r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

I love how much tougher zombies are now.. But why is my guy made of paper? A zombie breaths on me and I start bleeding. Keep the toughness but at least make it so one hit everytime won't make you bleed everytime, especially straight after I bandage and you start bleeding again.

Not sure if it's the update or the server were on, but med's are seem to be non-exsistent aswell. No bandages, bleed when being looked at by zombies, and the bleed not 10 seconds after you just bandaged.

Apart from that, I'm actually very happy with how DayZ right now. Please don't take my post as ranting/complaining, just some feedback.. I appreciate having blood being pumped around my body. ;)

We are working on this to balance it out more. Today's build for the testers seems to be getting close based on what the testers are telling us.

Some feedback after playing on our server for a while -

1. Zombies still glitch through walls. It seems to be happening only in buildings that are raised off the ground a bit, like Land_HouseV2_02_Interier. When they come through the wall, they are always sunk into the floor, with their top half sticking out of the floor.

2. Infection is cool, but antibiotics could be made a bit more available, as others have posted. Instead of doing away with the "deathmatch" aspect of the game, the rarity of antibiotics has codified it into the game, as everyone just KOS other players to see if they're carrying pills. It's kind of becoming "Capture the Pill Bottle", which doesn't feel like it should be the main focus of the game.

3. Viral zeds seem to be more sensitive, in that they can spot you crawling where other zeds don't seem to be able to. This is fine, but is there a way to make the "stand up" animation quicker? As it is, it's almost 2 seconds, which means that by the time you react and hit "stand", you're very likely to get hit and infected, which is frustrating after 10 minutes of crawling around.

4. On a similar note, some buildings still make you stand when you try to crawl through the threshold, which again negates my stealthy kung fu action. Can that be fixed? Stealth is obviously much more important now, so the glitches that ruin it should be fixed.

Overall, good work and thanks, it's a fun patch.

Any broad ETA on when the next hotfix is coming?

As soon as we can.

Dat broad ETA.

Edited by TMW Se7eN

Like the new updates Razor.

Excellent choice of 24hours for the camo net - so as to Chernarus isn't covered in them - hope they are rare as well.

Ghillie/Camo/camo net only high military is a suggestion from me.(if it isn't already)

Like the new updates Razor.

Excellent choice of 24hours for the camo net - so as to Chernarus isn't covered in them - hope they are rare as well.

Ghillie/Camo/camo net only high military is a suggestion from me.(if it isn't already)

Just trying to work out the cleanup system for stash's

Small on death after 2 dayz

Medium on death after 4 dayz

Maybe

Maybe

oh god thats a short time, would them lasting 10 days cause a big hit on the server?

* [REMOVED] - Difficulty system due to issues with official hive. (Official hive cant hold multiple difficulty levels)

whats the problem here? if you are in the need to write to or read from additional fields, HiveExt.dll can easy be modified. its distributed with new releases anyway...

Edited by fgw

Maybe

would be nice if its possible to take ownership of stashes of dead players to prevent removal. so if i stumble over the stash created by a player who is already dead the action menu should allow to take ownership of this stash and it should not be removed as long as i (the new owner now) am alive. this would allow to continue to use stashes already on the map.

just remove stashes which current owner is dead for a certain period of time.

guess the same could be implemented for camo nets.

this would allow a group of players to keep their stashes or camo nets even if the original owner died. storing the items of a group of players in a stash does not make too much sense if the stash gets removed because the owner died. other group members might have stored items there too.

same for camo nets. if a group hides a vehicle the camo net should not be removed because the original owner of the camo net died. there should be the possibility to prevent the camo net from removal. taking ownership could be a way to implement this ...

Edited by fgw
  • Like 2

* [uPDATED] - Viral Workers have now been assigned home locations. (MilitarySpecial' date=' Military,Industrial) (harder to spot)

* [uPDATED'] - Viral Villagers have now been assigned home locations. (Supermarket,Farm,Residential) (easy to spot)

So those locations have a guaranteed viral zed now? Oh lord...

• Like 1

I just have seen that screenshot of the Userinterface in the chengelog!! Holy potato that looks amazing is this a screen from normal DayZ or is it for the Standalone? Sorry this might be in the wrong topic but theres no description to that screenshot. Are the things shown in the changelog gonna be added or are they allready in game? And another question! Can you allready build stuff in DayZ as in DayZ Epoch or Origins? Like camps or houses.

thanks & and sorry again that i am probably in the wrong topic.

a suggestion for next patch.

you can read others players journals, ofc, when they are dead.

I just have seen that screenshot of the Userinterface in the chengelog!! Holy potato that looks amazing is this a screen from normal DayZ or is it for the Standalone? Sorry this might be in the wrong topic but theres no description to that screenshot. Are the things shown in the changelog gonna be added or are they allready in game? And another question! Can you allready build stuff in DayZ as in DayZ Epoch or Origins? Like camps or houses.

thanks & and sorry again that i am probably in the wrong topic.

Anything in the rolling changelog is what they are currently working on for the Mod and has nothing to do with the standalone, its all work in progress and subject to change.

There's no building currently in the game.

• Like 2

Guns are loud, man. That's the one thing that really shouldn't be reduced.

And cities and towns are supposed to take up large areas, yet have been reduced in scale for gameplay. Just as the volume of a firearm should.

And cities and towns are supposed to take up large areas, yet have been reduced in scale for gameplay. Just as the volume of a firearm should.

And yet you can run forever at full speed with no detrimental effects. Attracting a few harmless zombies is a small price to pay for firing a gun.

I seem to get infected every third hit.. I've played approximately 100 hours of DayZ, and I haven't ever, ever found any Antibiotics in hospitals.. in hospitals!

I don't think they even have a chance of spawning in residents, which is silly, but it has an extremely low chance to spawn in a hospital, really?

So everytime I play I seem to get an infection right away and then proceed to lose and lose blood.

Also, is hunting knife, matches and hatches more rare? Cause I don't seem to find them at all these days except on dead bandits.

So whenever I play I grab an infection, continue to lose blood and I can't even find any food in residents, which is fine if I could find the tools I need to make some meat.

Some other guy mentioned zombies dropping more food now and water bottles and such, but I can't even get to find a little hatchet to kill them with stealthily, all I can seem to find is a Lee Enfield which alerts all the zombies to your location and BOOM! Infection!

The game has become more frustrating than fun to play it seems.. I had a break from DayZ, I might just take another one as this game seems to be going downhill.

I seem to get infected every third hit.. I've played approximately 100 hours of DayZ, and I haven't ever, ever found any Antibiotics in hospitals.. in hospitals!

I don't think they even have a chance of spawning in residents, which is silly, but it has an extremely low chance to spawn in a hospital, really?

So everytime I play I seem to get an infection right away and then proceed to lose and lose blood.

Also, is hunting knife, matches and hatches more rare? Cause I don't seem to find them at all these days except on dead bandits.

So whenever I play I grab an infection, continue to lose blood and I can't even find any food in residents, which is fine if I could find the tools I need to make some meat.

Some other guy mentioned zombies dropping more food now and water bottles and such, but I can't even get to find a little hatchet to kill them with stealthily, all I can seem to find is a Lee Enfield which alerts all the zombies to your location and BOOM! Infection!

The game has become more frustrating than fun to play it seems.. I had a break from DayZ, I might just take another one as this game seems to be going downhill.

As with the others, I recommend you try and improve your playstyle rather than asking for the game to be made easier. Those of us that want the real DayZ already want a more difficult experience than this. We can't 'learn' to be worse. You can learn to be better. It's the apocalypse. Time to start acting like it is.

I don't think they even have a chance of spawning in residents, which is silly, but it has an extremely low chance to spawn in a hospital, really?...

...and so on.

You're doing something wrong, I find those essentials every time within 2-3 hours after spawning, sometimes even faster (in buildings, not on dead bodies).

You're right about the antibiotics, but 1.7.7.2 will fix that. People should look at the changelog once in a while before complaining.

As with the others, I recommend you try and improve your playstyle rather than asking for the game to be made easier. Those of us that want the real DayZ already want a more difficult experience than this. We can't 'learn' to be worse. You can learn to be better. It's the apocalypse. Time to start acting like it is.

Yup, I would imagine the real apocalypse having teleporting zombies who can walk through walls, take 10 bullets to the head at certain times while sometimes only taking one.

And certainly antibiotics would be more rare than guns in the real apocalypse, because that makes perfect sense!

Also the real apocalypse would contain zombies who takes several minutes to kill you, but rather the real danger is breaking bones and catching an infection which you need SUPER rare non existent antibiotics to cure. I do love people like you.

• Like 2

When is that Rolling Changelog going to be introduced?

Or, when are we going to have other options in combating the virus. I like the difficulty, just wish there was more i could do in order to combat getting sick. Anyone know?

Yup, I would imagine the real apocalypse having teleporting zombies who can walk through walls, take 10 bullets to the head at certain times while sometimes only taking one.

And certainly antibiotics would be more rare than guns in the real apocalypse, because that makes perfect sense!

Also the real apocalypse would contain zombies who takes several minutes to kill you, but rather the real danger is breaking bones and catching an infection which you need SUPER rare non existent antibiotics to cure. I do love people like you.

This is a game attempting to recreate the scenario of an apocalypse. Much of what you say is silly, (and accurate), but in the universe they have constructed infection IS apparently super-dangerous. If that is the case, then wouldn't you wager anti-biotics would be as rare as weapons, if not moreso, since as you say zombies aren't the threat, infection is... therefore most of them have been used up already in the rush to try and stay alive at the beginning?

The teleporting zombies is a bug. Welcome to game development. Do you want them to cripple the game for you while they sort that out?

Taking ten bullets to the head doesn't actually happen. As far as I know, any zombie will die from 1 bullet to the head. If they do not, it is server lag (try and pick one with less ping), FPS (I have no business telling you to upgrade your computer. That's a lot of money.), or a misunderstanding of the zombie hitbox.

• Like 1

This is a game attempting to recreate the scenario of an apocalypse. Much of what you say is silly, (and accurate), but in the universe they have constructed infection IS apparently super-dangerous. If that is the case, then wouldn't you wager anti-biotics would be as rare as weapons, if not moreso, since as you say zombies aren't the threat, infection is... therefore most of them have been used up already in the rush to try and stay alive at the beginning?

I think it is more of a hitbox problem than server or fps lag, as I always choose servers with low ping, but I keep geting those moments where the zeds can get shot in the head several times without falling.

Also when it comes to the scavenging part.. Weapons in all residents wouldn't of been there either without a dead guy with it.

The infection is just a stupid idea in itself it feels like for me.

If I play a new character and grab an infection by being amazingly lucky, I have to continue to lose blood for.. Hmm, how long does it take to find Antibiotics? So it serves as a stupid way to create 'realism' while there are other realism factors that needs sorting.

I think it is more of a hitbox problem than server or fps lag, as I always choose servers with low ping, but I keep geting those moments where the zeds can get shot in the head several times without falling.

Also when it comes to the scavenging part.. Weapons in all residents wouldn't of been there either without a dead guy with it.

The infection is just a stupid idea in itself it feels like for me.

If I play a new character and grab an infection by being amazingly lucky, I have to continue to lose blood for.. Hmm, how long does it take to find Antibiotics? So it serves as a stupid way to create 'realism' while there are other realism factors that needs sorting.

Zeds will die from one shot to the head. Infection is a little broke we are waiting to release a new patch. <<< This has been said a few hundred times now your all arguing over well your own opinion.

However the game isn't unplayable you just need to take more care and change how you move around. for example the amount of players on a server can change the way the game is the amount of players within big city's will change the way the game plays out. By default all clients will only spawn 30 zeds each. So if you put two clients together in a cherno each player spawn's 30 zeds that's 60 total zeds Now add another player so we hit the global limit of 80 models. Don't go to towns unless you have too head to small areas as a new spawn you need a knife and weapon that is it with these you can survive for well a long time even with an infection. Knowing the map will help you more then being able to run into cherno or eletro.

• Like 2