Imafighter

Why do you need 12000 blood?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the weapons do the same dmg to you regardless if they hit you in the middle of your chest or only in your toe, and that's why we have 12.000 Blood. Because being hit twice in your arm with a 1911 doesn't immediately kills you IRL. We're sacrificing the realism when being hit in the chest then, as you can survive .308 calibers shots there, twice, as someone already said. But I'm fine the way it is, the character is already retarded enough, we don`t need him to die just for losing a finger.Well he does break a leg to a flippin door

Though, I hope in the standalone the dmg depends on WHERE you have been hit instead of how much dmg the bullet does.

Well lets be honest.

If we started with 4,5k blood, alot of people would not be able to cope.

Also in arma when you have been hit in the arms you can forget about aiming till you visit the medical bay.

That has also been removed, it would be way to frustrating for the less hardcore simulator community.( notice how i did not use the term noobs)

chips? baked? skins? you have to be more descriptive man. WHAT KIND??

To assume your potato self has been prepared or enhanced in some way beyond the base level potato is fantasy.

here>

This is the worst suggestion ever. If everyone only had 4.5 k blood we would be passing out all the time as soon as we spawned

12k blood = 12 units of blood the amount the average human has in the body

Because we originally started at 12,039 and everybody bitched at Rocket.

Personally, I think 11,483 is the obvious, and most medically accurate, choice.

Edited by Drunk in Cherno

Well I hope locational damage can be implemented into the mod. If not, then lets hope its in the standalone.

Because it doesn't matter how much blood you have. We could have 100 blood but zombies only do 1 damage and an m4a1 like 20. Also aside from guns I mean a zombie isn't going to do much damage to you regardless so if you had less blood and zombies did the same damage then they would be like doing 2k blood damage in the current 12k system which would be ridiculous.

ArmaA2 doesn't use blood, so how can one say that an A2 unit has 4500 blood? If there is a Captain Obvious amongst us, please lend me a hand.

Edited by Butt

We have to consider that people generally don't die instantaneously when being shot. I'm pretty sure that's why the blood is what it is. I find it pretty realistic. One .308 to the body usually puts a dude on the ground.

The 12k blood system is unrealistic and stupid. I'm not asking for 4.5k as that isn't perfectly accurate either, but blood level in the 6000-7000 range is significantly more realistic as a start.

It's simply terribly unlikely for someone to survive 2-3 pistol rounds to the chest (let alone 10), or even a single 7.62 round. Hell, a 5.56 isn't healed by a simple bandage either. If the developers want to make the game feel authentic, then perhaps adjusting weapon rarity is the way to go rather than taking ballistics out of proportion.

all true enough.

All projectiles are more effective when hitting organs then muscle tissue.

So in theory one could survive a .30 cal to the chest or shoulder, as long a no organs or major arterys are hit.

Its not so much the loss of bloodpressure wich forces somebody down, more often then not its the pain inflicted from bullets (dpecially pistol ammo).

But since the debilitating aspect of pain is not well modeled.

I feel there aer not enough ways to score a mobility kill in dayz.

Actually testing it out, I found a standard ArmA 2 soldier does not have "about" the equivalent of 4500 blood, like zombies do.

Shooting various soldiers with pistols, I found they could take about 5500 blood damage (11 Skorpion shots, 7 Makarov shots, 4 1911 shots). However when shooting them with rifles, even a single AK-74 or M16 shot would kill them.

So apparently the greater penetration value of the rifle ammunition also allows the ammunition to cause more damage in comparison to the pistols.

ArmaA2 doesn't use blood, so how can one say that an A2 unit has 4500 blood? If there is a Captain Obvious amongst us, please lend me a hand.

He calculated it from A2's damage system. I don't know how it works but every gun has a damage value from 1-15 I believe, and I think an ArmA unit has around 7 of those units. In DayZs programming it calculates that into blood, and then decides how much blood you will lose getting hit. For example, 6 was around 3700 blood if I remember correctly, and thats for M1911 and Revolver. AKM had either 7 or 8, and deals 4500 damage.

Anyway, on the topic, I think they should add the location something damage thingy that someone brought up. If that's not possible in the mod, then at least lower it to 8000 blood. It's pretty damn ridiculous that you have to hit someone 5 times with an AK74 to kill them (and maybe 6 at longer ranges).

Edited by dollon

Shooting various soldiers with pistols, I found they could take about 5500 blood damage (11 Skorpion shots, 7 Makarov shots, 4 1911 shots). However when shooting them with rifles, even a single AK-74 or M16 shot would kill them.

So apparently the greater penetration value of the rifle ammunition also allows the ammunition to cause more damage in comparison to the pistols.

The rifle round has about 600+ deltaV in m/s over the pistol round,

The rifle round has about 600+ deltaV in m/s over the pistol round,

Huh? Yes...

AK-74 is "supposed" to do 2,722 damage, M16 is "supposed" to do 3,555 damage. A soldier can take about 5,500 damage worth of pistol bullets (to the chest) but dies from a single rifle shot which only does about half that figure. An AK-74 doesn't do anywhere near 5,500 damage.

So testing could lead someone to believe a soldier had over 5,500 health (pistols) or under 2,722 health (rifles).

It's still confusing why they can take more damage from pistols. Also I remember now that the 5.45 and 5.56 have the same penetration value as the handgun ammunition. Not sure if penetration has a "typicalSpeed" or not. For whatever reason the rifle damage seems to "get through" more than the pistol damage does.

Pretty sure the 4,500 figure comes from people testing weapons on zombies and assuming zombies ~= ArmA soldiers.