wussupwussup

As a new player... please tell me where to find a gun

I've been through tons of lives at this point... and I just can't find any weapon. It's not like I'm dying quickly either...I've been surviving at least 30 minutes I'd say each live. My general strategy is to follow the road untill I find some buildings ans search around.. the problem is that is never works. I've found quite a bit of ammo but I've NEVER found a way to defend myself. Farmhouses, military camps, houses none of these have yielded anything.

As a player who bought the game yesterday I'm just getting very very frustrated at this point.

Why are you dying?

If you are anywhere near a town and spy zombies, you should be prone immediately. If you are anywhere directly in front of a zombie, even if hes a bit out, you should go the opposite direction.

There are quite a few places to find guns, canned food, canteens of water, and soda. I don't know why you would have any issues unless you aren't patient and are crouch running too much or just flat out running.

I've found tons of stuff my first playtrough in Chernogorsk, although I don't recommend going there.

you gotta be a sneaky-pete (and i dont mean cheap wine) and go through a lot of piles.

Other than that not much you can really do... other than hope you happen onto someone's corpse who had something useful.

Deer stands are great, if you have something to distract the Zeds

Just sprint in zig zags to electro (follow the cranes)and run through buildings. You'll find something. Lots of zombies too, but you can lloose them now :D

I mostly just die because I take risks running into places searching for gear. If I haven't found anything yet what's the point of being "super stealthy"? I mean I have nothing to lose.

You've got nothing to lose because you don't bother being stealthy...which gets you no gear... which means you just repeat your "i've got nothing to lose" running...which continues to make you have no gear.

Which is why I'm asking for advice where to look.... I can stealth around all fucking day but wheres the fun in that? I don't feel any rush or need to survive when if I die I'm just going to get essentially the same gear. The ammo I find doesn't matter, nothing matters untill I find some way to defend myself/interact with other players confidently. I simply feel no "need" to survive at this point so I don't bother to stealth around for hours on end.

The whole game is risk/reward. If I have nothing to lose I see no reason not to take risks.. pretty simple concept.

I see you point"The whole game is risk/reward. If I have nothing to lose I see no reason not to take risks.. pretty simple concept" but if you were just that bit more stealthy"like people are saying" you might survive that little longer and find the gun or even some nice gear.

Its up to yourself weather you take the risk or not.

i have the same problem. two days of playing and not even a default weapon when starting. does anyone know how to fix this?

i have the same problem. two days of playing and not even a default weapon when starting. does anyone know how to fix this?

You spawn now with no start weapon. Sence the new patch.

I mostly just die because I take risks running into places searching for gear. If I haven't found anything yet what's the point of being "super stealthy"? I mean I have nothing to lose.

And yet everything to gain ;-)

Trust us' date=' stealth through a small or mid size village and make sure you get all the loot buildings without aggroing zeds. you [i']will find a gun in under 15 minutes.

Military bases are almost always looted when you get there, they're hotspots for players, most small houses will only really yield a pistol if you;re lucky. Personally, my favourite place when starting a new char is the cafe opposite the supermarket in elektro

Balota airfield, check the hangars and tower, if they are empty hang around for 10-15 minutes and then recheck. A weapon of some type would have spawned by then.

Apartments at Cherno near the hospital - same. Shop or pub at Electro - same.

1) You didnt bought this game, this is a free Alpha mod for ArmaII:CO

2) Weapons have a high chance to spawn anywhere... you just have to look in the correct spots.

3) Survivor filosophy: If u just spawned and u have nothing to loose, just run the whole way into a city, get into houses running and avoid zombies by loosing them on the mentioned before houses.

Getting this 3 points clear i will tell where u can find weapons to start:

REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU BEGIN YOU HAVE NOTHING, THIS MEANS NOTHING TO LOOSE!!!

Cherno is a hotspot for snipers, but if u move quick you can make it in and out in 5 minutes taking tons of stuff

In cherno you might wanna go straight to the chuch, sometime Makarov with mags spawn in here, also there are bars with a first floor on the corners, you should check those too, frequently spawn Makarov.

In Cherno's town center there is a building with a clock on the top (brown with a golden top), there are stairs to go up on the right back corner (they look like a pipe, so you will have to look for it the first time). Up there you can find: Makaron, 1911, revolver, winchester, lee enfield, G17, alice pack, food supplies, bandages, etc. Its a good place to find stuff...

Once you get down from that building you might wanna go left to something that looks like an hotel reception. Ocationally spawns mags for the Makarov, also painkillers and Morphine.

After looting the hotel, head to the back part of it, and head through the road to the left until you find the hospital, I recommend you using a tin can to break the window and get in. Look for a box and loot a couple of blood bags, and other medical supplies.

Self Experience in Cherno:

I was killed in Berezino by 2 bandits, so i started again from 0. I spawned near Kamenka, so I knew that if I went the whole way through the coast i would hit Cherno. I ran the whole way there and luckily didnt agro any zombies. When I got near Cherno, I ran inside the church, then went to crouch-run mode to check the spawn point ASAP as there were zombies behind me and probably snipers near me too. Found a Map, Makarov with no ammo. When i got out from the church I headed right towards the bar in the corner (on the town center). By this time, i had like 15Zeds behind me, so i went to the appartment part of the bar while zombies were lineing up in the front door, grabbed a Lee enfield with 3 mags and binoculars. Went out through the back door without shooting a single bullet. Zombies lost LOS so I went to the hotel reception, found nothing. Then headed to the top of the Clock tower building and found 2 Alice Packs (obviously you can only take 1 - btw, be carefull here, because there is a bug that if you change the backpack up there, the old pack will be dropped on the street)

I agroed some zombies while i was up there, so i runned to the other side of the clock tower and then pronned all the way back to the stairs to loose agro. Went down and headed to the hospital.

Once i got to the hospital, I went to the back, climbed the ladders and took some painkillers and morphine. Also i grabbed a tin can from the floor. I broke the window with the tin can and looted the whole place.

Then I got out, and only killed 3 zombies with blood level on 11.5K

This is what i finally got in my inventory:

[attachment=1370]

[attachment=1371]

Not everyone gets so lucky on the first run through cherno, I met a russian guy inside one of the bars and told him where he could find weapons (cause i actually left a winchester with 1 mag behind). I dont like killing people for fun as i dont see this game as a PvP.

Also, the Lee Enfield is not actually a good weapon to use inside a city, as it is extremly loud.

Sorry for taking so much time writting this, i just wanted to make sure that you can actually have fun playing this mod. You can find more accurate information of the map in this site:

http://dayzdb.com/map

If you are still having troubles starting, add me on steam and you can join me next time: MagnoMighty

I my self started this game yesterday and after dying like twice i think i once again found myself running from Zeds, thats when i found this place with 2 hangars and a small comm like tower (you know those towers we have at airports to keep a lookout etc) so i ran inside the tower knowing that zombies only walk inside buildings and ran upstairs where i found this automatic weapon that looks like an ak-47 (might've been one im not sure hehe)

But anyhow, those towers might be a good place to search for weapons :)

im not 100% sure but you should search them if you find one :)

http://www.teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/ That's what I use. Barns or supermarkets are normally where I find weapons. And like someone else said, check Balota. There should be 4 deer stands around some med tents (I think, not sure) and normally deer stands have some nice weapons, unless they're looted. Also check hangars and tower, as that same person said. Normally a decent place for guns.

Dude, I dunno if you're gonna be game for this idea. But head inland a bit. You know the farm type areas? You often find rifles in the Barns. Like, I can't say, "I PROMISE THERE WILL 100% BE AN M240 WITH FULL AMMO" - but there's a strong chance there will be something.

As for food, if you can get a hatchet, hunting knife, and matches - you're all set! Kill cow, gut cow, cook cow, live.

Good luck!

After an amazing Dayz Night together with my brother, can give some "Tipps":

1st thing you should do is: Find out where you are.

After you joined the game, you should stay "near" the Mainstreet

(Not on it!!!) and look around for "Streetsigns" or "Landmarks" or

"arrangement or houseblocks". With this you can check the map and find out where you are.

2nd thing should be to search for a location where you can find "usefull" stuff. First thing should be "drinks" and "weapon". After that "Food" and "Medicin" and than all the othe stuff.

Personaly think, that the best way for the beginning is, to get to a

"Deer Stand". This buildings are easy covered by zombies. Mostly you can see the zombie from some distance and you can see where they are going. So it is

not necesarry to kill them, you can just move "ducked" to the deer stand, climb up

and take everything what is there. Climb down (dont be paniced! owise you will fall

down and break your leg ;)) ). So, climb down, move back. If you found a weapon, you can go and kill the zombies, as they often have some drinks or food. But make sure, that there are no any buildings "to close", as owise you will have a hord of zombies attacking you!!! If you didnt found a weapon, than move onwards to the next deer stand and try your luck again.

We managed to find weapons and drinks at this deer stands and it was realy easy.

After we have been equipped for a longer journey, we moved onwards to a "shopping center". Of course you need to be carefully, as "everybody" wants to raid a shopping center. Therefor: Move not to fast, hide. Check everything around you. Move ahead, hide, check agn. And always keep your eyes open! As soon as you arrived to the shopping center, you need to follow up the ways the zombies walking. When we arrived to the shopping center, the parking place was full of zombies, so no way just to cross it. We went to a free corner of the paarking place and throwed some "flares" on it. Most zombies where walking to the flares and we had a free route to the

back entrance. Inside the shopping center, you can find a lot of usefull things,

like a bigger backpack, painkillers, bandage, food, drinks, map, clocks, compass, weapon, munition, binoculars etc... so it is realy a good idea for a short visit there.

Tricky thing is, dont get in the line of sight of the zombies. The shopping center where we have been, had a hugh window and zombies where walking directly on the opposite side. Inside the room there where some storage racks and we stayed behind them. Unfo i mad a stuipd step back and a zombie saw my ass and immideatly running around the shop to come inside. Of course, followed by all the other zombies around. Luckily weve made it out of there. So again: Inside the shop, be quit and make sure that no zombies can see you.

With the equipment fm the shop, you are ready to go further where ever you wanna go... Check other villages or head to the NW Airbase ;) Up to you!

I started a few days ago and never had a problem getting a weapon.

And i stay away from places like cherno or elektro most of my respawns.

Look for barns, where you get a good chance to find a rifle and some food/drink.

My favorite spawnpoint is kamenka.

I search there for one or two cans of food/drink each and head north to check the 3 deer stands nearby.

Here's a tip. You're thinking is entirely wrong. The reason? Because as soon as you get the gear that you feel like," now I have something to lose so I'll be stealthy now", you will get PK'd by a Bandit and lose said gear anyways. Are you trying to shoot people? Or are you trying to survive? Now, I'm no expert as I've only been playing for about 5 days. However, I have a character on Day 3 with all but a couple tools. I can cook meat and have a canteen (water/food problem licked). I have a G17 w/ 5 mags and AK74U w/ Red dot sight and 3 mags. I'm a total redneck loner who sticks mostly to woods and always Stealths in a city/village. I'm very careful and methodical as you say, but yet, I'm alive with a shit load of loot. Where are you at?

Heres a couple helpful hints to survival, from noob to noob.

1. After a few days of playing this game, I realized VERY quickly that most of the small villages rarely yield anything worthwhile to brag about. This made me more inclined to search the bigger cities, like Chernogorsk and Elektrogorsk. However, this is something I would not recommend doing on a high-population server, or any server really if you're just starting, due to the fact that there's generally bandits in these cities. Bandits are other players whose soul purpose is to make your experience shit, and kill you on sight. So, with that in mind, Big cities are quite dangerous; and little settlements rarely have anything worthwhile to brag about, what do you do? Remember where you spawn; find an online map, and LOOK for useful landmarks that the map has. These landmarks can help you out a lot in finding gear.

2. Chernogorsk and Elektrogorsk; while big cities and heavy in great loot- are VERY dangerous cities. They have lots of Zombies, and lots of paranoid players who won't hesitate to kill you. However, that doesn't mean to avoid these cities completely. They can be great sources for loot, if you're quick enough to get in, get what you need, and get out. The Hospital; Firestation, And apartment buildings are three primary sources of what you'd need. The hospital holds all the medical supplies you could ever want- bandages, blood bags, epi-pens, morphine, etc. The firestation IS a spawnpoint for weapons, and it usually has a Lee Enfield in it, with five rounds laying next to it. Along with the Enfield, it generally has some other weapons that have spawned around it. The firestation also has some other miscellaneous spawns, like chemlights and sometimes canned food. The apartment buildings will generally spawn a handgun, like the makarov and have some mags lying around. They will also have canned food, lots of empty cans, and soda laying around as well. If you get lucky, you may find some useful tools like I have found, such as a box of matches, or a hatchet.

Hope these helped.

(note: THESE ARE OBSERVATIONS MADE FROM IN-GAME EXPERIENCE. NOT FACT)

I usually manage to search about 10-15 buildings before I die and I've yet to see a gun after 2-3 days of playing.

Forget the guns, they are not whats important when you first start out. I learned the hard way its stuff like medical supplies and tools are the first things you need or you will die at some point. That gun is going to be pointless when you break your leg or get down to 5k blood and can't see. Plus once you live for more than a few hours you find guns are all over the place. You will get your favorite and then never need another, and curse your luck when a gun takes up a loot spot that could be something else.

Spawn, and head to the nearest town with a hospital. There are only 3 (I think) and they all have a bunch of other loot spots where you might find a weapon. Go all or nothing to get these items, and don't leave until you find them all or die trying. Avoid everyone and don't try to kill anyone even if you get the jump on them, just get away from them.

Morphine (at least 2, more if you can carry them)

Box of matches (can be hard to find sometimes)

Hunting Knife

Hatchet (Don't throw it away when you do pick up a gun. Right click and add it to your toolbelt)

Options items but recommend:

Gun & Ammo

Canteen

I don't think I missed anything important, but once you have these items head north and you will find plenty of weapons. Check barns, factories, churches, etc.. Any high yield loot spots, ignore the small 3 building towns.

If you still can't manage, you can always google "DayZ map" and click the first result. It will show you all the high yield loot spots and deer stands. However, if you haven't done this yet you might want to hold of. Some of the most fun in this game is discovering this stuff on your own.

Two responses to that....

1) This is a first person shooter not a camping simulator, it's more fun when you have a gun. What I think happened is that they took away the starter pistol, but they didn't add any more pistol spawns in the coastal areas for the new players. As such, I played for 2 days without ever getting a way to defend myself and finally looked up a loot map for some more remote locations to get weapons. Got one right away and now it's smooth sailing. In my opinion it's too difficult to find a way to defend yourself at the start without looking stuff up.

2) The only time I've ever broken my leg or lost blood is from a zombie hitting me. If I had a gun I could just shoot the zombie before that happened. A lot of times how I've died is that I'll sneak into a building but once there I'll aggro a zombie. But it'll clip through the wall or walk right through a close door and somehow trap me. Well with a gun, bang, he's dead. Your advice might be good if zombies weren't so buggy. The riskiest time is when you're in a building trying to loot outside I never have many problems. Guns also trivialize the slow walking zombies indoors so for me, my #1 source of death is surprise indoor zombies, seems my #1 priority is a gun.