kumando

So zombies are just a nuisance again in 1.7.7.1

I'm pretty sure the "Infection" is a bacterial infection....not the viral infection causing people to turn into rabid zombles.

The viral infected carry a bacterial infection which is uber-contagious and can kill within hours, yet can be cured with average antibiotics. Hmmmm...

Just seems like it needs to be developed more. Arma is limited so I get that.

My only complaint with 1.7.7 is the infection. I used a vehicle to search for 7 hours straight for antibiotics and the only ones I found were in someone's tent. I checked all of the hospitals multiple times. Antibiotics are not that scarce in real life. Either lower the chance of infection, or increase antibiotic spawn rates.

My only complaint with 1.7.7 is the infection. I used a vehicle to search for 7 hours straight for antibiotics and the only ones I found were in someone's tent. I checked all of the hospitals multiple times. Antibiotics are not that scarce in real life. Either lower the chance of infection, or increase antibiotic spawn rates.

who is that stupid to get bitten deserves to die!

its a damn Infection-outbreak not a walk in the park god damn!

Edited by quattro_ger

who is that stupid to get bitten deserves to die!

its a damn Infection-outbreak not a walk in the park god damn!

Taking a game a bit too serious, aren't we?

• Like 1

The viral infected carry a bacterial infection which is uber-contagious and can kill within hours, yet can be cured with average antibiotics. Hmmmm...

Just seems like it needs to be developed more. Arma is limited so I get that.

no...it's just bacteria...you're gonna get some nasty bacteria from a zombie that hasn't washed in months."uber contagious" they make you bleed...that infection gets in that blood...you're now infected not "uber contagious" also yes it is mostly the arma limitations that make it kill you like that

R4Z0R49 you need to to increase the damage of zeds to at least 3k for hit now that the only zombies that infect you are the viral ones we only need to care about viral zeds now, the game is to easy again imho you should have given 1.7.7 more time.

Yes, zombies are closer to actually following the rules of the game again. With 1.7.7.1 they aren't any longer stacked against the player in an uber-"unrealistic to the game" way that they were.

1.7.7 wasn't more "difficult". It only magnified zomb limitations to a level that impaired the player to a great degree.

1.7.7 was "difficult" in the way that playing solitaire with 46 cards is difficult.

This fix isn't too easy imo. Things are still stacked against the player.

For instance, zombies spawning within hearing range when a gun is fired. Even in mountain areas with one industrial building, I can shoot the one visible zomb and within 5 seconds I have eight of them on me. Are they climbing out of the ground? Are they running 40 miles an hour?

Plenty of zombies camping loot spawns, deer stand ladders, etc. Plenty difficult if you don't yet have any bottles or cans to throw.

• Like 3

Fuck!

RIP 1.7.7 :(

Seriously tho, I actually died to zombies for the first time in at least 10 months. Why did you have to give in to the whiners? People whine after every freaking patch for this game, doesn't mean things should be made easier. Usually a few weeks later people have gotten used to the increased difficulty, I didn't even get a week to enjoy the difficulty. I was feeling like playing dayz tonight, but now I'm just gonna go play some TLR and hope the next hotfix makes things hard again.

BAH!

• Like 2

If the "zombies are now too easy, not like in 1.7.7" people are right, then let's see how many servers will revert back to 1.7.7 where everything was fun and stealthy. Watch how many servers do that over the next few weeks and what the player base for that will be? My bet is not many. In 1.7.7, I have seen every server I regularly play on, over 40, lose players.

Edited by boatie
  • Like 1

If the "zombies are now too easy, not like in 1.7.7" people are right, then let's see how many servers will revert back to 1.7.7 where everything was fun and stealthy. Watch how many servers do that over the next few weeks and what the player base for that will be? My bet is not many. In 1.7.7, I have seen every server I regularly play on, over 40, lose players.

I totally don't care about private hives - they can run dayz with 10000+ weapons and cars at start without zeds.

I more care about official public servers

Taking a game a bit too serious, aren't we?

do it right or don't do it at all!

its just the way i take the game!

where do i insult him that forces your reaction?

deleted text

and, what is your relation to my post and why do you insult me?

Edited by Inception.

That proves nothing. We're contributing to the development by playing it and giving our feedback. I might dislike changes, but I'll never play on an older version.

• Like 1

That proves nothing. We're contributing to the development by playing it and giving our feedback. I might dislike changes, but I'll never play on an older version.

Hard was tested and completely rejected."Awww, waaaaahh! Call the wahbulance, its to hard

I liked the 1.7.7 for the 3/4 hours I got to play it

Im not having a good feeling about the SA

• Like 1

I am not a native English speaker and I apologise for any mistakes made in this post. Remember, this is just my own opinion and I do not persuade anyone to think the same way as me.

First of all, 1.7.7.1 is a hotfix, and some bugs (zombies seeing you from miles away, hitting you from 10-20 metres away, spawning close to you; extremely rare loot) have been successfully fixed. Zombies are still a threat. They are more difficult than they were in 1.7.6.1: you can be infected, but the infection chance is lower now (however, you should avoid the viral zeds as they can infect you easily), zombies run a little bit faster than before, but it's easier to lose them, knockdown chance and animation are more realistic, and, like Cadian412 said,

I think this patch is ok in regards to aggro and trying to lose zombies, which 1.7.7 wasn't. And the infection rate is still high enough (although perhaps a little less ridiculous than in 1.7.7) but it's still very hard to cure (so still needs work).

There does seems to be some buggy behaviour in zombies not hitting you properly. But besides that, it's an improvement on 1.7.7.

The wild spawns were just annoying though. I don't really see the benefit of them. Confining zombies to the vicinity of buildings seemed to be working out pretty well imo.

A lot of the added difficulty from 1.7.7 is still in there (less loot, infection with no cure, knockdowns, infected zeds), it's just that the damage is a little borked, and the bullshit line of sight and hitting from ten feet issues got taken out.

I think the game is more balanced now, and, despite some minor bugs (zombies sometimes glitching through walls (but less than in 1.7.7), "guarding" the loot, not hitting you properly), this patch is a step in the right direction.

@Cadian412: I don't doubt you, but I haven't had any problems finding loot, including food, drinks and ammo for my M1911 :D. Could you tell me what server you played on and how often the server is restarted? I played on different servers (official and unofficial) and I found quite enough loot on all of them. Anyway, I respect you for expressing your own opinion in an intelligent way.

@Kumando.

Yes it super easy now, why the hell do you always listen to carebears? Are you making with them? It sure does everytime you make the game more difficult and people cry you always tend to them...

Man just revert back to 1.7.7 and increse the antibiotics spawn rate a bit and everyone wil be happy, is that so difficult to do?

What did you create this topic for? To whine. Am I wrong? I don't think so. Razor has listened to the community, and it's possible that he spent days on fixing the bugs and glitches and he achieved his goal, but basically you're telling him to revert back to bugged 1.7.7 because, according to you, everything he has done is crap. Why? I might be wrong, but I guess you are one of those spawncampers who like to not let fresh spawns leave the coast or one of those glitchers who like duping stuff (items and characters). By the way, you are not everyone.

My final point: Adapt. When this game first came out, people thought it was far too difficult. About a year later, people where complaining that it was too easy and needed to be harder. Now it's back to being too hard. Stop bitching, get back in the game, and adapt. The methods you are using and have been using no longer work, so change them. ... Hope this helps!

Well said. As I can see, you gave them some beans (you liked the post). Why don't you follow their advice? It seems like you tell everyone to adapt only when you're statisfied. Who is the real carebear here?

• Like 1

@Cadian412: I don't doubt you, but I haven't had any problems finding loot, including food, drinks and ammo for my M1911 :D. Could you tell me what server you played on and how often the server is restarted? I played on different servers (official and unofficial) and I found quite enough loot on all of them. Anyway, I respect you for expressing your own opinion in an intelligent way.

@Kumando.

Oh, no problem really. I was playing on some german server yesterday that had most of the necessities. The only thing I didn't find was canned food, except on zombies who have a pretty high chance of holding the stuff. Nothing problematic in that area really, but maybe something can be increased in the future so people are less dependant on finding knives/matches or having to kill tons of zombies. But that's just my experience, might have been bad luck.

Loot is just not as ridiculous anymore, especially the higher grade stuff, as it used to be before 1.7.7. Which is a good thing.

Edited by Cadian412

Oh, no problem really. I was playing on some german server yesterday that had most of the necessities. The only thing I didn't find was canned food, except on zombies who have a pretty high chance of holding the stuff. Nothing problematic in that area really, but maybe something can be increased in the future so people are less dependant on finding knives/matches or having to kill tons of zombies. But that's just my experience, might have been bad luck.

Loot is just not as ridiculous anymore, especially the higher grade stuff, as it used to be before 1.7.7. Which is a good thing.

That's strange. I play on German servers running 1.7.7.1 and I usually find enough food, even in low value residential buildings. Perhaps you should try joining a server which is restarted every 4 or 3 hours. It is also possible that the server you were playing on had different loot tables.

I've heard others complain about the lack of loot in-game but don't see it much on the boards. Am I the only one around finding it impossible to survive ? I can run through 20 buildings, including hospitals and apartments and not see 1 piece of loot other than empty cans.

My ping is usually around 25, but my FPS rarely goes above 30. I don't know if this is the problem, but I find the 1.7.7 and hotfix impossible to survive in beyond the loaded food, or infection, since it seems there is no way for me to find a hunting knife, matches, hatchet, food or antibiotics.

Could it be the servers I'm on ? I don't know what else to do but to uninstall the patches and find servers not running them.

I think they just have to accept (the devs that is) that whichever way they go regarding difficulty that some people won't be happy with it.

You missed our point about the patch. IT WAS NOT THE "DIFFICULTY".

Trying to knock a brick house down with my head is "difficult". But it makes no sense to try and do so.

The patch was UNBALANCED. The amount of "die hard" fanboys professing love for an unbalanced playing experience is delusional.

Zombies in tanks would be more difficult as well!

For example, we still have zombies camping loot spawns. Or glitched around loot spawns, e.g. I saw a zombie spinning around a deer stand ladder.

Why would a zombie decide to sleep on a couple of tin cans when there is a whole field of nice soft grass nearby?

Is this more "difficult" as you say? Probably. Does it make sense in the game world? No. Especially around player spawns, when you don't have any cans to throw.

A game needs to be balanced...NOT EASY...balanced. Upping infection WHILE downgrading anti-b spawns was contrived. And that is just one example.

We aren't "crybabies"...we are realists who voiced our opinions about unfair gameplay. NOT DIFFICULT GAMEPLAY. UNFAIR GAMEPLAY. There IS a way to make a game harder without "breaking rules". If I wanted to fight superheroes or supernatural foes, I'd play a Marvel or DC fighting game.

I agree with a lot the patch TRIED of INTENDED to do. But there were...THERE WERE...problems with the result. So if you are unhappy, do what the fanboys were telling US to do with 1.7.7..."GO BACK AND PLAY AN EARLIER VERSION AND STOP CRYING."

Wanting an unfair game experience because it is more "difficult" as you say, doesn't make one "hardcore" or a "real dayz fan", it just makes you a glutton for punishment IMO.

Edited by need matches
  • Like 3

You missed our point about the patch. IT WAS NOT THE "DIFFICULTY".

Trying to knock a brick house down with my head is "difficult". But it makes no sense to try and do so.

The patch was UNBALANCED. The amount of "die hard" fanboys professing love for an unbalanced playing experience is delusional.

Zombies in tanks would be more difficult as well!

For example, we still have zombies camping loot spawns. Or glitched around loot spawns, e.g. I saw a zombie spinning around a deer stand ladder.

Why would a zombie decide to sleep on a couple of tin cans when there is a whole field of nice soft grass nearby?

Is this more "difficult" as you say? Probably. Does it make sense in the game world? No. Especially around player spawns, when you don't have any cans to throw.

A game needs to be balanced...NOT EASY...balanced. Upping infection WHILE downgrading anti-b spawns was contrived. And that is just one example.

We aren't "crybabies"...we are realists who voiced our opinions about unfair gameplay. NOT DIFFICULT GAMEPLAY. UNFAIR GAMEPLAY. There IS a way to make a game harder without "breaking rules". If I wanted to fight superheroes or supernatural foes, I'd play a Marvel or DC fighting game.

I agree with a lot the patch TRIED of INTENDED to do. But there were...THERE WERE...problems with the result. So if you are unhappy, do what the fanboys were telling US to do with 1.7.7..."GO BACK AND PLAY AN EARLIER VERSION AND STOP CRYING."

Wanting an unfair game experience because it is more "difficult" as you say, doesn't make one "hardcore" or a "real dayz fan", it just makes you a glutton for punishment IMO.

you have ever seen a Zombie-movie or 28 day/weeks later?

where is the apocalypse "balanced"?

this is not team fortress or counter-strike where two even teams fight each other!

the first time after "respawn" is supposed to be the hardest!

as if the world you live on would be "balanced": the two gulf-wars - balanced? the food on the world - balanced? the richness - balanced? HELL NO! WAKE UP! Why in the world would be the apocalypse be balanced?

the Infected do not sleep on a couple of tin cans - they are ideling and suprisingly where they are are tin-cans.

and i tell you whjat i tell all COD-Kiddies who are serching for an easy killcount: this is not deathmatch, it is not ment to be balanced, it is not ment to be easy and the mainargument IT IS NOT MENT TO BE FAIR!

Commenting to get my view in. I'm playing 1.7.7 only now. On my own server with a partner, no PvP. Server is set to 1.7.6 vanilla loot/spawns. He wants to revert to 1.7.6, but that's just way too easy with no PvP. Server won't run 1.7.7.1 yet, so haven't tried it.

We're basically training before we go on public servers. Have maybe 20 hours play time together so far, half 1.7.6, half 1.7.7, but I have another 6-8 hours sneaking around on public servers gearing up there for when we go "real world." That was all 1.7.6. Zombies were just background noise, I think everybody agrees. I was quickly killed, still unarmed, first time in by a new-spawn murderer. Next time in I died because of blood loss because I couldn't find matches. I got geared third time in, so that character is set up.

So we played 10 hours 1.7.6 and I could feel the boredom setting in with no PvP. The fun was learning the controls and map.

The 10 hours at 1.7.7 is pretty stupid, because of infection rate. You can't survive long unless you just camp the woods and stay away from zombies. If that's what you like to do, then 1.7.7 is for you. The only reason we can still play on 1.7.7 is no PvP, and we have cars to mow over zombies. Mowing over zombies is boring as hell, but that's what we have to do to loot in 1.7.7 to avoid infection.

Infection has been a death sentence. At the very beginning of the 10 hours of playing 1.7.7 we found 2 anti-biotics in the Cherno grocery. Haven't found any since, and blood bags are scarce. Wouldn't be impossible if any of various elements were tweaked a bit. More anti-biotics, slower blood loss from infection, etc. Also want medicine to suppress coughing. Robitussin maybe.

Pretty sure 1.7.7.1 is better, but heard it needs tweaking/fixing. I want zombies to pose a real threat, whether by direct melee blows or infection. But infection can't be a 99% death sentence, no matter how else zombies are nerfed. Maybe 50/50 chance of death from infection. We'll see how further tweaking goes. And I want cough medicine - I want it badly. The coughing drives me crazy, and I start panicking. Not really. I just calmly suicide to get rid of the cough.

BTW, we check EVERYWHERE for loot.

Edited by Vicco

arma2 never was profitable until Dayz showed up. Armas old sister VBS was and is profitable

Are you serious? Arma 2 was not profitable until dayz? What a dumb ass thing to say, do you even think before you type?
  • Like 2

arma2 never was profitable until Dayz showed up. Armas old sister VBS was and is profitable

was VBS ever purchased on the civilian marked? i guess not.

and arma2 was profitable. same as arma and OFP Cold war crysis.

do you think they would have started programming arma3 without success? and they started the programming of arma3 way far in front of the DayZ release!

Are you serious? Arma 2 was not profitable until dayz? What a dumb ass thing to say, do you even think before you type?

Woah woah woah easy there, no need for this to turn into a flame war.

Anyways, the zeds need to be a equal threat again within the game. Right now, with the bugs and the design of the mod, its not quite there. What I have my fingers crossed is that with the SA they can be more of a threat with them being a bigger and more common threat once most of the issues are sorted out with them. If I remeber correctly, the devs did say there were working on the zeds to be more in numbers (or something to that effect),

Play nice.

• Like 1

Just because some people want DayZ to be more punishing doesn't mean they're wrong or should be talked down. We're all free to decide how we like our video games and voice our opinions when things aren't the way we like.

I'm really fucking sick and tired of this whole "hardcore" or "real dayz fan" etc bullshit. It's such a stupid notion that people would want to turn a video game into something more difficult just because they feel they would be more hardcore because of it. That's just messed up logic.

I personally want a difficult dayz because I feel like difficulty in games has gone downhill over the years. Difficulty in mainstream games these days usually means a frustratingly annoying amount of aim bot type AI who player faster than a human can. In other words, they stack the odds against you, and you have very little hope of victory.

Think about a Call of Duty or Battlefield game. Is it humanly possible to complete a campaign for those games on the highest difficulty without ever being shot? Obviously no, because they spawn enemies behind you and shoot through objects like they weren't there. That's the difficulty we get these days.

Then there's DayZ, where the difficulty isn't having the deck stacked against you, it's the severity of the punishment when you screw up. But, that's the great part, YOU have to screw up to feel the difficulty. If your a perfect player, it'll seem easy, if you make lots of mistakes, the game will feel like it's WAY too hard and impossible.

My point is, while DayZ might be impossibly hard to some people, someone somewhere can overcome the odds and be victorious.

Sorry, I doubt that made any sense, but it did in my head.