Beck (DayZ)

Reloading Techniques

Do you reload after taking a few shots, or do you wait until you have expended your whole magazine? Maybe you online reload when preparing for combat or when you are safe. Let me know, because I've seen a lot of videos where people end up with 1 round per mag and end up screwing themselves over because of how often they reload their weapons.

Reload after I fire unless It would cost me my head, then it is reload while running away. Bean a habit since Rainbow six.

• Like 1

I always wait for me whole magazine to be expanded. Much more practical.

• Like 1

You can consolidate mags now.

Yeah I'm glad they finally fixed that.

In DayZ I use a full mag (contrary to how I play console shooters where I generally reload after each engagement). I generally play against the environment and not other players and for the most part don't need more than a few rounds at a time.

If I'm in a situation where I will need a full mag I should probably be running anyways...

I like to have a full mag. It makes me feel better about possible engagements. I think its best to have as many rounds ready to go as fast as possible. Before mags could be combined I would swap out used mags for full ones first chance I had.

Since I run semi auto 24/7, I find it more practical just to reload after using an entire magazine. This is contrary to Battlefield, where I end up using almost an entire magazine on one player. Even after they're dead