Sign in to follow this  
Marlboro^Man

Winchester and shotgun shells

Im sure this has been brought up before but, why not just change the name of this gun to the 1887 and leave it alone. they look similar so it would just make all the confusion go away. That way they can just make all shotgun shells universal and you can combine all of them. It would make more sense to me seeing as how there are 12 gauge shells laying everywhere which is true as it is probably the most common ammo in the world. Just my opinion and would make thing alot easier and more realistic. I also understand it would hold a different amount of shells than 15 which is fine by me.

Edited by Marlboro^Man

It's not an 1887 so making it say "1887" is just as bad as saying it shoots shotgun shells.

It would be easier to just change it to a rifle... I've done it twice. Once today, in fact.

Fixing the Winchester literally takes only 10 minutes of one's time...

• Like 3

It's not an 1887 so making it say "1887" is just as bad as saying it shoots shotgun shells.

It would be easier to just change it to a rifle... I've done it twice. Once today, in fact.

Fixing the Winchester literally takes only 10 minutes of one's time...

Think it needs a slightly slower rate of fire and you'd be good I think, it's a pity there aren't any lever guns in .45 ACP, plenty in .45 Long Colt. otherwise I'd suggest having a pistol caliber carbine that takes .45 ACP. If your winchester was added, I'd honestly use the Winchester more often, it'd be a nice alternative to the Lee Enfield, faster fire rate and capacity in exchange for damage and range.

• Like 1

got my beans on this one its seems redundant having diffrent ammo on the the 12gauge weapons

• Like 1

Think it needs a slightly slower rate of fire and you'd be good I think, it's a pity there aren't any lever guns in .45 ACP, plenty in .45 Long Colt. otherwise I'd suggest having a pistol caliber carbine that takes .45 ACP. If your winchester was added, I'd honestly use the Winchester more often, it'd be a nice alternative to the Lee Enfield, faster fire rate and capacity in exchange for damage and range.

I think that rof was fine...what we need is a proper lever action reload time!

"Old" R. Lee Ermey could have loaded and shot 9 rounds in a minute.

On the other hand:

(although to be fair CAS shooters usually use "mouse fart" 800 fps loads)

The mechanics allow for fast shots recoil notwithstanding. The main problem is just the reloading, ArmA can't let you load individual rounds. However the Winchester should be forced to have a much longer reload time than most magazine-fed weapons to try to emulate that.