Sign in to follow this  
turbonipples

Nerf the zombies a bit?

DayZ used to be fun, untill the recent update. I understand it's a mod, and may contain some glitches, but this is BS. The fact that you need an SD weapon or you're totally f*cked is stupid. And even with an SD weapon, you're still f*cked. The character I had for almost a month got hit once and killed, full blood and everything. So my suggestion, nerf the zombies, because as of right now, the mod sucks.

Simply no.

you cant run through towns like a headless chicken any more that is true, but if you actually pay attention to the zeds and class them as a threat it becomes more balanced, all you have to do is remember that there a threat and players and the only problem.

EDIT: Sorry if i seem like im being really blunt but i am getting sick of seeing this same thread type popping up, instead of people complaining on the forum about how "zombies op" why dont you just try and beat them, give it a bit of practice, you wont find the answer within the first 20 seconds no, its all trail and error.

Edited by TMW Se7eN
  • Like 7

DayZ used to be fun, untill the recent update. I understand it's a mod, and may contain some glitches, but this is BS. The fact that you need an SD weapon or you're totally f*cked is stupid. And even with an SD weapon, you're still f*cked. The character I had for almost a month got hit once and killed, full blood and everything. So my suggestion, nerf the zombies, because as of right now, the mod sucks.

asking for the main point of the mod to be nerfed is the reason why this mod is probably not for you

• Like 2

I like the mod atm, I hear a TON of bitching about the loot and the zombies... I think it's perfect the way it is.

Why don't we just remove the zombies completely if people think they shouldn't be a threat...

• Like 2

I like the mod atm, I hear a TON of bitching about the loot and the zombies... I think it's perfect the way it is.

Why don't we just remove the zombies completely if people think they shouldn't be a threat...

yeah in essence we'd be playing wasteland then.

but yeah you've got it spot on, the loot/zombies are a great balance as it is

1. suggestions thread.

2. been discussed hence the current status of the z's

3. there exists a multitude of servers running custom setups where z's are not as much of a threat for various reasons.

4. :emptycan:

DayZ used to be fun, untill the recent update.

This is good news, i hope they keep this course until the SA. Less people playing it for the wrong reason, the game shouldn't be "fun" in the first place.

Why do you need an SD weapon, are you that triggerhappy? As long as i played the only problem i had with unsuppressed weapons that it attracted the wrong type of player when i actually took a shot. I could live off a magazine or weeks without really needing to take a shot. During the "good times" i had a SVD with 7 mags i barely touched, 3 shots fired in 2 weeks. I wasn't even dressed up as a wookie.

Most of my group died from bullets of pvp players rather than the aftermath of a zombie attack. So i welcome the fact that bullets will be the least to worry about in the near future. Maybe i'll sneak a peek just to see how much it went back to the "old game" since i stopped playing after DayZ became a pvp paradise.

Edited by Enforcer

Maybe i'll sneak a peek just to see how much it went back to the "old game" since i stopped playing after DayZ became a pvp paradise.

I think you'll be happy with the recent update, a lot of people are complaining about the changes, easier to get infected, harder to get antibiotics, zombies are more challenging, but I really like the way the mod is now. Survival is the priority again.

• Like 1

Ok, what I'm saying though, the one punch KO is a bit rediculous. The disease really doesn't need to be that common, does it? One infection after another. I know what happened to e was a bug, because I had full blood and the zombie killed me in one punch, didn't even knock me out.

Edited by Nurbo Tipples

Maybe he ripped open an artery. Is it hard to believe that could happen? I know that seems unfair, but being beaten on isn't usually very fair in real life. Don't stand near walls they can swing through and stop treating them like midgets you can just hold at arms length and receive negligent punishment from

The infection is ridiculous, that's pretty much the only part I hate.

The infection is ridiculous, that's pretty much the only part I hate.

I'm pretty sure we have been over why that is.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure we have been over why that is.

Some of us haven't heard, do tell.

I do agree that the infection rate is ridiculously high.

Cant see why ppl cry about the zombies and infections, it makes it more fun and you got to sneak more.

Some of us haven't heard, do tell.

I do agree that the infection rate is ridiculously high.

its a divide by zero error.

its a divide by zero error.

Whew. Glad to know that's an error.

We have been telling everyone for the past 3 weeks.

Sadly, I've been gone the past two. Sorry man. Can't imagine how annoying it is to have to keep telling people.

Edited by colekern

I like the new patch, the game is harder and every mistake can kill you.

Life`s not a bed of roses, the same goes with DayZ.

Edited by Maarduuk

Ok, what I'm saying though, the one punch KO is a bit rediculous. The disease really doesn't need to be that common, does it? One infection after another. I know what happened to e was a bug, because I had full blood and the zombie killed me in one punch, didn't even knock me out.

Maybe he ripped open an artery. Is it hard to believe that could happen? I know that seems unfair, but being beaten on isn't usually very fair in real life. Don't stand near walls they can swing through and stop treating them like midgets you can just hold at arms length and receive negligent punishment from

While ripping open an artery with bare hands / punch is close to impossible i guess it has something to do with the collision system or he cracked your skull in one hit and your brain came flying out :lol: . Maybe you already had this encounter, a player runs into you, voilà leg broken or loss of blood.

• Like 1

now dont hate me. i havent played yet. maybe there needs to be a nerf server. or multiple set up like left 4 dead servers based on a level of difficultly. i have no real say though for i havent played yet.

Zombies are to be avoided at all costs. In a zombie apocalypse this should be Rule 1.

My advice get yourself a hatchet - the ultimate zombie killer.

Zombies are to be avoided at all costs. In a zombie apocalypse this should be Rule 1.

My advice get yourself a hatchet - the ultimate zombie killer.

He means infected << :P

• Like 1

Zombies should be seen as your main threat in this game above all else,other players are a secondary concern and should be treated that way