What will happen to the M107 in my inventory, that I spent hours and hours of in game time searching for, when the patch is released?

Will it follow the same immersion breaking route as the L85A2 AWS and just disappear when I login?

Also, how will we now be able to take down the choppers that all server admins seem to have?

The only way to realistically take down a huey now is with a 7.62 machine gun, exatly 0 of which I have seen since the release of the last patch.

Finally, should we now expect this to become a running theme in the mod's "development"? I.e. that military weapons are taken out when people complain about being killed by them until only the makarov remains?

Cheers.

Yes, it will disappear. The .50cals will also be nerfed to 0 damage so that they're useless even to script kiddies.

• Like 4

Yes, it will disappear. The .50cals will also be nerfed to 0 damage so that they're useless even to script kiddies.

Sweet.

lol. Immersion breaking. O you OP.

I know, lol. His bandit skin will also revert to the old bandit skin the next time he logs in, notice this isn't immersion breaking whereas not having a rifle (that he could easily dispose of in preperation) is.

• Like 3

What will happen to the M107 in my inventory, that I spent hours and hours of in game time searching for, when the patch is released?

Will it follow the same immersion breaking route as the L85A2 AWS and just disappear when I login?

Also, how will we now be able to take down the choppers that all server admins seem to have?

The only way to realistically take down a huey now is with a 7.62 machine gun, exatly 0 of which I have seen since the release of the last patch.

Finally, should we now expect this to become a running theme in the mod's "development"? I.e. that military weapons are taken out when people complain about being killed by them until only the makarov remains?

Cheers.

Don't cry

This person is so owned and so unsubtle, you made my shitty day better! I drink your salty tears and laugh.

What you should of called your thread was "My Bitching About 50 Cals". If this was about 1.7.7 it would talk about the insane amount of changes going ahead and not one line worth of chagelog.

Edited by Trizzo

Wow the whiners are out in force here. The crying by this lot is just laughable now. Every day its the same bs about 50cals being overpowered bla bla bla.

OP forget about the mod, it's being turned into another generic fps by the cod/bf crowd that now lurk these forums.

Wow the whiners are out in force here. The crying by this lot is just laughable now. Every day its the same bs about 50cals being overpowered bla bla bla.

OP forget about the mod, it's being turned into another generic fps by the cod/bf crowd that now lurk these forums.

Of course... They're removing military weapons to cater to the CoD/BF crowd. It all makes sense now!

Of course... They're removing military weapons to cater to the CoD/BF crowd. It all makes sense now!

There removing two sniper rifles and replacing other guns there not removing all military weapons like your trying to insinuate.

Grow up you silly little boy!

There removing two sniper rifles and replacing other guns there not removing all military weapons like your trying to insinuate.

Grow up you silly little boy!

That isn't what I meant at all. My point was that removing a couple of high-end military weapons from a survival sim is pretty much the polar opposite of catering to the CoD crowd as all they do is promote deathmatching.

• Like 1

Well Ive been shot out of a heli cockpit in 4 dmr shots and downed a chopper or 2 with a burst of dmr fire

Moral of the story:

Get the skill to hit the pilot

l0l You don't need an AS50 or M107 to take down a helicopter. You can take down a Huey easily if you know where to aim.

M107/AS50 is staying.

* [REMOVED] - M107 and AS50(Banned) from all loot tables and removed all damage from bullets so they do 0 damage even if spawned in.

M107/AS50 is staying.

Well that's fucking dissapointing...after Razor posted several times it's removed and alluded to why they changed again?

Edited by Trizzo

hahahahahaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahhahaaaaaahahahhhhhhhhhhaaahahhaaahaah

lol at all people who actually think you need a as50 or a m107. dmr is the sniper of choice. also a lee enfield is just as good as anything is you arent a xbox gamer with no skill

And rejoice!

all the casual kiddies cry

because they are so happy that they wont ever get killed by a AS50 again

pssh

Ill have you know I made a 3000m shot with my m107 two days ago

I got proof you can ask some of the dudes over at BB

They have been removed so they're not staying ?! I'm confused :|

By this,

* [REMOVED] - M107 and AS50(Banned) from all loot tables and removed all damage from bullets so they do 0 damage even if spawned in.
, it means that the update "-M107 and AS50(banned)..." has been removed, therefore the AS50 and M107 shall remain.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

Aah, I get it. So the 'removing' has been removed and now they are 'unremoved'. So they're staying.

• Like 1

I don't think that's right at all.

If you look at the changelog from November, originally the drop rate was being lowered. I think the update is that they're being removed (hence the [REMOVED] tag signifying that it's something being removed from the mod as opposed to [NEW]), banned and the damage dropped to 0.

Edited by mZLY

I don't think that's right at all.

If you look at the changelog from November, originally the drop rate was being lowered. I think the update is that they're being removed (hence the [REMOVED] tag signifying that it's something being removed from the mod as opposed to [NEW]), banned and the damage dropped to 0.

Hmm, I think they may need to clarify.

I think R4Z0R did already, 1 sec I'll try and find the post.

EDIT: Alright, I can't find it, lol. But that was the impression I got from his post anyways.

Edited by mZLY

Well he explained why they banned it...but i also agree with inception, in the rolling changelog ideas that get scrapped get "removed" pinned next to them. For a change that has caused so much drama an offical word would be good.

-edit- last post i saw regarding this, http://dayzmod.com/f...0/page__st__120

7 pages of so called reasons why they got removed.

i can pretty much say every page of reasons is incorrect. I can also say every page has a valid reason to keep and a valid reason to remove. But none of them are the reason we have removed.

As far as i am aware they is gone? Inception probally stiring, milking the final trolling/laughs that a 50 cal dicussion can bring. Until now the convential wisdom was they are gone and out of the blue he chimes in with "but are they?"...well played sir...well played...you had me going...

Edited by Trizzo

* [REMOVED] - BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS (Based on poll)

The wording was similar when the L85 was removed. I'm pretty sure the .50s are gone in 1.7.7.