joe_mcentire

[DAYZ SA] - ultimate Q&A

This is going temp. into suggestions section, feel free to move if there is any need to.

Title says it all:

Aim is to get some new infos about the current state/ prospective features of Dayz Standalone over time, no matter if sporadically, as part of new devblogs or livestreams.

Maybe we can follow a few rules for overview-purposes:

- Limit questions to
one per post
so we can
use bean count for most popular
. :beans:

- Rocket has mentioned in the past that it is
easier
for him to
answer questions that require only short replies

So asking things like "what are your thoughts on......." or "how are you going to implement.........." etc etc probably wouldn't be answered.

So try to be as
precise as possible

- please avoid arguments about whether a question is good/bad or not,
questions only
(please no redundant quoting/commenting)
use beans as reward/no beans as "punishment"

EDIT: PLEASE PM me if you find one of these questions answered anywhere! I'll try to post them here in the initial post.

thanks to SmashT for his words of advice.

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 7

How far will character customization go?

• Like 15

Will there be easter eggs?

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 17

What's your take on the idea to integrate static or "dynamic" props to intensify the cold, merciless experience of the apocalyptic DayZ world or just to add more layers to an uber-immersive world? some signs from the past, the beginning of the outbreak, those stories which already have been written and still can be seen right now.. just subtle and depressing ones.

Some key-words:

subtle ones like: anthills, beehives, left-behind baby strollers, windbells hanging from porches...

scenes of desperation and disturbance such as suicide-scenes; hung from a tree branch, couple lying with revolver in bed, guy in car in garage, famished family in a cellar/attic, parts of small villages burnt to ashes...

edit:

another keyword: unique or seemingly useless junk

edit: edited

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 10

can I knock people out?

• Like 3

From the picture of the inventory you posted i see there's a section called 'shoulder', I assume thats where you carry a primary when its not equiped, is this correct?

And if so where would you have a secondary when you have your primary equiped?

Same thing for melee weapons.

• Like 3

Another inventory question.

Is the 10th item in the backpack a condom?

Maybe used for waterproofing items such as matches?

zCG3jaQ.jpg

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 17

Which basic functions and features have to work/be implemented to go into open alpha? What do you think, people will be definitely surprised at what to find/not to find in the first open release?

• Like 1

How will server hopping be handled ?

examples :

no logging out during combat

not being able to spawn inside buildings when changing the server

not being able to directly go back to a server after changing to other servers...

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 11

zCG3jaQ.jpg

People can get lonely in the apocalypse aswell ya know.

zCG3jaQ.jpg

you can use it to protect your gun or use it as rubber gloves (see "The big Red One")

How are you going to tackle the doubtlessly flawed humanity-system as it is implemented currently in the mod? Were there other plans or ideas to "force" players to certain behaviour - the humanity system sure does - or are there up to date simply no proper plans or ideas how to overcome this issue? Will we see something different from the very start of open alpha?

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

You once said health would depend now on various things and not on blood solely. Has there been any progress towards a more proper definiton of health? will we see something different from day 1 of open alpha?

And a subsequent question: Can you think of something more realistic/logic in terms of an apocalyptic, non-sterile, electroless world than blood-transfusions?

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 3

Is there any justified hope, to see rivers ingame at any point? or are they engine-wise almost impossible to "achieve" in a reasonable amount of time? Rivers, streams, runlets with small ditches, meadows...that would be something...

• Like 2

Will we be able to switch weapons while moving?

Please, please say yes

• Like 9

Will items always just spawn loose at spawn points or are there plans to also have loot spawn inside containers in the world? (inventory menus, like tents or car storage in the mod)

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 5

zCG3jaQ.jpg

I didn't see an "equip" slot for it. Maybe it's still in-development.
  • Like 6

Will the lighting be fixed?

Dusk and dawn, direction related brightness and darkness variation. This problem is present in TOH and arma 2 (dont know about arma3)

• Like 5

Will there be seasons in the SA (at some point, I obviously don't expect them to be there right off the bat)? This would open gameplay options a lot. For example, heatpacks become more valuable during winter, and a lot of the trees lose their leaves, thus making cover in the woods worse and decreasing your ability to sneak around, while during the summer you might want to find light clothes and a hat so that you don't get a fever (I do not know how the disease is called in English, I basically mean getting a fever due to long exposure to the sun and overheating of your body).

• Like 3

Are you going to leave the 'debug zone' as a part of the map or do you think it's possible to suppress it somehow (like barriers, mountains, etc)?

Edited by Guisho
  • Like 4

Are there going to be dogs? As companions or stray dogs ? For the companion part about dogs, I would except it late game if nothing :)

Will it be possible to add NPC's into the game ?

• Like 2