r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

Someone mension fishing? :o

I swear... if there is no fishing in the Alpha

Edited by codestargod

* [REMOVED] - Removed ArmA 2 squad command menu (0-9 or F1-F12)

R4z0r, I think I'm falling in love with you (and all the other devs involved). I'm speechless.Seriously keep it up.

• Like 1

R4Z0R49 what about a new infection sistem thats in WIP, and was annouced for 1.7.*

how that progresing?

R4Z0R49 what about a new infection sistem thats in WIP, and was annouced for 1.7.*

how that progresing?

Its still being done we are trying to decide whats system is going to be best.

• Like 3

I have concerns with the first post with all of the Dayz 1.7.7.1 files that can be downloaded, and I am hoping that someone can clear this up.

I have setup the above files for the Dayz Server, and I have noticed that it connects to a database at the address 173.208.122.66 instead of my IP Addess which is 173.212.91.210, and own mysql database. Now I have done some digging, and the information which is attached to the address belongs to Mister Collins Daniel who has been implicated in a Romance Scam. Here is the link: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38055&p=198004

Now if you Google the IP address: 173.208.122.66 (which Dayz is saving it's database info too) you will see this...

pic1.JPG

Here is a portion of my HiveExt.log

2013-08-30 05:34:29 HiveExt: [Information] HiveExt ce45a1f7524c2013-08-30 05:34:30 Database: [Information] Connected to MySQL database 173.208.122.66:3306/hivemind client ver: 5.5.28 server ver: 5.5.31-0ubuntu0.12.04.12013-08-30 05:34:31 Database: [Information] Connected to MySQL database 173.208.122.66:3306/hivemind client ver: 5.5.28 server ver: 5.5.31-0ubuntu0.12.04.1

Did you fall prey to this young fellow's advances in the past? Only then should you be worried.

My advice would be to try not to get too hot and bothered with this Casanova's latest online activities. ;)

Edited by codestargod

Did you fall prey to this young fellow's advances in the past? Only then should you be worried.

My advice would be to try not to get too hot and bothered with this Casanova's latest online activities. ;)

Haaa... no, I didn't even know about this guy until now. I don't know, until I can figure this out I can't run the server. I'm not understanding why it is even going to his database. I haven't seen that before when I run DayZ Overwatch, Sahrani, Panthera, Breaking Point. I run all of those servers, and not a hiccup, or even a how do you do to that IP address.

Edited by Mikesla

I have a question, how is fishing going to work in DayZ?

I seen some footage in the arma 2's city life and how players hold and "animate" the fishing techniques is terrible.

* [uPDATED] - Removed non SD mags from SD weapons, Removed SD mags from non SD weapons. (weapon configs)

Wow, small change, big impact. This will make the game much, much harder.

• Like 1

So you are telling us that you prefer abusing the bug where you are not heard by zombies while shooting with SD mags with no-SD weapons? Seriously?

SD weapons needs to be very rare, this is so obvious imho.

Edited by Red Pyr4mid
  • Like 1

So you are telling us that you prefer abusing the bug where you are not heard by zombies while shooting with SD mags with no-SD weapons? Seriously?

SD weapons needs to be very rare, this is so obvious imho.

No, I said I use the SD ammo for non SD guns. The bug is completly irrelevant for me, because I get spotted anyway.

I have a question, how is fishing going to work in DayZ?

I seen some footage in the arma 2's city life and how players hold and "animate" the fishing techniques is terrible.

For now like everything else you kneel down and so on. However this is just temp we have a new system coming in to replace pretty much all systems that would require an animation where we just use kneel down.

I'm not going to give you any more info about that just now but we hope to have them in in the next few versions or at least start getting them added.

• Like 2

For now like everything else you kneel down and so on. However this is just temp we have a new system coming in to replace pretty much all systems that would require an animation where we just use kneel down.

I'm not going to give you any more info about that just now but we hope to have them in in the next few versions or at least start getting them added.

I understand. Thanks for clarifying in details that won't expose the feature too much :)

This is a bug? I always thought about it as a feature. So, yes, I am serious. I think it was a pretty nice thing to not attract more zombies, but be heard by other players.

Edit: The changelog calls it * [uPDATED], not * [FIXED], so I think it wasn't a bug, right?

Edited by Fussel
  • Like 2

This is a bug? I always thought about it as a feature. So, yes, I am serious. I think it was a pretty nice thing to not attract more zombies, but be heard by other players.

Edit: The changelog calls it * [uPDATED], not * [FIXED], so I think it wasn't a bug, right?

To be fair it says updated because you can't abuse the bug anymore, if it was fixed the bug wouldn't exist anymore.

To be fair it says updated because you can't abuse the bug anymore, if it was fixed the bug wouldn't exist anymore.

[mumble] Fair is foul, and foul is fair: Hover through the fog and filthy air.[/mumble]

Well, I still think it was a good thing for balanced gameplay, especially for lone wolves. Anyway, we'll adapt to the changes, as we alway do. Change is permanent. See you all in hell the debug plaines.

Yeah what ever change, players will adapt to it. But I wander when they will do away with SD ammo althogether and make all ammo rare.

Edited by Vector636

I think is scheduled to being released tomorrow from reading dev changelog. If you wanna try it there are also 2 testserves open for all: one in US from BMRF.me and one EU from TMW.com.

I think is a really outstanding update R4Z0R49 but I believe there are some duping issues with Carry slot and if that was intended for carrying only melee wep actually there is a trick to pick 2 main weapons:

e.g. 1 => rifle (AKM), 2 => pistol, 3 => melee DMR.

Maybe a little OP if not fixed.

Edited by Red Pyr4mid
  • Like 1

Duping is always a pain in my ass. Ill pass this over to the guys to look at Thanks.