r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

Is infection still in the game? I wont be playing until it is gone or antibiotic spawns are common. All that kept happening was you'd get tagged from like 10m away, oh look I have infection, well I'll vault off the nearest tall building and run back to get my stuff.

It just isn't fun.

Zombies can't hit from 10m away anymore, and infection is less common. Just don't let the infected zombies hit you and you'll be fine.

Do the zombies still fucking spawn inside buildings and don't move out?

Yes.

Edited by Cadian412

Well i'm lost just now i don't have 100 new posts every time i hit refresh wtf is going on. So what to do with my free time .... hum .... oh yea idle zeds :-)

that's because everyone's playing :D

I love all the people who trash talk people who understand the difference between UNREALISTIC and HARDER.

I am pretty sure 99% of the people who didnt like the patch due to its ridiculous unrealistic characteristics that result in the game being more challenging, would WELCOME more challenge if it made sense. But many characteristics of the patch just didnt make sense and make the game just silly instead of harder.

All points have been stated in this thread already but just sick of the "oh great you listened to the carebears" posts.

Great job DEV team in reacting, only a couple more hotfix's and the game should be in good shape.

And I was one of those people that disagreed with your flawed opinion. You assume that we don't care about how authentic the game is, and you assume wrongly. It was and still is in my opinion that the increased difficulty on it's OWN increased immersion. This is a Zombie apocalypse, and it's mindblowing how easy it is to survive, given that. And there are still people complaining about getting infected and dying? No wonder there were complaints before, apparently people try to let the game play itself and stand still so the zombies can hit them. Pathetic.

But, fine. The devs have spoken, the last patch was unrealistic, etc etc, it's fixed now, so let's increase difficulty REALISTICALLY this time. So, Cadian412, JPWiser, and all you other realism fans, how about some suggestions on how we can increase difficulty while maintaining authenticity? Apparently we're not allowed to make it harder to lose Zombies. That's 'tedious', you see. <sarcasm> Don't want our apocalypse to be too tedious. Oh, also, we can't make infection too common, then people just start killing themselves. Nevermind that they could stay alive with an infection for nearly an hour and a half, or waay waaay more if fed. That's irrelevant, I guess. Oh, we can't increase knockdown chance, because then people think it's unfair. Can't increase range, because that's unrealistic... We're running out of stats here, guys.

How odd. :/ </sarcasm>

• Like 1

I would like to post my honest feedback about the latest hotfix for the patch 1.7.7

The zombie behaviour, in my opinion, was my biggest concern when the patch first came out. The changes with the distribution/rarity of the loot, the introduction of the infection feature as well all the other details added to the mod helped, all in all, to create a better sense of imersion and challenge, but all means little to nothing if the zombie movement, detection and density isn't properly adjusted; and I may say adjusted within the limits of what the arma II engine can provide to the modders.

Of course, some people will say "But the real threat is the players!" and let me explain my point of view: the zombie is the means of an end. It is one of the obstacles between you and the loot, directly and indirectly, by indicating your presence to aware players which would love to ambush you, after all your hard work taking the risks to get all that good stuff. So, this lead us for what I may call the real sense of accomplishing a mission, when it comes by looting a city and get away from there safetly.

This often brings some kind of planning, even in a rudimentar way: looking out for a reseonable route, making use of distracting itens for managing the zombies's positions and, finally, when in need of escape, an efficient way to disorient the zombies. So, the zombie behaviour is crucial in this point, its a tricky and gentle balance between having the zombies too sensitive or too distracted which leads, respectively, to a frustated or bored player. Easier said than done, that's for sure, but I may say that on this last hotfix the mod team went a little bit closer to the sweet point. Actually I think that, after the mod team solve the performance issues with the zombies spawning in the wild (putting back that lovely feature), the game will move even more towards that sweet point; this kind of unpredictability, with the zombie behaviour as well with the players decisions/movements as a whole, is absolutely one of the things that I most aprecciate in this game; so many combinations of factors that can lead to some really awesome situations.

At last, but not the least, the infection situation. Well, having accomplished a better behaviour by the zombies, being infected became much more a cause by the negligence of the player than by the design choices of the game. Also, by using a combination of factors to obtain a prevention or cure for the disease is a great idea! It's encourage more exploration, mostly towards the equipment necessary for everything to work out, which by extent helps to spread out the players on Chernarus.

All in all, I would like to say that I really aproved the work done so far, especially to the considerations in the latest hotfix. I had a real blast playing in that one bmrf expert server, in which I felt that my plannings (and I try to not be too prolix on those, but reseonable on the choices) really accomplished satisfying results while my fails were mostly because some careless haste from my part.

If there's room for more progress, you may ask? Of course there is! There's always room for more progress, and I'm happy to see that the mod team is aimming to the right direction.

Finally, I would like to appologise beforehand if my point wasn't too clear. English isnt my native language, but I really wanted to share with you some of my thoughts and experiences.

Thank you, and I see you on the glorious Chernarus!

Edited by Tovarich
  • Like 2

Well that is depressing. was this to make people start using the stashes?

As if hiding tents wasnt hard enough, now there is no such thing as a "good spot for my tent".

A tree was our best friend when it came to tents, now they shun us like the smelly kid in school.

I try to pitch my tent under some trees and they say "LEAF ME ALONE!!" and "I wont help you hide your tent, you're barking up the wrong tree". But in all seriousness, this is a pretty bad intentional bug. Depressing to say the least. Might as well remove tents from the game completely.

placing tents in trees, bushes and lakes to hid them is depressing, how may cap sites do you go to and see tents with a tree sticking out of the top.

moveing the tents so they can't be as easily hidden is good, it means you can't rely on your tent stash not getting found.

• Like 1

The problem with the difficulty is that the zombie hit system and the way they run is broken. On the last patch I tried to prone and crouch (AT NIGHT) and the zeds still kept spotting and hitting me. That's just bs.

• Like 1

Is infection still in the game? I wont be playing until it is gone or antibiotic spawns are common. All that kept happening was you'd get tagged from like 10m away, oh look I have infection, well I'll vault off the nearest tall building and run back to get my stuff.

It just isn't fun.

The 10 Meter Tag is gone, now its only a few foot, although damage does seem to be down a bit.

Could you please consider increasing/fixing the loot spawns? The way it was in 1.7.6 was fine, and I don't think anyone was complaining about it, saying there was too much items, but now, there's no items to complain about. All I'm finding is empty tin cans, and lots of them. For example, in the hospital of Elektrozavodsk, all I found was 2 epi-pens. Not even medical boxes, just two epi-pens. I think this really needs to be fixed, because now all the new people are just dying because they can't find a bandage or antibiotics, and the people who hoarded the stuff in tents are surviving.

• Like 1

Could you please consider increasing/fixing the loot spawns? The way it was in 1.7.6 was fine, and I don't think anyone was complaining about it, saying there was too much items, but now, there's no items to complain about. All I'm finding is empty tin cans, and lots of them. For example, in the hospital of Elektrozavodsk, all I found was 2 epi-pens. Not even medical boxes, just two epi-pens. I think this really needs to be fixed, because now all the new people are just dying because they can't find a bandage or antibiotics, and the people who hoarded the stuff in tents are surviving.

Yea I think what we really need is a global server wipe to clear out all the existing hoarded items and stuff like that. Other than that, I'm loving the new spawn system.

• Like 1

Yea I think what we really need is a global server wipe to clear out all the existing hoarded items and stuff like that. Other than that, I'm loving the new spawn system.

I beg to differ, I don't see how you can play with this new loot system. I barely find any sustenance nowadays.

I beg to differ, I don't see how you can play with this new loot system. I barely find any sustenance nowadays.

But you do. Right? That's how it should be!! :D Really hard, interesting gameplay, where you actually need to struggle to survive. That's how it would actually be, after all. And hey, maybe once in a while you'll starve. That's what can happen. It's not quite there yet as I think loot drops a little too commonly on Zombies but honestly I'm OK with it. Gotta make some authenticity sacrifices for the sake of gameplay I guess. Can't just have 50% of players starve lol

Edited by Zetal
  • Like 1

What happens now when you starve? Anytime it happens to me, I just lose blood until I eventually pass out and die. you should be getting tired, taking longer to run, possibly when weight for items becomes a feature then you can carry less, you shake more when holding weapons, etc. That would make it more interesting. Apologies if that already happens, I just guess I don't live long enough right now to starve! :lol:

What happens now when you starve? Anytime it happens to me, I just lose blood until I eventually pass out and die. you should be getting tired, taking longer to run, possibly when weight for items becomes a feature then you can carry less, you shake more when holding weapons, etc. That would make it more interesting. Apologies if that already happens, I just guess I don't live long enough right now to starve! :lol:

I'd wager a lot they've probably already thought up a system like this, but it'd take a lot of work to implement... So for now we gotta settle for the bloodloss thing. Though ofc you should eventually die from starvation no matter what, so it works well enough IMO.

Everyone that joins the server now after going from 1.7.7 to 1.7.7.1 seagulls and gets kicked. anyone else having this issue?

Never had this issue in 1.7.7, must be ppl having problems with lag or desync, i never experienced zeds hitting me from that distance.

Mhmm, so because you never experienced it, it means nothing was wrong? Yeah, all those reports of people having the same issue were because of lag and desync, because Kumando apparantly plays on a server with no lag, and represents everyone!

Give me a break. You refuse to see that anything is wrong, ever. :rolleyes:

The fact that people were complaining about difficulty [in the 1.7.7 update] was a testament to how good your update really was.

ABSOLUTELY correct! I cannot stress enough how much NikoGT hit the nail on the head. Challenge needs to be there, and hopefully the lack of challenge that the hotfix introduced is due to the issues that R4Z0R49 mentioned with the divide by 0 infection rate, angle of attack and range.

there's a divide by 0 error for the infection and the angle of attack is messed up as well as the attack range. The animations show us one distance the testers tell us another and you guys another. We cant get any common ground, So the current set of its broke videos are helping more then you know.

R4Z0R49, your efforts are appreciated more than you know! I thing a lot of us agree that 1.7.7 was a giant leap in the right direction. I applaud you and everyone else involved for doing your best to improve the game. Thanks!

• Like 7

Are developers reading this thread ? because i have something to say to them. a part from this hotfix has made dayz alot better for instance i have just that much better fps generally now that i am able to play with i5 650 3,2Ghz cpu without getting shot every time i enter cherno/electro. Before hotfix i didnt even have a chance to aim because of fps less than 20. All so looting has no irritating can't loot problem and ect.

Some things that this hotfix changed was just out rageing like tents doesnt cure infection anymore (1% chance when resting every 5 minutes) what makes these situations where players get infected, pretty much a death sentence because its more likely to find a unicorn at the end of the rainbow when its raining than finding antibiotics at hospital. it helps little bit when it's less common to get infection than it used to but still its a death sentence anyway.

From my own experience i have not found antibiotics ever and i have been playing about 2 months now, but today i just lost it when i had the best gear i have ever had and i got infected(Ghillie,SVD CAMO,M4A3 CCO,Survival pack & all equipment to survive at north).

Here is the situation where i was.

Day 1 Fresh spawn at CHERNO (looting) ---> Electro (looting) ---> Rog. at this point i had all the survival equipment and M4A3 CCO 1clip with survival pack

Day 2

Start heading way up north from ROG looting every deer stand for ammo at my way to DOLINA through POLANA (No luck, only tin cans wtf).

I make my way through BLACK FORREST heading EAST to NW AIRFIELD using survival equipment to get some goat hamburgers and pig ribs with pepsi

(tastes like urine by the time i drank it.)

Check Point

I set up a camp at PRUD north side of NOVY SOBOR. after a moment of inventory i start my way to NW AIRFIELD but

after 5 minutes of hiking i stumble into HELI CRASHSITE what i approach very slowly with my axe raised and start bashing those zeds with it one by one

without taking any hit. i found 20 STANAG Mag so i was delighted for even than. There was nothing else exept smoke granades & bandages... i head back to

my tent and take survival pack with me to go get rest of the ammo and then it happend. There was another group of zeds wondering around crash site. i'll try

sneak again but it goes way down from here. i get raped by those zeds and get infected and GTFO from there back to my camp, eat some prime rib to

compensate blood loss caused by infection. At this point i have no food but i have more ammo than i need for a quick run at the NW AIRFIELD.

I can see the forest between me and AIRFIELD and i stumble again into HELI CRASHSITE and find nothing but GHILLIE, Smoke & Bandages again.

I'm walking my left foot at grave by this point. No steaks only pepsi (that urine tasting pepsi) when i'm desperately searching cattle with less than 1/4 of my blood.

i see a cow at the distance and start making my way there as it is my only hope to struggle my way to airfield with a hint of hope that i'll find antibiotics even tho there isn't

any. From barracks of NW AIRFIELD i manage to find SVD CAMO. at this point i have ½ BLOOD left, Survival pack contains M4A3 CCO with 6 mags, SVD CAMO at

my primary weapon & M1911 at secondary. Zombies have been wondering outside barracks all of this time and one VIRAL ZED have heard my coughs and is

heading towards me inside barracks. I'll rip out my secondary and aim carefully to the head and BOOM one shot zed is down but now i hear a zombie orgy outside

barracks and guess who is the guest of honor. double tap my W and start sprinting like a Usain Bolt with 6 agro zeds behind me. I make my way to the Nort west

where on the way i have lost those zeds at a steep hill and start searching food once again. i must have been running there at the field for 20 minutes and there

there was nothing. so i just placed my tent to nearest forest and start resting but no luck. Blood allmost out when i get this idea to downgrade dayz to 1.7.7

because then i'll have 1/16 chance to cure my infection, but what happens instead i join a server and spawn into wilderness (debug zone) and there i just get shot

before i even raised my gun and there i was. Sitting at my computer. Staring at my screen with "YOU ARE DEAD" picture. and all of this could have been avoided

with antibiotics or even a 1/16 chance to cure infection resting at a tent. fucking hate this game right now. i can taste shit in my mouth.

Edited by Guest

Are developers reading this thread ? because i have something to say to them. a part from this hotfix has made dayz alot better for instance i have just that much better fps generally now that i am able to play with i5 650 3,2Ghz cpu without getting shot every time i enter cherno/electro. Before hotfix i didnt even have a chance to aim because of fps less than 20. All so looting has no irritating can't loot problem and ect.

Some things that this hotfix changed was just out rageing like tents doesnt cure infection anymore (1% chance when resting every 5 minutes) what makes these situations where players get infected, pretty much a death sentence because its more likely to find a unicorn at the end of the rainbow when its raining than finding antibiotics at hospital. it helps little bit when it's less common to get infection than it used to but still its a death sentence anyway.

From my own experience i have not found antibiotics ever and i have been playing about 2 months now, but today i just lost it when i had the best gear i have ever had and i got infected(Ghillie,SVD CAMO,M4A3 CCO,Survival pack & all equipment to survive at north).

Day 1 Fresh spawn at CHERNO (looting) ---> Electro (looting) ---> Rog. at this point i had all the survival equipment and M4A3 CCO 1clip with survival pack

Day 2

Start heading way up north from ROG looting every deer stand for ammo at my way to DOLINA through POLANA (No luck, only tin cans wtf).

I make my way through BLACK FORREST heading EAST to NW AIRFIELD using survival equipment to get some goat hamburgers and pig ribs with pepsi

Check Point

I set up a camp at PRUD north side of NOVY SOBOR. after a moment of inventory i start my way to NW AIRFIELD but

after 5 minutes of hiking i stumble into HELI CRASHSITE what i approach very slowly with my axe raised and start bashing those zeds with it one by one

without taking any hit. i found 20 STANAG Mag so i was delighted for even than. There was nothing else exept smoke granades & bandages... i head back to

my tent and take survival pack with me to go get rest of the ammo and then it happend. There was another group of zeds wondering around crash site. i'll try

sneak again but it goes way down from here. i get raped by those zeds and get infected and GTFO from there back to my camp, eat some prime rib to

compensate blood loss caused by infection. At this point i have no food but i have more ammo than i need for a quick run at the NW AIRFIELD.

I can see the forest between me and AIRFIELD and i stumble again into HELI CRASHSITE and find nothing but GHILLIE, Smoke & Bandages again.

I'm walking my left foot at grave by this point. No steaks only pepsi (that urine tasting pepsi) when i'm desperately searching cattle with less than 1/4 of my blood.

i see a cow at the distance and start making my way there as it is my only hope to struggle my way to airfield with a hint of hope that i'll find antibiotics even tho there isn't

any. From barracks of NW AIRFIELD i manage to find SVD CAMO. at this point i have ½ BLOOD left, Survival pack contains M4A3 CCO with 6 mags, SVD CAMO at

my primary weapon & M1911 at secondary. Zombies have been wondering outside barracks all of this time and one VIRAL ZED have heard my coughs and is

heading towards me inside barracks. I'll rip out my secondary and aim carefully to the head and BOOM one shot zed is down but now i hear a zombie orgy outside

barracks and guess who is the guest of honor. double tap my W and start sprinting like a Usain Bolt with 6 agro zeds behind me. I make my way to the Nort west

where on the way i have lost those zeds at a steep hill and start searching food once again. i must have been running there at the field for 20 minutes and there

there was nothing. so i just placed my tent to nearest forest and start resting but no luck. Blood allmost out when i get this idea to downgrade dayz to 1.7.7

because then i'll have 1/16 chance to cure my infection, but what happens instead i join a server and spawn into wilderness (debug zone) and there i just get shot

before i even raised my gun and there i was. Sitting at my computer. Staring at my screen with "YOU ARE DEAD" picture. and all of this could have been avoided

with antibiotics or even a 1/16 chance to cure infection resting at a tent. fucking hate this game right now. i can taste shit in my mouth.

Cool story.

Do you have anything constructive to say and suggest rather than just QQing?

Day 2

Check Point

Sorry for the bad luck, mate. You shouldn't have downgraded. As for everything else that happened to you... well... The game is really easy at the moment, so that's why you got so geared up so easily. Welcome to the apocalypse. People die.

• Like 1

Let me tell you a little story..some time ago maybe 4 years ago, here was an alert for the N1H1 virus, I´ll suppose that all know about this virus, if not you have google, anyway.. when that alert comes up, one of the recomendations was to clean our hands more often than usual and, when were possible, to use gel alcohol...in 2 days there was no gel alcohol, in any drug store or pharmacy...or supermarket... and it was only an alert to a pretty strong flu... just an alert.

I don´t want think what could have happened if instead of gel alcohol they were said antibiotic

And you expect that in a zombie apocalypse the supermarkets and hospitals in any major city of any country remain fully stocked of antibiotics for ever...

Ok, is a game, I get that, but as I see it if nobody complain about the realistic simulation of the day & night or the realistic in the bullet drop..or the realistic simulation of the vehicle damage...why the complains about the realistic in the availability of supplies? or in the fact that a zombie could infect you if he touch you?

It makes your game harder? it suppose to be that way... it´s a zombie apocaypse, not a flu.

Maybe the devs should get rid of the night because you can´t see nothing or make the spawn ratio of the NV googles bigger, or forget about bullet drop...every shot that you make goes right where you were aiming for ? or ideally when you crash a car it won´t break at all.

-M.

• Like 1

Never had this issue in 1.7.7, must be ppl having problems with lag or desync, i never experienced zeds hitting me from that distance.

I agree never had that problem.its always funny when I have a bunch of zombies chaseing me and I catch a person lagging and I run past him and all my zombies go after him.good times in 1.7.7 it don't work in the new patch zombies are retarded again.

Sorry for the bad luck, mate. You shouldn't have downgraded. As for everything else that happened to you... well... The game is really easy at the moment, so that's why you got so geared up so easily. Welcome to the apocalypse. People die.

Do you know the definition of insanity ? Doing the same thing over and over again, waiting a different solution.

i guess there's no hope for survival...

Do you know the definition of insanity ? Doing the same thing over and over again, waiting a different solution.

i guess there's no hope for survival...

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. I have yet to be infected in 1.7.7.1 yet, and I've got a ghillie + AKM, a small camp, and a bus. This is on a fresh spawn... Again, the game really isn't all that hard, and just because you have a hard time with it does not mean that there is no hope. Just improve, and you won't be doing the same thing over and over again. See?