SmashT

E3 Expo - June 2013 - Interviews and Gameplay

OHhh yeah would that be the pietta or the armi san marco reproduction? and why's it in chernarus?

get real. If there was gonna be any old school revolver in cherno it'd be a nagant or a S&W russian model (the "other" best handgun ever made, except actual contemporaries said this, not a video game character) But all of these would use their own unique types of ammo and thus not make much sense in a ZA scenario... So i doubt anything like that will be added.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/joke

theres no way saa would be in this game

Single action armies are more of a design choice now than an actual model (think m1911 and amount of different variations and manufacturers). There are countless reproduction SAA throughout the world. You only hear about the multi-thousand dollar originals though. It's not impossible, and the simplicity could lend to a game altering stat -- like it's condition being hard to effect compared to a gun with a lot of moving parts.

Edited by Nihilum
  • Like 1

Since we're on the subject I am hoping you go for a more "sporterized" look to the older military rifles so they don't all have that full length wood stock. Sort of like "When grandpa came back from the war he turned this into a hunting rifle" since that is going to be more common than a bunch of pristine antique rifles. It will also make calibers harder to identify at range since they will all look very similar at a distance.

Problem is they produced bazillions of those old Soviet rifles and I doubt everyone could be bothered enough to replace the stock and barrel and optics etc.I've seen many just normal ones. Hell I live in NZ and you can get an unused, pristine Mosin Nagant for $300 (I've actully been thinking about buying one of the pre-war hex reciever ones, they're $400, but a reproduction PU scope costs $800......).

Single action armies are more of a design choice now than an actual model (think m1911 and amount of different variations and manufacturers). There are countless reproduction SAA throughout the world. You only hear about the multi-thousand dollar originals though. It's not impossible, and the simplicity could lend to a game altering stat -- like it's condition being hard to effect compared to a gun with a lot of moving parts.

Making an SAA and doing it right would require whole new animations, not much but it's something and one thing I got from E3 seems to be they don't want to waste time with trvialities like animations right now with bigger fish to fry, but that said I bet an animator could bash a rough job out on a lunch break. All this assuming they want fanning and why would you put SAA's in a game and not have fanning? I love them, gonna get one one day. pewpewpewpewpewpew take that bandito!

Edited by BeachGaara
  • Like 1

can we expect a devblog today? did rocket mention something or maybe they are too busy?

I haven't seem them mention anything yet :/

A Little devblog a week would be amazing to keep us busy !

• Like 3

A Little devblog a week would be amazing to keep us busy !

they must be busy testing the build before release I guess :)

Well I'm finally 2 days way from my last exam, so sometime next week would be the best timing ever ;)

after 5 exams just getting drunk and playing dayZ

and probably dieing a lot and realizing I should never drink in a zombie apocalypse

• Like 1

There's a cover system, is that your GoW reference? You saw a couple of minutes of footage, behave yourself and stop making baseless assumptions.

You say it we only saw a couple of minutes of a demo that you couldn't even play yourself. Who knows how the game will be at the end you never know Aliens Colonial Marines looked amazing too at last years E3 and look what a pile of garbage it turned out to be. E3 footage says nothing about a game same goes for the Standalone so just hold your horses and wait till it's released and now please go back to the topic or go to the divison forums.

Edited by IHombreI

(yes, I left out .303 british, it's a stupid caliber that's extremley hard to find, isn't used in more than a hand full of out of date and out of use mounted machine guns and the enfield family -- take that brits.)

They have it at my local Walmart and the hardware store in the next town over. Doesn't get much easier to find than that.

Tell the entire British army in WWI/II that .303 is a stupid caliber. Oh, and the Boers... and the Indians... and the Afghan mujaheddin in the 80's.

I guess .30-06 would be a "stupid" caliber then. Seeing as it's purpose built, and only used in mid-20th century weapons...

Semi on-topic however, I don't feel it's necessary to distinguish between caliber rarity to that degree of granularity. Warsaw Pact ammunition, on the whole, should be easier to find than NATO ammunition. This should also take into account whether or not we're going to be able to find pre-loaded magazines or will we always have to fetch loose rounds to fill looted magazines. If that is true, then I would suspect the quantity of rounds found in a certain place (i.e. two 7.62x51R rounds found in some cupboard in a house versus a fully-loaded ammo box at a military base) would be more significant than the overall "rarity" of said ammunition.

Edited by Katana67

This should also take into account whether or not we're going to be able to find pre-loaded magazines or will we always have to fetch loose rounds to fill looted magazines.

I reaaaaaally hope we'll find single bullets or half-empty magazines rather than full magazines, would be a million times better than the way it is now. Ammo can also be a lot more rare that way without it being too tedious (small amount of bullets spread across the map instead of all or nothing.).

• Like 2

I don't think that they're thinking by the moment on making a DevBlog update because in a few hours they're heading to Rezzed '13. By the way, I'm going to drop this link here and maybe the geekies are going to thank me (or not). SteamDB shows the latest updates on every Steam game and they show you the pics that the game has in your Steam client. (apparently they didn't update the pre-alpha build since 3 days ago)

http://steamdb.info/app/221100/

Edited by Guisho
  • Like 1

i really like the new structures in cherno but some seem yet completely out of place somehow... the building with the crashed plain for example

Edited by joe_mcentire

i really like the new structures in cherno but some seem yet completely out of place somehow... the building with the crashed plain for example

The hotel has alwas been there..and I think with Balota airstip nearby it seems realsitc that for example something has gone very wrong during take off and the plane crashed into the highest building of Cherno. :-)

The hotel has alwas been there..and I think with Balota airstip nearby it seems realsitc that for example something has gone very wrong during take off and the plane crashed into the highest building of Cherno. :-)

hmm you are right...it seemed so big in this vid ...maybe because of the plane...nevertheless cherno could need some more buildings in its center. i like the new surrounding suburbs, but it somehow doesn't make so much sense that the city has so much empty spaces and outside there are the huge apartement-complexes.

i guess this calls for a

revive Cherno

suggestion

Edited by joe_mcentire

how about:

a paved main square in the centre around the statue, maybe some small kiosks and a fountain, framed with old lanterns and some small hedges

(from what i've seen they are on a good way, but especially a post-soviet city must have a huge pompous main square!)

a little "lively" promenade along the harbour leading a little outside, with small bars/restaurants/sores etc..

give the city a face!

i really hope they don't focus too much on the "quantity" aspect of new content

Edited by joe_mcentire

how about:

a paved main square in the centre around the statue, maybe some small kiosks and a fountain, framed with old lanterns and some small hedges

(from what i've seen they are on a good way, but especially a post-soviet city must have a huge pompous main square!)

a little "lively" promenade along the harbour leading a little outside, with small bars/restaurants/sores etc..

give the city a face!

i really hope they don't focus too much on the "quantity" aspect of new content

It is the zombie apocalypse and this dude wants to seach the bars and cafes down at the boardwalks for crimean sparkling wine... :rolleyes:

oh and we should not forget that there is only a black ops team working on DayZ SA...thats how the BI guys called it on E3 ...and not 70 people like on Arma 3.

The Cargo ship looks sweet and I am really excited about seeing the prison ...now let's hope for an insane asylum :)

Any news of a release date or at least rumours pointing towards one? I've not really been keeping up to date with SA news so don't be too harsh on me.

Any news of a release date or at least rumours pointing towards one? I've not really been keeping up to date with SA news so don't be too harsh on me.

Nothing concrete yet, although Dean sounds optimistic about progress, it sounds like they almost have everything in place to go public.

• Like 2

Nothing concrete yet, although Dean sounds optimistic about progress, it sounds like they almost have everything in place to go public.

mybody.jpg Edited by elf cakes
  • Like 5

as for the release date we are looking between this week comming and 2 mounths

• Like 1