joe_mcentire

[DAYZ SA] - ultimate Q&A

1st "vs" 3rd person is one, if not the most discussed topic in the community (besides weapons and hacking). Have you ever thought of an utterly different approach like when starting fresh you only have 1st Person view (along with no weaponry, almost no equipment). 3rd Person view hast to be "earned" as well as anything else ingame by finding mirrors, or even more complex, by building periscope-like devices (3rd person would simulate the use to look behind corners/behind ones back/above walls)?

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 3

1st "vs" 3rd person is one, if not the most discussed topic in the community (besides weapons and hacking). Have you ever thought of an utterly different approach like when starting fresh you only have 1st Person view (along with no weaponry, almost no equipment). 3rd Person view hast to be "earned" as well like anything else ingame by finding mirrors, or even more complex, by building periscope-like devices (3rd person would simulate the use to look behind corners/behind ones back/above walls)?

chewing gum, knife, and a small mirror...not too difficult to craft :P

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

ah one of my personal favorites:

With a completely overhauled medical system, the new crafting system and even the repairing system, you cannot create Mini-Games for each task, you cannot simulate everything visually or audibly neither. How far are your thoughts about text messages like "your forehead is feeling a little bit hot", "It seems that there are some el. wires torn apart", etc. as a reminisence to ancient text-based games? They would be fairly easy to implement and a good compromise between "realism" and "immersion"

Edited by joe_mcentire

Fire! Will it play a bigger role eventually? or is the engine a restriction?

Whats happening with the Day and night cycle?

Is there really any point in having night time at all? I mean think about it... All people will do is server hop to a day time server. I believe that there should be a universal day/night cycle.

Speed up the in game time to 12 hours every 4 - 5 hours. The whole point in a Zombie survival should be about night time survival. It brings in a whole new different aspect... Should i use my flashlight or throw flares to light up the way. "Oo look light someone must be there", shall i use my melee weapon instead of people seeing my gun fire flash etc.

Nothing from what i have seen has touched on this topic?

• Like 2

will vehicles be more durable (like the ones in arma 3)

arma 3 vehicles are "durable" because its all bugged....like the fact you can drive a hunter with no wheels, or the pickups go from like 20kph to like 100kph with no warning and are close to

Impossible to stop...

Will it be possible to seamlessly stitch servers and their maps together so you can travel from one server to another by car, boat or foot?

there is no such thing as a seamless stitch; both in putting maps together or sewing. How ever no it isn't possible to add maps into chenarus. I saw on another thread here a guy who was talking about the map borders and said that there is no way to expand past the map borders, this is into the debug btw. So no there is no way to do it unfortunately.

Will i be able to have magic mushrooms?

Or will i be able to farm marijuana plants so i can become the ultimate Cherno dealer?

//Insert Pokemon intro parody here

Edited by Noszombie

What wait? Another island apart from Utes? It's not sarcasm believe me, but I lurk this forum and the subreddit forum every day and I've never saw anything related to another island except from the addition of Utes.

Well, according to the map in this video interview there is another island added below Utes...FFWD to 13:48

This video is 2 months old, don't know how you missed it :P , there's loads of details of the new map to bee seen.

Edited by Skint
  • Like 2

Sorry to Harp on... But is there any info from Rocket or Matt about what they intend to do with Night time? Really want to sneak round in the dark with everyone else and not just people with NVG's

• Like 1

Will the lighting be fixed?

Dusk and dawn, direction related brightness and darkness variation. This problem is present in TOH and arma 2 (dont know about arma3)

I'd like to see this reverted back to how it was before the Bohemia update. In my opinion they went way over the top with the effect and it ruins the gameplay experience in all Arma scenarios, not just DayZ.

Are we going to see Almas?

edit: fyi Almas are considered to be more "wild men" than "ape men"

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

Well, according to the map in this video interview there is another island added below Utes...FFWD to 13:48

This video is 2 months old, don't know how you missed it :P , there's loads of details of the new map to bee seen.

Wow, never noticed that, well spotted, hope it actually makes it to the game.

pGCV4nl.png

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 6

Do you plan mystery contents such as background information on the outbreak, or subregional secrets, to be unveiled by finding books, mobiles, notebooks, notes, flyers, etc.?

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

How deep can players change the gameplay?

(maybe an endgame question isnt it...)

We know about the bounty hunting.

what about taking over special buildings/places (hospital or fuel station)(hoist a flag, barricade)

or gernerally change stuff above ground (traps/camps/...)

What kind of character progression other than gear/clothing will we be seeing? Both aesthetic (such as beards, tattoos, scars) and practical (such as starting out sickly).

• Like 7

is this because you have lost Ötzi to the italiens ?

i want them sooo bad in austria.....so i go out from time to time and watch our cows

edit: enough chitter-chatter..focus on questions and GIVE BEANZ...to ALMAS

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

Personal Caches. You did mention these for the Mod many moons ago. Will the Standalone have these and if so how will they work?

• Like 1

From what we have seen so far on the map updates like swamps, will there be any other different terrains like caves and crop fields?

• Like 1

after the alpha and beta stage of dev, will the database get wiped or will everything remain like it was before the final release?

i think both options has its pros and cons...

Will the new server architecture combat the exploit where people can simply remove files from their client enabling them to see through buildings and trees?

• Like 1

How strong/far/heavy is your diet going to affect your health? Can you give as some basic examples what has been/will be implemented? How far must one go to really become sick from his/her diet?

edit: wording

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 3