FrostDMG

Anyone else agree?

And how do you know that it's over a year from release? That wouldn't make any sense since by then there will surely be another company that will come out with a similar game (ala WarZ) but without the nonsense

They have said in the dev blogs that they are committed to at least 12 months of development post alpha release so yes it's safe to say it won't be finished for at least another year.

I do agree the dev blogs are a little underwhelming though, I would have liked to have seen more frequent small updates, what they have been working on in the last week etc but if they showed videos, screenshots every week then there would be no surprises left and realistically we aren't going to see huge changes/additions on a weekly bases, there just isn't a lot of new stuff to show.

Edited by SmashT

Yeah, but do you not agree that we're not really getting enough info from the devs?

You sound like a self-entitled little shit.

How many other devs post anything? Anything at all?

A handful.

They update us every week (or at least every second week) with stuff and you're whining like a little girl because you want pretty pictures and videos.

Most of the work they are doing is on the networking side and the networking side of things, you can't really take much pictures of that.

They have said in the dev blogs that they are committed to at least 12 months of development post alpha release so yes it's safe to say it won't be finished for at least another year.

Hooray for quality assurance! Edit: Yea what he (Rossums) said, don't be pissin in peoples cheerios yo'!!!

Edited by Whatsausername

yeah i'd love some more updates am i pissed off that we're not getting any info nope, what fucks me off is when reddit and other forms of media get the information before us (not happened since rocket has been away). Im happy with playing the Mod until it comes out, as people have said the dev updates are gifted to us better some info then none at all.

• Like 1

I do agree the dev blogs are a little underwhelming though, I would have liked to have seen more frequent small updates, what they have been working on in the last week etc but if they showed videos, screenshots every week then there would be no surprises left and realistically we aren't going to see huge changes/additions on a weekly bases, there just isn't a lot of new stuff to show.

So, will they go ahead with the "minecraft" model and release the game in alpha?

So, will they go ahead with the "minecraft" model and release the game in alpha?

Yes, it's being released in alpha (following the minecraft model) with at least 12 months of development after that before it will be finished, the price will increase over time to reflect that.

Edited by SmashT

You sound like a self-entitled little shit.

How many other devs post anything? Anything at all?

A handful.

They update us every week (or at least every second week) with stuff and you're whining like a little girl because you want pretty pictures and videos.

Most of the work they are doing is on the networking side and the networking side of things, you can't really take much pictures of that.

Right, so wishing that there were more updates means I'm being self entitled? Seems you don't even understand the meaning of the word, so instead of trying to throw insults, just stop posting

Edited by FrostDMG

I come from the time where you had to check out a monthly magazine to get your update on what game would be released when. So no i don't agree with you.

Lots of people are talking about "to keep interest up" why do you think that's important? Even if i forget that DayZ exists(unlikely) i will hear about it when it's released.

But then again i don't use twitter.. so i wont be updated every second about info i can do without. Maybe im the asshole :lol:

• Like 4

Alright guys, first of all I don't want to start any flamewar or controversy, but I just wanna get my opinion out there and hear what everyone else thinks about this...

Basically, what I'm referring to is the lack of updates we're getting from DayZ devs.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, I mean I love hiking and climbing and shit, but c'mon guys... You release video of the dev talking - that's cool - but what would be cooler would be to see some screenshots or even better, gameplay videos...

Why? Because that keeps the interest up. If we're not getting any new screenies and are just given a lack luster interview (sorry to be blunt) the interest for the game will rapidly decline. I know there are a LOT of dedicated DayZ fans such as myself that will follow the game regardless, but even we would love to see how the game progresses.

I made a similar post back in the "mod" days, where I basically the dev-community interaction was almost non-existent. I don't think the DayZ devs realize how much of a difference releasing one or two screenshots a week will make and how much interest that will generate! Sure, release the screens with a big "THIS IS STILL WORK IN PROGRESS" watermark, go ahead, but we just wanna see how the game looks.

Anyone agree? I was reading through the comments the youtube video and there were a lot of angry viewers...

If it isn't that polish guy from battlelog :P

well i was now absent for more then a month....and although there were no really exciting news since then (at least for me) i am already again stuck in here posting like a beast. eventually you get away for a month or two but it keeps attracting you. just find other stuff to distract you for a while ;)..po prostu..

Edited by joe_mcentire

Right, so wishing that there were more updates means I'm being self entitled? Seems you don't even understand the meaning of the word, so instead of trying to throw insults, just stop posting

You are moaning about not enough screenshots and videos for no reason at all.

They said they would give us a Dev Blog (which they have been doing) and you are wanting more (and have no regard with what the work the team is doing currently).

There is literally no point in them taking time out of development to make little videos and take pictures of stuff that isn't even finalised to appease a few complainers.

2 weeks you have e3 rocket and crew will be there they will show you what you want to know.

e3 june 11th -13th

• Like 2

You are moaning about not enough screenshots and videos for no reason at all.

They said they would give us a Dev Blog (which they have been doing) and you are wanting more (and have no regard with what the work the team is doing currently).

There is literally no point in them taking time out of development to make little videos and take pictures of stuff that isn't even finalised to appease a few complainers.

Nope, don't think I was moaning...

But here's a good one: "Taking time out of development"... And yet they're off climbing mountains?...

But here's a good one: "Taking time out of development"... And yet they're off climbing mountains?...

but now you feel entiteld to judge how someone should live his life? a maybe once in a lifetime chance? you serious right now? i guess BIS is able to make the right decisions regarding game developing.

I always enjoy hearing info from the devs regarding any of the games I'm following during development, I don't want them to post info just to placate people though. I want them to post when they feel they have something of value to tell us not just for the sake of it.

Regarding hype/marketing etc. of course interest has died down. Last summer was mental and the mod broke many records and expectations, it surged to popularity on a wave of hype. It's worth remembering it did that without a penny spent on advertising and not one hint of a marketing campaign. That hype can only last for so long, those of us that love the mod should be happy that because of it's success they have now been given the opportunity to make a full standalone game, that's something Rocket and us could only have dreamed of this time last year.

There's a long way to go yet and plenty of time for that hype to build again (if it does, I personally don't care if it does or not but that's just me being selfish) and that will only be achieved if the devs make a solid game offering us something no other game can. Currently it's still in pre-alpha, I can't think of one game ever in the last 20 years that's offered weekly screenshots (if any at all) of a pre-alpha build and I don't see why DayZ should be any different.

E3 isn't far off and I'd guess they're holding some stuff back to demo there, much like any other developer.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

but now you feel entiteld to judge how someone should live his life? a maybe once in a lifetime chance? you serious right now? i guess BIS is able to make the right decisions regarding game developing.

I don't feel entitled to shit, but I can judge all I god damn want to. And let me tell you, when I see devs going on a "trip of a lifetime" during game development, I think they're not taking their job seriously, and I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Not sure why not sucking dev's balls and agreeing with everything they say means you're being self entitled.

Nope, don't think I was moaning...

He's climbing Mt. Everest that was planned before standalone development.

Most of the time these devblogs have come on their freetime because they are busy. How many of you likes to do work, that isn't really necessary, in your home after 8h of work?

HEY! yall better chill out before I call Smokey the bear!

Edited by Whatsausername

I don't feel entitled to shit, but I can judge all I god damn want to. And let me tell you, when I see devs going on a "trip of a lifetime" during game development, I think they're not taking their job seriously, and I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Not sure why not sucking dev's balls and agreeing with everything they say means you're being self entitled.

It's been said many times but I'll say it again. Rockets trip to mount Everest was planned for years before the mod was even made and had many thousands of dollars invested in it. BIS were well aware of the trip when contracts were signed to make the SA. Of course the timing sucks and Rocket has acknowledged but let's stop calling it a "holiday" etc. It's an opportunity most of us will never get and many people plan for years without ever achieving.

Nobody's sucking dev balls here, I'm just looking at things for what they are.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

No, I don't agree. Yes, getting more screenshots and videos would be fantastic, but no... I don't think they need to be doing more in terms of releasing screenshots and videos. We already have more access to screenshots and videos for a standalone video game that isn't even released as an alpha than most - if not all - other games currently in development. I don't think that completing a trip that was likely planned well before the idea for a standalone even existed is "not taking your job seriously." Rocket has admitted that it was a mistake to unrealistically build up expectations with regard to release and threads like this are the reason why that's true... people get spoiled.

• Like 3

Because you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

We already have screenshots,we already have game-play footage, we know what it's going to look like, releasing more screenshots would achieve NOTHING.

Why the hell would anyone (dev or not) quit a group trip with thousands of $ put into it just in case some whiny people on a game forum though of them as not taking their job seriously?

He is one person, there is an entire team working on it, you just sound like a spoiled brat.

• Like 2

ruSerious.jpg

Whilst I do agree with your desire for more videos and snapshots of content, there's always gonna be more to report at the start of development. They're probably going through the fine-tuning now, so there's not a great deal to really stick into explosive, action-packed DevBlogs.

Plus, surely you want some of the content to be a surprise once you've booted the full release?

I like mystery.

My biggest hope is that they lower health so that snipers are actually one shot kills, instead of "welp, just got shot with a sniper, brb gotta bb"

I get frustrated and annoyed at updates that don't feature a lot of cool, new screenshots.

It's too bad I'm not actually entitled to any of these. Complaining would at least help to make me feel better. :(

Very reasonable post in a flame war.

Come on Fraggle we need more gas for the flames and your last post was nothing short of a bucket of water on the campfire. Should have added a word like entitled or lied to the post just to spice it up. I will try to repair the damage you have done to the flames of gaming passion.

I am pissed that whiny little entitled gamers were lied to by the cowardly Rocket who is laughing his way up Mount Everest fueled by the tears of DayZ fanboys. He should have never been allowed to go on that once in a lifetime climb up Everest when he had personally promised to hand every fan a game last Christmas and then followed it up by giving a guarantee the game would be released in April. I am also pretty sure that Sergey Titov is just Rocket in a fat suit. Plus his haircut looks like he just went to a fall out boy concert where he met up with a girl who also enjoys his pastime of cutting and writing dark poetry.

Edited by Zombie Jesus
  • Like 2