dgeesio

why isnt there more push bikes in dayz ?

anyone ?

bikes are everywhere yet you are lucky to se a few around the map. i dont think zombies are stealing them :P

• Like 8

Uh, they were all wiped out in the big bicycle fire.

• Like 6

Valid point though :)

I'd love to see some more of them, and have supermarkets and house garages and such spawn bicycle wheels to fix em with that are more common than the car (!) wheels we have to put on them now.

• Like 2

OP bicycle ftw :P

Today, comrades, we're going to war... ON BICYCLES!

I heard someone argue that same thing for autos as well... IRL, cars are extremely common, and it would make sense to me if you could find them scattered all over a town. The catch would have to be that parts would obviously be difficult to find (as they sometimes are now), and I think even more importantly, gas should be super rare to find.

In my ideal game, the vehicles in a decent state of repair would be easy to find... It would be finding fuel that should be most difficult! :)

Love the push bikes though... would always love to see more of 'em

• Like 2

Where did all the cars go? I guess they just magically blow up on the side of the road in hundreds as soon as a zombie is spotted.

• Like 1

In Merica... We pedal bikes... Jus sayin.

You forgot the ' before the "Merica"... how very 'merican of you :)

and IN 'merica, a "push bike" as you call it would probably be most akin to a push-scooter... A.K.A. a skateboard with handlebars

Where did all the cars go? I guess they just magically blow up on the side of the road in hundreds as soon as a zombie is spotted.

Well, this is what I think.

Infection struck, some were infected and others managed not to get the infection. All the non-infected got in their cars and travelled to some imaginary Country north/west. They took most the cars, the only cars left are the damaged ones that could not be repaired in time.

I get so confused by the term "push bike", because you don't push it, you make the chain spin and shit, I mean WHY?

And yes, there aren't too many of them.. Only found one in vanilla.

Edited by Sutinen

I think an increase in push bikes would be a little OP and would make the game too easy in the current state. Because they are, for some unknown reason able to travel at phenomenal speeds especially downhill (70 km/h+) when realistically a fairly untrained person should only be able to travel at 25 km/h tops.

i would also welcome more bikes, they are good for getting around, while not having any protection or guns, which makes them balanced, maybe a normal bike and a mountain bike? already have seen it used in a few dayz mods, its pretty good for offroading

I agree bicycles should be more common in game. The different wheel part is a good idea as well.

Perhaps bikes should have an inventory slot or two representing a bag rack, but a weapon slot? No way! Have you tried attaching a rifle sized object to a bike securely and safely then riding it? Not likely, its bad enough just shuttling a track pump across a field on race day.

I think an increase in push bikes would be a little OP and would make the game too easy in the current state. Because they are, for some unknown reason able to travel at phenomenal speeds especially downhill (70 km/h+) when realistically a fairly untrained person should only be able to travel at 25 km/h tops.

Are you kidding? 70 km/h isn't that difficult in real life, Chernarus has some crazy hills and DayZ's old bikes are notoriously unstable at that speed, which is also quite authentic.

In game I managed about 80 km/h flat out and it was completely nuts, so I held the (convincingly awful) brakes forever and it still took ages to stop, amazingly enough unharmed.

Back in the real world, my personal best was 104 km/h in the Eilat mountains, on something significantly more advanced and expensive than the DayZ bone-shaker. That wasn't even close to the records though ...

http://en.wikipedia....Cycling_records

Yes! More bicycles please.

Edited by RN_Max

i would still love to push my friends around chernarus in a wheelbarrow; time to hit the suggestion thread!