Some of these have been suggested before, just writing them as they come to mind.

- Wandering zombies

-- A pretty common request. As I understand it, before the latest patch, the zombies that spawned in the towns were given some flexibility in how far they could wander. Now, they appear to just remain static at their original spawn. I hope this is fixed ASAP. However, 2-10 zombies per kilometer would be a great thing and would make traveling through the woods a bit more sporty and less mundane. Zombies should also spawn in the center of large fields and be allowed to roam within the confines of the field. It's really awesome to be sitting in a hedgerow and scout out the field ahead before crossing. If zombies were in it, it'd make it much more purposeful and risky (as it should be) to cross fields.

- More consistent zombie behavior/animations

-- Unsure if this is a limit of the engine, or simply that the animations don't exist... but zombies seem to jump diagonally when they run at you it's almost as if they're teleporting. Zombies should more or less, run at you straight. Driven by the insatiable need to feed or what have you, it's unlikely to think that zombies would be thinking of personal preservation or would be aware that the player is carrying a firearm. I do, however, think that some deviation in zombie approaches is warranted to keep the player on his/her toes. But right now, it's a bit much.

-- Zombies should also push doors open, rather than clipping through. They should also not be able to deal damage through walls or clip through windows without a proper animation.

-- Add shambling/slow-moving zombies to the mix to keep the player guessing and to make every encounter a little more varied.

- More diverse ammunition spawns

-- I'm not saying make ammunition more plentiful, just expand the areas where certain ammunition is capable of spawning. In the real world, assault rifle rounds like 5.56x45 (.223), 7.62x51 (.308), and the Warsaw Pact counterparts (5.45x39, 7.62x39, and 7.62x54R) are available in most town gun stores or outdoor/hunting shops. They should be added to the possible loot lists in certain towns that are up north, but also not military bases. I don't expect to be able to find five AK74M mags in every barn, but it should be possible for me to find one or two every now and then if I'm lucky. Should be considered on a town by town basis, places like Staroye and Petrovka shouldn't have this... but northern cities like Pushtoska [sic?] and Vybor should have this capability.

-- I almost want to discourage finding AKM's and whatnot in the coastal cities like Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk, simply because there aren't too many people with assault rifles (I hope) in tightly packed cities. Plus, it makes sense and gives further incentive for new people to get away from the coast.

- More diverse wildlife

-- Deer, elk, pheasant, all that good stuff. Preferably in abundance up north, I mean way north... where there are few settlements. Deer Stands are in game, and I have yet to see any deer. I've seen rabbit, boar, cow, goat, and sheep. Am I missing anything? Oh, chickens. Deer stands should have a slightly increased rate of wildlife spawning around them, just for flavor and to make deer stands worth the loot they give (Being a more visible target if you're using them for hunting.

- Make shelter significant

-- Camping overnight in an abandoned barn should have merit and benefit. Perhaps making your blood regen a bit? Could also come into play if any weather effects were included. I think it'd be great to come across a barn with a faint glow of chemlights to find a survivor or two huddled over a fire or somesuch, before deciding what to do (pass them by, join them, or slay them and loot). I did this in a barn and a supermarket a few nights ago, and was really thinking about how awesome it'd be to come across this more from the outside. If shelter were made desirable/significant, it would better the overall experience. Plus, it would then force the sheltered players to police how much light they're giving off as to not attract undue attention. I've ran clear across Chernarus to the NW airfield with a flare in hand a chemlight on and not been shot at/seen, light should have a more significant affect on how largely your position is broadcast.

- More types of tents/shelters

-- Larger ones that can be entered would be great, places to hang your hat. Also, would make for some interesting group dynamics, whereby a group of survivors/bandits creates a remote camp and surrounds it with barbed wire protection, then proceeds to do whatever (hunt, forage, stockpile, slay bodies, etc). I'm a big fan of player-created settlements, and I think there's more than enough room in Chernarus for some relatively persistent player settlements.

-- In this same vein, I think players should be allowed to place some forms of permanent structures (like sheds), just to give potential survivors some defense against bandits/zombies.

- More general survival activities

-- Farming crops at your camp (hoe and seed required), fishing (rod and tackle required), canning/jarring (empty can and preservatives/campfire required), stealing crops from existing farms, distillation of salt-water (distillation mechanism required), trapping (scrap metal and bait required). Would help to give the player purpose when he/she has acquired all the necessary utilities and enough ammunition (a purpose other than just PvP). Red Dead Redemption is a good inspiration for just general fun stuff to do whilst out in the wilderness.

- Customizable characters

-- Just aesthetic really, I'm not sure how load-bearing vests work in vanilla ARMA... but it'd be nice to be able to choose which LBV you've got on among other things. I know the mod resources are out there for this, visa vie Armaholic. Different types of LBVs, hats/hemets, gloves???, pants, shirts, eye-wear etc should be acquirable. I'm not sure if they should add to the inventory (in the case of different LBVs) but it would certainly be a great thing to be able to customize the look of your character.

-- Would have to keep a pretty recognizable color scheme to differentiate between survivor and bandit. So I think perhaps the pants/shirts customization should be kept to a healthy minimum. Bandits should always have the flecktarn and shemagh/kiffiyeh visible, or just shouldn't share any traits with survivors aesthetically. Or, perhaps bandits are getting a unique skin of their own in the future, rather than just the Bundeswehr/KSK skin.

- Female characters

-- I've seen some threads on this, and I wholeheartedly agree. Female characters should totally be an option. I'm not even sure you'd necessarily HAVE to come up with new animations, as the animations in game are already pretty gender neutral... I would think it's just a matter of applying them to a different looking skin/skeleton. But I'm not a dev, or even wholesale educated on the subject... so I could be way off on that. But, to appease the female gamers and prospective female gamers who are interested in this mod... definitely couldn't hurt.

- Increased focus on zombies over PvP

-- Just a general thought. As I've began to sum my experiences up, I've sort of categorized them into percentages. I spend 30% of my time doing survival activities, 60% of my time being wary of other players or being engaged in direct PvP, and 10% of my time killing/bypassing zombies. For a zombie mod, zombies aren't really a primary threat to me. There needs to be either more zombies, more mobile zombies, or more zombies in the wilderness. Because when I cross a field, I'm thinking about whether I'll get shot or not... not about whether a zombie or three will come bolting across the field after me because they smelled warm flesh.

- Flashlights as an attachment, not only standalone

-- Pretty self-explanatory, either make flashlights a universal attachment that can be "taped on" to any weapon... or allow us to use it in conjunction with a sidearm. I think the "attachment" thing wouldn't be -that- hard to implement. There's already weapons with flashlights for attachments, and one could use the same dynamic as the "pickup flare/chemlight" thing that simply attaches it to the player body and apply it to the weapon.

-- Speaking of which, can the placement of the flare/chemlight on the player change to somewhere on the body rather than the hand? It makes aiming during the night nearly impossible because there's a bright light next to your reticle every time. Plus, it just plain looks silly.

- More types of vehicles??

-- I've seen bicycles in ARMA before, are they in Day Z yet? If so, I think they'd be a great addition. Likewise with motorcycles. (I've heard ATV's are in Day Z, but have not yet seen one).

- For the love of all that is good, don't include implausible super-zombies

-- Maybe a "fat guy" who can take a few more bullets to the body than usual, or a "super athletic" zombie who can run at you a little faster. But that should be the extent, any power that a zombie has should be derived from real-world circumstances.

I think less than lethal weapons would also be a nice addition say you dont want to hurt someone but warn them to stay away like a paintball gun that shoots pepper balls that blinds the enemy for a minute or disorientate him Or perhaps bear /pepper spray / rubber bullets that maim the player rather then kill also

or perhaps you are a bandit who would like to rob someone

it would be very versatile either way

+1 to most of these,

Attachable flashlights, Safe zones, SKS/Mosin, Non-Lethal, Character customization and lots more are all great ideas.

Would love to see them implemented.

Zs in the woods.

Hords of Zs like 30-60 wandering from town to town.

Ability to make barricades in buildings. Doors/windows/etc (breakable)

Some kind of melee Weapon (low dmg)

Power generator that can be filled with gasoline to light up a house/around a house.

A string with emptycans that make noises when you pass through them.

Make a mobile military Camp/Vehicle that spawns in random places in the map with the best loots

(that will make the need for player to explore the map more. And harder to get good equipment)

Ability to find and change clothes for better hiding. Military=rare. Sniper camouflage =SUPERRARE

Zs looses agro after a while if you hide in room or on a roof. But are still in "the neighborhood"

I want melee weapons in addition to all that has been suggested up to this page.

- Female Characters: Pretty much self explainatory, and allows more diversity (Which can ONLY be a good thing). I don't accept the excuse of female animations/skeleton. The animations are pretty gender nuetral, and about women not using guns because the game doesn't allow it? As long as they are rigged to the male skeleton, they can do anything. Hell, rigging a giant penis to the male skeleton will allow it to use a gun.

- Holster weapons: Help people distinguish friendlies a lot more appropriately then just having to type "friendly?!". Plus, it'd make you feel a lot more easy around players. You'd be able to have a few more seconds to react if they try to pull a gun on you.

- Push/Kick: I don't know, could be a lot easier to kick/push away a zombie, or even a bandit, to give you time to run.

- Gun Holsters/Ammo Pouches: If you find them, they could hang off your belt, and give you some more inventory space purely JUST for pistols and ammo.

- Objectives: Objectives being found on notes in houses, zombie corpses, or radios. Can lead to a stash of guns, foods, or lead to rare items, or even a working vehicle. Even adding in objectives that question morality. For example, you recieve an SOS from an NPC, you can go save them for a small item, or kill and rob them for all they're worth.

- Weather Effects amped up: Like, when it rains, it could get pretty foggy. Makes looting a bit easier, but harder to detect zombies and bandits.

Women and Children Zeds with behavior to befit them (What, was Chernarus just one massive golf club?)

All doors finally filing that restraining order on Zeds,

No offence but I look at some of these wishes and it looks like some of you would rather be playing a holiday sim rather than a survival one :)

This thread has become kind of special for a few of us and I encourage others to do the same if they like but here is the deal:

This is a "wish list" thread. It's like a letter to Santa rocket, between the poster and rocket. No responses or feedback are asked for or needed.

If you would like to tell a poster you agree with their wish list a short note is all that is needed or maybe a +1 to their rep.

This thread is NOT for debate or discussion on anyone's list or items on that list and it's certainly not for flaming and trolling.

Unlike the rest of the suggestion forum, where I prefer to see a single thread dedicated to a single specific item (with a specific title dammit!) your wish list post here, in this thread, can contain as many thoughtful wishes as you desire. Use the "copy link address" on YOUR post number in this thread and include it in your signature file if you would like others to be able to read your letter to evil old santa rocket. ;)

I posted this in another suggestion thread but came across this wishlist thread which is likely to get more attention from the moderators/developers, so I'm posting my opinion here as well.

I like the idea of defibrillators. There is such thing as solar powered defibrillators, so that can be used as the power source. If implemented into DayZ I would propose that they should have a 1-shot emergency charge or something, and you must be in direct sunlight for X amount of time for them to recharge. You would also have to get to the downed player within a minute or two of them seeing the "You're Dead" message. If the player already respawned, you obviously can't revive them. Great idea overall.

Edited to include extra link (couldn't find post before)

• Usage count on matches, Zippo lighters and fluid. Maybe even add flint rocks (unlimited usage, more rare).

• Melee weapons;
    No more Makarov with clips at start, but just a knife and what you already have now.

• Craftable traps;
    Plenty of posts about these.

keeping a journal, when you die some one can read your days, then they know how you lived.

in real survival situations this helps you keep sane if you are afraid and alone and also works as an extension of memory, where you found stuff and what you ate where etc.

you could do it manually as an option or as a log file thing.

manually would be nice as you can also send the killer a curse or a joke.

cigarettes, and filled bottles of JD (with the perks it brings, dehydration and faster consumption rate, maybe drunkenness, losing body temp)

armbands as identifiers, optional and slightly forced,

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10885&pid=118047#pid118047

ductape and improvised explosives (need to test that one) a jerry can with a m203 flare ductaped to it and or just the filled jerry can and being able to shoot it to let it explode.

the flare would add a little more spunk to it.

simple things like that.

the electrical system as in

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6791

random zombie spawn,

when you die you can be respawned as a zombie to have some much needed more intelligent zombies around.

find some mechanic like humanity system or zombie kill count to deal with the likelihood to spawn as a zombie. call it karma ?

only way out of the zombie is to be killed by a survivor (that would be fun)

When I first played DayZ, I thought it would be cool to add private notes into the mission notes which are only viewable to the player. But having a journal instead would be even greater! I definately would use it!

you could be a collector of journals be it through banditry or survivor scavenger

this would be fun if there were forums where you could post the lost and found maybe gives meta gaming a bit more fun and gives feedback to the dead and living,

you could also use it for bug reports ?

Edit

with screenshot option ? or photo camera ?

i would like a photo camera in game, :D

maybe for bug report uses and or team uses have server info and player info added in the file ?

1. More varied terrain features, rivers with strong/unpredictable current, mountains with sheer faces/cliffs. Make the terrain another aspect of the game to contend with. While there is definitely an element of strategy already involved, (picking the faster open fields, less cover, or the slower forests and hills, more cover) Having to cross a dangerous river/mountain to get somewhere sounds like an exciting aspect of having to survive, and this ties into my next wish...

2. the ability to scale/free climb cliffs/structures, with a mechanic somewhat like this: http://www.foddy.net/GIRP.html Keep the brutal sense of peril and difficulty, but the reward of overcoming the environment. Scaling buildings and other structures for a better vantage point, safety, or just to get to the next destination.

The ability to host servers that don't sync with the hive, where admins can tweak whatever setting they want and do whatever they want. The server would have its own, independent player inventories and tracking. You would still find these servers in the browser, but they would be marked as having their own mods or as non synced.

If someone wants to plop down the money for a Day Z server and have everyone spawn with a 50cal then that's fine. If an admin wants to implement a truck-for-everyone policy then let him. If that dude just wants a last man on earth server with him and two of his buddies, why stop him? Ban barbed wire and tank traps? That's good too (and good in general IMO). Increase zombie spawn rate by a million? OK.

Just make sure that players in these nonsycning servers can't take their inventories or their location over to the other servers and prevent the other way round, too. If you really wanted people to know what they were getting into, also require admins list their mods and policies in their server titles.

The ability to host servers that don't sync with the hive' date=' where admins can tweak whatever setting they want and do whatever they want. The server would have its own, independent player inventories and tracking. You would still find these servers in the browser, but they would be marked as having their own mods or as non synced.

If someone wants to plop down the money for a Day Z server and have everyone spawn with a 50cal then that's fine. If an admin wants to implement a truck-for-everyone policy then let him. If that dude just wants a last man on earth server with him and two of his buddies, why stop him? Ban barbed wire and tank traps? That's good too (and good in general IMO). Increase zombie spawn rate by a million? OK.

Just make sure that players in these nonsycning servers can't take their inventories or their location over to the other servers and prevent the other way round, too. If you really wanted people to know what they were getting into, also require admins list their mods and policies in their server titles.

[/quote']

^^^ so much this.... x-x my buddy and I want to play together and just survive against zombies, and to head into the wilderness to explore...

but we keep spawning across the map x-x and by the time we reach each other (even after respawn spam to get closer) one of us gets killed shortly after reaching each other.

would be nice if there was a way to host a game without being connected to the 'live' servers... so we could have our 'private' toons and our normal live toons...

or so that you could have LAN parties... get a bunch of buddies together and just forge onwards into the unknown... / shrug really like the quoted post.