having done so a few times and having no idea what to do. I can get to Msta without a compass on that route. I stop visiting farms after Msta because by then I've usually got a CZ. Polana supermarket generally has a few goodies for me and after that I'll head to Berezino, NEAF, Devil's Castle, NWAF, Stary and then to Cherno to snipe the snipers. After that I'll just do what the submarine captains do: run silent, run deep.

That's a nice little run :) I haven't done the any deer stand searches for a few patches now though, i just use them as a reference point.

I generally go with the gas station, single entrance house on the coast, market, red houses, find an ax, clear the grain silo (or whatever it is) with the catwalk overlooking the hospital / apartment complex, loot both, head West, firehouse, church, big construction site, GTFO. At this point I should have a weapon and enough gear to survive in the wilderness. Anything else, I can pick up in the north,