r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

To be honest i have to problem with the patch as it is. I mean concerning infection rate and loot spawning. The only thing that I can say completely gets on my nerves is the fact that when you are in a vehicle that nothing spawns until you exit said vehicle. I wish that would be taken back.

• Like 1

I like the ideas being put forward..But, why not fix the infection rate, spawn rates and tents a month ago with a quick patch ?

Then add this stuff now or whenever whoever gets off their buttz to approve...

Not sure where you have been over the past year but as we have said 5 million times now WE DO NOT CONTROL THE RELEASE. 

Check other topics and may learn the reason. Start with the rolling change log.

To be honest i have to problem with the patch as it is. I mean concerning infection rate and loot spawning. The only thing that I can say completely gets on my nerves is the fact that when you are in a vehicle that nothing spawns until you exit said vehicle. I wish that would be taken back.

This will not be changed.

Its not a game breaker or anything i just don't like it.

Well, especially if you take a bicycle.. I was driving around with one of these in order to repair an offroad and I needed to stop about 200 meters in front of every town, then walk in, look for things and then run back to the bicycle. But it gets worse.. Imagine you're planning a raid on the airfield with a couple of friends, you're driving on the airfield, let your friends get out and then nothing spawned.. you know, you're risking getting spotted by bandits or other groups of surviver and then get nothing in reward..

• Like 1

This argument is old bro, get over it. Time to adapt to change its really not that hard.

Normally I'd be the one to say this, but not this time. It's ridiculous. In the normal mod, infection rates are unrealistically high, (though someone in a recent post here said they were bugged that way?), as well as bleeding rates being ridiculously high.

Also it's clear the loot was ridiculously broken after some simple research by my server code and mod team. Let's start from the top after unpacking the files. When a player enters an area, the server allows a maximum of 80 loot spawn piles to have a chance of being populated around said player. Next, taking each of those 80 piles of loot, there is a 67% chance they will even have anything in them. One step further, the chance of trash being what spawns in those piles if they end up spawning something is fairly high depending on the type of building, 60% in industrial for one example. The issue with nothing spawning ever came from a performance issue/cleanup script that blocks having too many objects around the player or on the actual server.  This script is roughly 8 lines of code and is called "Too_Many_Objects", a function. Basically, this function is triggered when the tickrate, how many times a second the server calculates where things are like bullets and people, drops too low. An example of this is when you shoot someone in the head, you know it was a direct hit, but nothing happens. When the tickrate drops too low, this triggers the function which begins to block and disable objects from spawning to save on performance. The threshold is quite low and breaks servers quite often. This function is the real problem and needs to be adjusted or removed or something, because it just flat out breaks loot spawns and even zombie spawns. 

• Like 5

Well, especially if you take a bicycle.. I was driving around with one of these in order to repair an offroad and I needed to stop about 200 meters in front of every town, then walk in, look for things and then run back to the bicycle. But it gets worse.. Imagine you're planning a raid on the airfield with a couple of friends, you're driving on the airfield, let your friends get out and then nothing spawned.. you know, you're risking getting spotted by bandits or other groups of surviver and then get nothing in reward..

I agree but i guess it does add to the risk factor of the game, This way you don't have one or two guys rolling in and grabbing all the good loot. There needs to be some sort of strategy behind it. On the other hand since no zombies spawn either it can give away your position if someone is overhead in a heli and you're on foot.

Normally I'd be the one to say this, but not this time. It's ridiculous. In the normal mod, infection rates are unrealistically high, (though someone in a recent post here said they were bugged that way?), as well as bleeding rates being ridiculously high.

Also it's clear the loot was ridiculously broken after some simple research by my server code and mod team. Let's start from the top after unpacking the files. When a player enters an area, the server allows a maximum of 80 loot spawn piles to have a chance of being populated around said player. Next, taking each of those 80 piles of loot, there is a 67% chance they will even have anything in them. One step further, the chance of trash being what spawns in those piles if they end up spawning something is fairly high depending on the type of building, 60% in industrial for one example. The issue with nothing spawning ever came from a performance issue/cleanup script that blocks having too many objects around the player or on the actual server.  This script is roughly 8 lines of code and is called "Too_Many_Objects", a function. Basically, this function is triggered when the tickrate, how many times a second the server calculates where things are like bullets and people, drops too low. An example of this is when you shoot someone in the head, you know it was a direct hit, but nothing happens. When the tickrate drops too low, this triggers the function which begins to block and disable objects from spawning to save on performance. The threshold is quite low and breaks servers quite often. This function is the real problem and needs to be adjusted or removed or something, because it just flat out breaks loot spawns and even zombie spawns. 

Sounds to me that you just don't like the fact that you have to actually put some work into finding what you need. Here you go 42-18874259.jpg

I'm not quite familiar with Arma 2 engine, but I have a question:

/*%FSM<LINK "too_many_objects">*/
class too_many_objects
{
priority = 2.000000;
to="cleanup_objects";
precondition = /*%FSM<CONDPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</CONDPRECONDITION""">*/;
condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"((diag_tickTime - _timeNem) > 60)"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
action=/*%FSM<ACTION""">*/"_timeNem = diag_tickTime;"/*%FSM</ACTION""">*/;
};
/*%FSM</LINK>*/

60 = 60 seconds or 60 minutes?

Sounds to me that you just don't like the fact that you have to actually put some work into finding what you need. Here you go 42-18874259.jpg

Sounds to me like you can't do simple reading comprehension. Come back when you have something meaningful to contribute. 

I'm not quite familiar with Arma 2 engine, but I have a question:

class too_many_objects
{
priority = 2.000000;
to="cleanup_objects";
condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"((diag_tickTime - _timeNem) > 60)"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
};
/*%FSM</LINK>*/

60 = 60 seconds or 60 minutes?

The 60 is the problem value I spoke of. When the TICKRATE value [minus] the _timeNem is greater than 60, it triggers the problem script to begin removing objects from the map. This leads servers to do the familiar No loot or no zombie spawning issue that requires a restart to fix. The best fix I would recommend short of removing the script altogether is to change the 60 value to something much higher, such as 3600. This way, the script only activates when something is really REALLY dragging the server down. Though if the server gets that slow, a restart would be much more effective than letting the script stay active for too long. With the value that high, the script itself should rarely ever activate and the loot and zombies and all other spawning objects will function normally. This is what it looks like in my mission file:

class too_many_objects
        {
          priority = 2.000000;
          to="cleanup_objects";
          condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"((diag_tickTime - _timeNem) > 3600)"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
        };
/*%FSM</LINK>*/

I never have problems with spawn breaking anymore with that change. 
  • Like 1

Personal Experience

Twice now Ive picked up on the dayz mod since yet again the SA has had further delays and here is how it went.

First time respawning since losing my fully geared Ghilli NVG 7 Antibiotic 27 day survivor.

I joined a server with approx. 30 people.  Spawned just east of Cherno.  Made my way as quickly as possible down the road towards Cherno, hitting a few of the residentials along the way... I spent very little time in Cherno just checked a few buildings as I ran through.  Came across a corpse with a hatchet and a Czech Backpack, and a couple food and drink, BONUS!

Left Cherno and continued west towards Balota, once I made it to the medical tents I waited a few minutes to see if there was any action, and seemed safe.  So I ran into the tents quickly, found an AK with a mag and an Antibiotic..... BONUS!

I started my run north after that checked out the Balota AF on my way and found a map~!  BONUS!

Set my waypoint to green mountain, and started the run.  Made it to Green Mountain and found nothing, so I continued on my way through the fields towards Vybor.  Checked out the grocery store and Residentals, and found a tent.

Wow good run so far.

Continued out of Vybor towards the NWAF.  Hit up the south west HV Military, found nothing of use and had to waste a few zombies that saw me run in.  It got a little hairy, and since I only had one clip on my AK I just ran past them in the hallway and into the woods.  I was bleeding but had bandages so I fixed myself up and deduced "Until I have more ammo, being in the barracks probably isn't safe"  So I thought it would be easier to run over the the hangers and find some ammo or a different gun.

Took two steps out of the forest and BAM.

MK240 to my head.

Respawned in electro, hit up every building of value there.  Managed to find a M14Aim with two clips, a revolver with two clips, 2 food, 2 pepsi, a GPS, an assault pack, and a few other goodies.  I am now about 10 minutes out from Stary Sobor and looking good.

Anyhow... don't see what all the QQ about loot is for, just keep moving around it is there.

That is my testimony.

Cant wait for the SA guys please make it happen! )

• Like 1

This will not be changed.

Thats a shame, I thought the zombies (or infected) of the update before 1.7.7 were fantastic. They run straight towards you, more or less, and really started to have a serious threat about them which was balanced with the fact they were much much smoother and hence easier to target and take down, but if they got you at all you had troubles. They really started to fucntion well in my opinion. The fact they spawned while you drove around in your vehicle was amazing. It made you have those moments of "I Think I might just drive on through this town", with a bunch of screaming lunatics spewing from houses and sheds and streets alike. The best part and feature I had seen in a long time was the "wandering zombies (of infected)" or "WIld Zombies" (or infected), it gave you that sense that no where was safe at all and indeed that great image of the few lonely dead walking slowly over the hill or through a field towards you, really added somthing to the feel of the world. I dont think the zombies needed changing at all from the previous update. I trully hope to see them spawn while driving in my car, perhaps somtime in the future, and instead of taking out the 'wandering" zombies, maybe add more. I understand there must be comprimise when adding new content, but to remove these two amazing features seems to take away from the game, rather than add to it. Just my thoughts. Keep up the good work folks and lets all hope the Standalone will hit soon.  

Edited by BlackDalia

Personal Experience

Twice now Ive picked up on the dayz mod since yet again the SA has had further delays and here is how it went.

First time respawning since losing my fully geared Ghilli NVG 7 Antibiotic 27 day survivor.

I joined a server with approx. 30 people.  Spawned just east of Cherno.  Made my way as quickly as possible down the road towards Cherno, hitting a few of the residentials along the way... I spent very little time in Cherno just checked a few buildings as I ran through.  Came across a corpse with a hatchet and a Czech Backpack, and a couple food and drink, BONUS!

Left Cherno and continued west towards Balota, once I made it to the medical tents I waited a few minutes to see if there was any action, and seemed safe.  So I ran into the tents quickly, found an AK with a mag and an Antibiotic..... BONUS!

I started my run north after that checked out the Balota AF on my way and found a map~!  BONUS!

Set my waypoint to green mountain, and started the run.  Made it to Green Mountain and found nothing, so I continued on my way through the fields towards Vybor.  Checked out the grocery store and Residentals, and found a tent.

Wow good run so far.

Continued out of Vybor towards the NWAF.  Hit up the south west HV Military, found nothing of use and had to waste a few zombies that saw me run in.  It got a little hairy, and since I only had one clip on my AK I just ran past them in the hallway and into the woods.  I was bleeding but had bandages so I fixed myself up and deduced "Until I have more ammo, being in the barracks probably isn't safe"  So I thought it would be easier to run over the the hangers and find some ammo or a different gun.

Took two steps out of the forest and BAM.

MK240 to my head.

Respawned in electro, hit up every building of value there.  Managed to find a M14Aim with two clips, a revolver with two clips, 2 food, 2 pepsi, a GPS, an assault pack, and a few other goodies.  I am now about 10 minutes out from Stary Sobor and looking good.

Anyhow... don't see what all the QQ about loot is for, just keep moving around it is there.

That is my testimony.

Cant wait for the SA guys please make it happen! )

The issue with the script does not effect every server, as some clearly run more efficiently than others. However private servers that prefer to have many vehicles or run many custom scripts, such as self-bloodbagging or NPC survivors or take clothes etc. i've found are effected by this at the very least on somewhat occasion, and especially when the population begins climbing. I'm only offering people a solution to a problem if they actually have it, and if they choose to do something about it. If not, that's okay. 

Edited by strider77

The issue with the script does not effect every server, as some clearly run more efficiently than others. However private servers that prefer to have many vehicles or run many custom scripts, such as self-bloodbagging or NPC survivors or take clothes etc. i've found are effected by this at the very least on somewhat occasion, and especially when the population begins climbing. I'm only offering people a solution to a problem if they actually have it, and if they choose to do something about it. If not, that's okay. 

Or they could quit trying to change the game and how it was intended to be played.

• Like 1

Or they could quit trying to change the game and how it was intended to be played.

The DayZ community in a nutshell: "If you don't play it the way I like it, get the hell out."

• Like 2

Basically, this function is triggered when the tickrate, how many times a second the server calculates where things are like bullets and people, drops too low. 

What are you talking about? diag_ticktime is just the clock (the most precise clock we have). It starts at 0 when the local game engine starts, and has a 1 second increment, whatever the server load is. Here, the piece of code is called every 60 seconds.

What are you talking about? diag_ticktime is just the clock (the most precise clock we have). It starts at 0 when the local game engine starts, and has a 1 second increment, whatever the server load is. Here, the piece of code is called every 60 seconds.

Ticrate is something you'd find in a FPS game server (think Counter Strike, Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead) where each client is rendering frames, and the server is also rendering frames.  The tickrate describes how many snapshots, or "ticks", per second the server is rendering.  The higher the tickrate, the more snapshots of the world the server is taking--so a higher tickrate in a Valve game is often looked at as higher performance as it (in theory) would be allowing more precision for each bullet fired, each step a player takes, etc.

I am unsure why it's being discussed here...

Edited by TG ! Jimmy

Now I appeared in the debug area. Tried to die, reconnecting does not help.
With the appearance in the debug area missing icons with food and drink, etc. No sound.
How to fix it?

Still no update on the latest patch?

Not just yet we hope to have the change-log with rocket within the next few dayz for 1.7.8 we are pretty much waiting on crafting recipes and models. While we are waiting i'm redoing a few of the weapon configs to remove SD mags from non SD weapons and none SD mags from SD weapons.

We are also redoing the hole loot system to make the loot a little more random so seeing a empty tin-can in a pile does not mean the hole pile is trash and you will no longer see two items of the same type within each loot pile. So no more 2 sets of flares, 2 chem-lights, 2 cokes and so on.

Also finishing up fishing and silly stuff like players switching seats while in a helicopter (back seat, gunner, pilot).

• Like 11

We are also redoing the hole loot system to make the loot a little more random so seeing a empty tin-can in a pile does not mean the hole pile is trash and you will no longer see two items of the same type within each loot pile. So no more 2 sets of flares, 2 chem-lights, 2 cokes and so on.

Does that include ammo?

Can't wait for the new patch... <3 you guys

we are pretty much waiting on crafting recipes and models

so will we be able to craft our own ammunition and bandages in the future pullleeeeze?

Edited by codestargod

Sorry if this question is out of place here, but did not want to start a whole new thread on it. Was just going to ask, R4zor do you think there will ever be different zombie animations brought into the mod in the future?

Not just yet we hope to have the change-log with rocket within the next few dayz for 1.7.8 we are pretty much waiting on crafting recipes and models. While we are waiting i'm redoing a few of the weapon configs to remove SD mags from non SD weapons and none SD mags from SD weapons.

Also finishing up fishing and silly stuff like players switching seats while in a helicopter (back seat, gunner, pilot).

Oh ok, cool. Thank you for that update.  :)

Edited by American Ninja