Cap'n (DayZ)

Disagreement between a friend

Arma 2's graphics really isn't all that. lol, not to say I'm agreeing with your friend, but... well that's it I guess. It's good considering the size of the map you play on.

Arma 3 looks pretty damn good.

Edited by twinturbonet

Arma 2 still is a good and realistic looking game (playing it on very high settings), Arma 3 looks amazing (for me better than battlefield or crisis which do look nice also but not really realistic).

Your friend is still alive?

LOL, try put Arma II on the highest and it looks SO AWESOME, COD can't do anything with that.

Who can even compare ArmA to COD? Wtf? <_<

Your friend is still alive?

LOL, try put Arma II on the highest and it looks SO AWESOME, COD can't do anything with that.

Who can even compare ArmA to COD? Wtf? <_<

Yeah, he's one of those late-to-come console gamers who've been partially admitted into the elite society known as "pc gamers". He plays on an older ASUS laptop, and frankly can't handle much above low settings. He's been treated so harsh by poor framerates, flat textures, and expensive games that he has yet fully found a footing in this much, much superior race.

i would punch your friend just for being one of "those" people who look at the graphics more instead of gameplay

Hello there

Arma isnt the "sexyest" of creatures, but as has been pointed out does make up for it in scale.

If, however one has a beast of a machine, it can look lovely. But it needs a beast.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Its all about the atmosphere imo. The feeling of the countryside and the world you are in. Not many games do this as well as the ARMA series does.

24w69hs.png

2zdq240.jpg

2r6e6aq.png

2whi0dv.jpg

• Like 6

Sometimes i just like going to my favourite spots in chernarus, max out my settings and just enjoy the beauty.

• Like 1

Typical Gews settings and FPS:

Looks divine. B)

Looks divine. B)

Reminds me of my laptop on a good day.

I showed a gamer friend of mine some 720p Youtube videos and his jaw dropped in awe. It is really a good looking game. A lot of games have that glossy, high HDR look... it doesn't look good to me.

I wish I could play at higher settings, but I have a crappy computer and the only way I can get playable fps is by turning off the shadows, post-processing, and AA. My settings are a mixture of low, normal and high and I play at 720p. Still looks pretty good.

I think Arma is one of the most realistic looking games out there. Especially when you consider the size of the maps and the fact no loading screens are used.

• Like 4

DayZ experience (gameplay, idea, feel you get from playing, etc) > great graphics

DayZ doesn't look bad, doesn't look great. IMO doesn't have to.

Looks divine. B)

Gews, I can't help but feel the greatest of pity for you. The Fellowship of The Roadflare will pray for you.

I play all settings very high, 5930x1080, also with my friend mary jane.

Sometimes I just walk around taking screenshots like a photographer.

• Like 1

I play all settings very high, 5930x1080, also with my friend mary jane.

Sometimes I just walk around taking screenshots like a photographer.

5930x1080? I play on mostly Very High, but I've got a res of 1280x720 so that MAY explain why its still playable for me. Oh, and did you steal that PC from NASA and hook it up to an OCTO SLI GTX 780?

I would also comment that the water and aquatic vegetation are very well rendered and realistic looking in DayZ. Now if only catfish, carp and pike would spawn in those ponds, I would never leave Chernarus. Imagine a salmon run along the coast of Namalsk, or fishing for sea run brown trout on Taviana. Tarpon fishing on Lingor anyone?

I would also comment that the water and aquatic vegetation are very well rendered and realistic looking in DayZ. Now if only catfish, carp and pike would spawn in those ponds, I would never leave Chernarus. Imagine a salmon run along the coast of Namalsk, or fishing for sea run brown trout on Taviana. Tarpon fishing on Lingor anyone?

I'd run an illegal fishing rig and sell caviar to everyone!

5930x1080? I play on mostly Very High, but I've got a res of 1280x720 so that MAY explain why its still playable for me. Oh, and did you steal that PC from NASA and hook it up to an OCTO SLI GTX 780?

3 way gtx 670 4gb :)

3 way gtx 670 4gb :)

You spoiled little bastard :) I've got ONE 7950, lol

I play on all lowest and I get choppy framerate on full servers.

The Fellowship of The Roadflare

What a good name

What a good name

We have missionaries from Skalisty to Skalka.