You see a Hero  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you shoot him?

• Yes. I will
    • No, I won't
    • I don't know

You see a hero about 50 meters away, he sees you, he lower his weapon and says that he is friendly. He got an L85A2 HOLO and a big fat coyote backpack on his shoulders. He does the dance of friendship and ask if you need any medical help... What do you do?

I would generally not shoot him... Expecially if I don't have an AS50 or something strong enough to either insta-kill him or incapacitate him.

"I've got a jamming issue with my rifle, if you would just look this way down the barrel.."

No brainer, i would think most wouldnt shoot.

You can't even trust heroes these days, they might just be bandits healing their friends.

Yeh, that's a pretty big issue. TBH I'm not a fan of the whole humanity system anyway and never have been, it's too black and white. I like to be a medic but I kill people that are a threat fairly often too so it's a grey area.

Anyhoo, in the situation above I wouldn't shoot.

I wouldn't. I've met a few very heavily armed players (M107) and we never shot each other.

see the problem with a poll like this is people will get so twitchy around other players when they have good gear they shoot in fear of losing it ive been fired at by heavly armed heros while trying to offer bloodbags myself.

A lone hero: Depends after i do my "test". but it's unlikely i'll shoot them.

hero(s) in a group: more likely to shoot them. But then again it depends on the situation and the kind of people that approach me.

But my answer regarding to OPs scenario: No i would not shoot him/her.

Edited by GOD™

If he has equipment that I desire, I will rob him, or kill him if necessary.

If not, then I'll break his legs and drag him around.

If not even that, I'll party with him.

i would shoot a hero because, it could be a bandit XD

Unfortunately, intention is not skin deep. No matter what the other player looked like, I would observe their actions before proceeding. A wolf in sheep's clothing; you just never know.

You obviously haven't been playing dayz long enough XD

Whenever I see a hero, I'll most likely say: "Hey Se7en!" and keep walking my way.

You obviously haven't been playing dayz long enough XD

You obviously don't know, what TMW does ;-)

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/99986-need-medical-assistance-find-a-medic-here/

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Whenever I see a hero, I'll most likely say: "Hey Se7en!" and keep walking my way.

is that because im hunting you ? ;)

This is funny because being a hero myself it is pretty damn accurate

I took this poll a while back, and recently, had an encounter with a hero. Not all heroes are nice, especially private hive ones, they just have to bloodbag their bandit buddys and what do you know they have a hero skin. The other day they had opened fire on our heli, which we declared friendly in chat, and managed to kill 0 of my friends and I was the person to kill the hero. Long story short, bandits are masters of disguise, and trust is something every player should keep in mind. - The one and only, Mcc83

I took this poll a while back, and recently, had an encounter with a hero. Not all heroes are nice, especially private hive ones, they just have to bloodbag their bandit buddys and what do you know they have a hero skin. The other day they had opened fire on our heli, which we declared friendly in chat, and managed to kill 0 of my friends and I was the person to kill the hero. Long story short, bandits are masters of disguise, and trust is something every player should keep in mind. - The one and only, Mcc83

While this is possible and does come up, it's a small percentage of the heroes, and it's very difficult to maintain if the lead a typical bandit playstyle.

If he has equipment that I desire, I will rob him, or kill him if necessary.

If not, then I'll break his legs and drag him around.

If not even that, I'll party with him.

alright come onto ''joe's zombie shack'' the taviana server i play and when i log on as cheezewhaz find me, i dare you!

alright come onto ''joe's zombie shack'' the taviana server i play and when i log on as cheezewhaz find me, i dare you!

Why?