facet

Dayz mod was great game, now is not

Do dayz mod going good direction?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do dayz mod going good direction?

When Rocket worked on it, we had many funny bugs, but rest of game was awesome. Very well balanced lot table, any weird things. Now I start play it again after month, and I see only bad changes:

• here is not enough ammo. What the hell you removed military ammo and stuff from deer stands?
  • military bases are empty. Here is hard to find good stuff. maybe you can find a weapon, but never not enough ammo
  • I played few hours on two servers - public and private, same dayz version and I was 6 times - SIX TIMES infected. I found 2 antibiotics, of course not enough. In few hours, I was dead twice by infection. No because dirty food or water, just zombies. This is weird and stupid. I was infected even after 2nd zombie hit, 1 min after new respawn/life
  • lot spawns very bad. Even walking I must wait for lot spawn, and sometimes it just not spawning or in place where should be something, is some shit only
  • in hospitals is nothing. I checked few times, was maybe two morphines + something else. With infection rate like this, should be here tons of antibiotics
  • after month break of playing, I had long term character with many players and zombies kills, and full equip. When I logged again last night, my char was dead and I land on the coast again, new life. But this is maybe big problem, but I can deal with it. Other changes makes me angry and sad. It was really great game

I should appreciate your hard work, but I never appreciate when somebody wasting something, even if he hard working on it. Let be honest, you know nothing about balancing gameplay.

• Like 2

1. Well, walking up into a deer stand, do you really expect ammo (or a rifle) every time?

2. Use your ammo wisely.

3. Don't go running into a town carelessly, sneak into the town. Crawl across the roads, crouch walk/run the rest of the way.

4. I don't know why the loot takes time to spawn.

5. I still don't know why the problem is happening (haven't played in a long time)

6. I've never had this bug (maybe I just can't understand what you're saying)

And also, standalone is coming out... I'm sure these bugs will be fixed.

Although I don't agree with really any of his points, I do have to say I too dislike the direction that the game is headed. I don't want to rag on the people that have been continuing to carry this game along a new path though because this is just my own opinion. They try hard and probably just have a different vision. Even though some changes are off-putting, I'm excited more than ever for the Standalone. I feel like Dean has some special touch with getting the balance just right.

• Like 1

Well you shouldn't be infected by zombies...that's why the character survived inthe first place...

But complaining about anything else? Did you expect DayZ to be developed into you average jump and run action shooter? If yes you have chosen the wrong game...it will only become worse for your kind if you confuse DayZ with any other shoot everyone in sight game.

• Like 1

I agree with the loot spawning, it's very random and not trusty at all. Before loot didn't spawn when you went at a high speed, but now it might not spawn at all if you're on foot. The miltary loot is good, I found a couple of AKs and a DMR at stary tents.

And I don't like the mod as much as I did before.

Edited by Sutinen

Well you shouldn't be infected by zombies...that's why the character survived inthe first place...

But complaining about anything else? Did you expect DayZ to be developed into you average jump and run action shooter? If yes you have chosen the wrong game...it will only become worse for your kind if you confuse DayZ with any other shoot everyone in sight game.

It isn't the 'zombie' infection, it's a wound or something else becoming infected. :facepalm:

Do you think everyone would be zombies if the virus was cureable with a simple course of antibiotics?

Edited by mZLY

As I understand it, Rocket has final say on all changes, so the direction is as much his as the devs.

• Like 2

Wrong direction? The mod is going in many different directions last time i looked, so work out the direction you dislike and go in the opposite direction from that :P

Edited by jaytmuk

The good old days eh? OP? when every player you met had a coyote backpack, an AS50 or an M4CCO sd, NVG's, full toolbelt, a thermal sighted weapon in the aforementioned coyote backpack, just in case. The days when zeds were little more than an annoyance, when all you needed to bring yourself back from the brink was 10 cooked meat, those halcyon days when the game was beginning to feel a lot like CoD?

I'm personally very happy with the direction the mod is taking, it's veering more towards the anti-game end of the spectrum and is keeping very close to it's roots, it wobbled a few months ago but I believe it's right back on track.

Edited by (MUC) Feral
  • Like 9

I agree that the mod is not nearly as fun as it used to be. The new changes are supposed to be more realistic, but searching all of Cherno to only find empty cans and maybe if you're lucky some food/drink isn't fun at all. In a real zombie apocalypse this makes sense because those places have probably already been looted, but it's a horrible experience when you take the risk of going into a high-pvp zone because its supposed to have a bunch of loot, and you leave with nothing. When I die on a successful character, I used to just respawn and give it another go, but the new update just makes me want to play something else.

• Like 3

I just joined in on the game, and I have some complaints as well. The mod is fun, but some times I just find myself facepalming at some of the ridiculous "features" it has. I know the whole "If you don't like it you shouldn't play it" adage, but it's not necessarily true. Some people like the concept of the DayZ mod and the way it was before more than the way it is now. And because Dayz is basically the only half decent product of its own concept, these people have no other choice than to play the mod. So, on to my complaints.

1. Infection rate is way too high. You can get punched by a zombie, and all of a sudden, you've been infected. You get an infection from a blood transfusion also, which makes absolutely no sense medically, since people are tested for any kind of sickness before they can donate blood. It's like each character has an immune system of an AIDS patient.

2. Blood loss is also way too high after being hit by a zombie. Losing a lot of blood from a gunshot wound I can understand, but losing up to 200 blood per second from a zombie punching you? Really? That gives you about 30 seconds to get to the nearest building before you reach critical condition, and most of the time you can't reach a building because most of them are just LEGO blocks.

3. You pass out from falling five feet. This is primarily due to ARMA's glitchiness, but if you can do all you've done with DayZ, how could you not fix this? It's a huge glitch that often causes players to die. You might say, "Be more careful, duh." but it's not the player's fault they ran off some steps a little too early. Most of the time it's an accident.

4. Blurry screen on low blood. At the point of having a blurred screen, you are set up for failure. You literally can't see anything. As an alternative for this, I'd prefer to have to crawl because of muscle weakness.

5. Being knocked down. I can't tell you how many times I've been hit on the back and all of a sudden I'm on the ground. Now, I do have to give you guys props for this feature, but it's a bit buggy in my experience. In a few instances I found myself frozen in the same spot being mauled by zombies after standing. I could not move, shoot, etc. I could only stand there raging silently. It's kind of ironic, really. You guys are focused on realism when you don't allow our characters to do what we want them to do (and what they'd do in real life) and haul butt to get away from the zombie munching on them from behind. Instead, our characters slowly assume the prone position and then decide, "Meh, I don't want to get eaten by zombies." and get up at a crawling speed while the players behind the screen are yelling, "MOVE! COME ON!" Please fix the bug to where we can at least stumble away from the zombies.

6. Loot spawn. I once walked a few kilometers to check out a castle. Once I got inside, I saw TONS of zombies. There must be something here, I thought. I went through the whole base in an hour, looking for something. I finally saw some glorious medical tents and barracks. Jackpot. I checked each one of them, hoping one would have the gun I could use to get me out of there. The castle had absolutely no loot. In the 200x230m base, there was nothing.

The DayZ mod is a great game aside from these major flaws. I know you guys want these things to be used possibly as a way to keep stealth as a primary game mechanic, and as a person that has watched a few good games lose it because it didn't keep the mechanics in check, I appreciate that. It's just that there is such thing as enough, you know? The DayZ mod needs to be a little more friendly to newer players that don't play as often and don't have all day to play a game, as well as being more of a game than a "real life scenario".

Thanks for the read!

Edited by openfield
  • Like 2

If you people cant play this because of the way it is, go play CoD zombies or Left 4 Dead. Quit bitching about survival.

You see, theres survival games, games where you fight impossible odds of zombies.

And then there is SURVIVAL games. you do what you can to survive, sneak, search, kill, scavenge,

Look at it this way, this "Direction" things getting hard to find Its been a few years since DayZ came out. now lets put that real-time in Chernarus, yeah,

• Like 2

The DayZ mod is a great game aside from these major flaws. I know you guys want these things to be used possibly as a way to keep stealth as a primary game mechanic, and as a person that has watched a few good games lose it because it didn't keep the mechanics in check, I appreciate that. It's just that there is such thing as enough, you know? The DayZ mod needs to be a little more friendly to newer players that don't play as often and don't have all day to play a game, as well as being more of a game than a "real life scenario".

Thanks for the read!

It might be a tough learning curve , but that's what makes it interesting .

The game should absolutely not cater to the new players , it should crush them , and that's how you will know the game is well balanced .

When veterans can stay alive somewhat consistently , but newbs get smashed , that's the right place to be in my opinion . It's up to you if you want to learn the game or not .

Of course , this is just the pve aspect . There is no way to know how threatening other players may be , until you encounter them , one way or the other .

I do agree the bleeds from zombie hits are a little excessive ( I really do ) , I feel you are pretty unlikely to bleed to death from single bare handed blow . Being torn open while you are unconscious is more likely to cause heavy bleeding .

Edited by Jars
  • Like 1

Being torn open while you are unconscious is more likely to cause heavy bleeding .

Not according to the game:

"When unconscious all damage is reduced to 50 blood for each hit zeds do no matter the part they hit."

Baaaaad design decision, why would you be 10x more likely to survive when unconscious and being attacked? Really not a fan of that. Should be changed.

MjHMVlJ.jpg

• Like 2

It's harsh if being knocked out by zeds is a death sentence , but once you're down and having chunks of flesh torn off , you really are in the dookie .

Perhaps intact clothing could protect you for a few moments , so you can have 10 - 20 seconds of less than full damage , but once they are tasting that sweet flesh , you're boned .

Edited by Jars
  • Like 1

It might be a tough learning curve , but that's what makes it interesting .

The game should absolutely not cater to the new players , it should crush them , and that's how you will know the game is well balanced .

When veterans can stay alive somewhat consistently , but newbs get smashed , that's the right place to be in my opinion . It's up to you if you want to learn the game or not .

Of course , this is just the pve aspect . There is no way to know how threatening other players may be , until you encounter them , one way or the other .

I do agree the bleeds from zombie hits are a little excessive ( I really do ) , I feel you are pretty unlikely to bleed to death from single bare handed blow . Being torn open while you are unconscious is more likely to cause heavy bleeding .

That's a misinterpretation of what I had said. I had said it should be a little more friendly to newer players, not catering to them. By this, I mean adding a little bit more gear for the newer players (flashlight as a standard, as well as at least one band-aid, maybe a can of soda and some beans) but then again, I suppose it's up to the individual servers in the end.

I'm glad we agree on the bleeding issue. (Hehe, that sounds funny) I'm also glad you decided to give me a decent response instead of trying to look like a hardass and call my issues with the game "bitching". You seem like a pretty cool guy, we should Co-op sometime.

Quit crying, play the game or delete it, stop posting useless threads, inb4yard

lol... well I did delete it. And it was because you have to sell you left nut to the devil in order to get the fucking game to work. "not correct version".... oh i didn't check the beta version. well fuck that I will spend my time playing another game...

Thanks Bohemia.

Edited by Guest

It's still a great mod! Last update fucked up many things tho'

Luckily I play on a server where the admin is skilled enough to bypass all that crap (infectionrate, lootspawn, framerate issues etc)

So yeah, big chance I'll keep playing the mod even we SA comes out (at least in the beginning that is)

When Rocket worked on it, we had many funny bugs, but rest of game was awesome. Very well balanced lot table, any weird things. Now I start play it again after month, and I see only bad changes:

• here is not enough ammo. What the hell you removed military ammo and stuff from deer stands?
  • military bases are empty. Here is hard to find good stuff. maybe you can find a weapon, but never not enough ammo
  • I played few hours on two servers - public and private, same dayz version and I was 6 times - SIX TIMES infected. I found 2 antibiotics, of course not enough. In few hours, I was dead twice by infection. No because dirty food or water, just zombies. This is weird and stupid. I was infected even after 2nd zombie hit, 1 min after new respawn/life
  • lot spawns very bad. Even walking I must wait for lot spawn, and sometimes it just not spawning or in place where should be something, is some shit only
  • in hospitals is nothing. I checked few times, was maybe two morphines + something else. With infection rate like this, should be here tons of antibiotics
  • after month break of playing, I had long term character with many players and zombies kills, and full equip. When I logged again last night, my char was dead and I land on the coast again, new life. But this is maybe big problem, but I can deal with it. Other changes makes me angry and sad. It was really great game

I should appreciate your hard work, but I never appreciate when somebody wasting something, even if he hard working on it. Let be honest, you know nothing about balancing gameplay.

1- Because deer stands shouldn't have M4s and AKs spawning at them. They are better suited to spawn civilian grade 'lot'.

2- More than likely someone has already looted it.

3- You are complaining after finding 2 antibiotics? You realise people are giving away pretty good stuff just for some antibiotics? There is a shortage in the medic clans becayse they are so rare. Don't run out into the middle of cities, look around for a bit, decide where to go, and don't dick around in there.

4- That is a bug, I'm pretty sure they fixed it. (?)

5- 'Tons of antibiotics' Would you like to spawn with 5 antibiotics, a FN-FAL, a M9SD, some beans, water, morphine, ammo, some helis and a car or two. DayZ is meant to be unforgiving and difficult. 'the game is 2 harrd i kep dieing plz giv me antibotics 4 lulz i can gte l33t hackrr' Either quit bitching about and play the game properly, or go away.

6- (?) More than likely a bug.

lol... well I did delete it. And it was because you have to sell you left nut to the devil in order to get the fucking game to work. "not correct version".... oh i didn't check the beta version. well fuck that I will spend my time playing another game...

Thanks Bohemia.

Funny, I don't think anyone else is having that problem. Even when errors do pop up, I usually g000gle it and find a fix. I don't come onto forums bitching about it even when the game is in fucking ALPHA, and is a MOD for an ALREADY GLITCHY, UNOPTIMIZED GAME.