Xianyu

No more 50 cals!

Good riddance!

Will I miss the AS50? No not really, But my M107, or my grief rifle, I'll miss dearly, but I guess I'll have to move on and adapt. No more Helio hunting in the northern fields of Chernarus. More or less I used it as a defensive tool. Base Defense, and destroying helicopters that got to close. They are not getting rid of the Lapua are they? For Authentically reasons, I can see why the Huey and M107 would be in Chenarus, because technically didn't the US try to contain the outbreak, as well as local forces? Also when the US adopted the Blackhawk, they surplused tons of Hueys.

They are not getting rid of the Lapua are they?

The Lapua is actually outright banned. Even private hives have to pull some hijinks before they can add it back into their loot tables.

I have no clue know why.

As for the Hueys, I can't see any reasonable explanation for it. It's an ex-Soviet state, they'd have ex-Soviet equipment and they wouldn't be interested in 40-year-old American helicopters. They already have Mi-8s. Just a case of DayZ using what's available. The Hueys don't bother me too much but ideally they would be replaced with something else - I hope they aren't in the Standalone or that would seem like lazy development....

I feel the only reason why people don't like sniper rifles is becuase it is so easy to make a kill. There is no skill needed to make a sniper shot in this game. They plan on adding wind into the game. I feel once that is done, that will make snipers more realisitic and the only people using them will be those with real skill and not every kid and their uncle who know how to put a dot on you. Distance isn't the issue, its the distance invovled when you have wind drift.

Every one argues over balance, but the game is based off real life, and there are some peices of equipment out there that are compeltly lagit in being overpowered. But the gamers here don't want that, they want balance, Balane like CoD has, which takes away the whole immersion effect of this being a simiulator of what it is like in real life. Now they are adding wind but taking out .50 cals. So a nurf and balancer at the same time. I'll tell you right now, a sniper in real life on a battle field is truly overpowering, but that is real life. They don't get thier weapons and gear nurfed to make it more balanced for combat. Of course, that sniper is skilled in what he can do, not every one can do that kind of thing. The emphasis here is on real life skill. In this game, I would love the oppertunity to take some thing out from 1k away, but I want it so that if I hit it, it shows I have the skill to do it, and that I just didn't zero on it and then put my cross hair right on top of it. I want to work for that kill, just like in real life.

This isn't a personal attack against any one, I am growing tired of a dev team who would rather nurf things for "balance" sake then actuly implement the game engin capabile mechanics to actuly make snipeing more difficult in the first place. That isn't nurfing, that is making it more realistic. I hate getting sniped just as much as the next person, but you don't take .50 cals out becuase every one knows how to put a cross hair over your body.

As a Heli Pilot, one thing that kept me on my toes was when I flew into an area where some one might have a .50 cal. Now, I wont have to worry about where I fly. This baby aint going down. I am now in a mobile air tank.

Even with windage added you still have the problem of the AS50 being as easy to use up close as an M14, the whole being able to hip fire at a high rate and with accuracy thing is a joke anyway, the 50 cals just take it way too far,

Oh great the casual whiner gamers finally won

Bye bye snipers...

• Like 1

i'm all for removing crap that removes the feel of a zombie survival game. if it were up to me, the best weapons would be assault rifles, and when you saw a guy carrying an AK you would get your ass out of there. close-up fights are so much more intense. and i'd get rid of all helicopters. and most vehicles. and most of the ammo, make it really rare.

basically i'd make dayZ 2017 :D

No basically you would make WarZ and that's why no one gives fucks to that opinion.

Because lets face it a game where you cant find anything after an hour of play is stale, boring and dumb.

Most realistic survivor game ever!!!

You're Winner!

You walk for 2 hours and find candy bar! possibly flashlight

You're Winner!

Want more ammo and stuff?

Buy it from our End of the world store with gold coins

You're Winner!

Everybody is fighting over .50 cals and I'm just sitting here with my AKM.

Personally I love long shots and sniping...at the range. In game it's just so easy with a .50. No wind, no bullet drop(Ok, alittle) and no skill. Just wait for your target to stop moving for a second and give them a swift end. I understand the removal in terms of mechanics and besides it's pretty hard to yell "friendly" over direct from 700m out.

Edited by Bloodtrozorx
  • Like 1

No basically you would make WarZ and that's why no one gives fucks to that opinion.

how is that in any way like warZ? and why the hate? your post made no sense, then you make another post about how much of an idiot i am for things i DID NOT FUCKING SAY.

Because lets face it a game where you cant find anything after an hour of play is stale, boring and dumb.

Most realistic survivor game ever!!!

You're Winner!

You walk for 2 hours and find candy bar! possibly flashlight

You're Winner!

Want more ammo and stuff?

Buy it from our End of the world store with gold coins

You're Winner!

walk for five minutes and find a helicopter, an as50 and night vision goggles?

YOURE WINNER!

shut up you idiot i didnt even mention anything about buying in game items.

• Like 1

lol @ people that want insanely complicate sniping.

yall forget its a video game.

and i don't know about you guys but i sure as shit don't want to have to "train" so i can handle myself with a rifle.

Learn to use cover and smoke grenades.

• Like 1

Brony is worked up like a diva without attention.

lol @ people that want insanely complicate sniping.

yall forget its a video game.

and i don't know about you guys but i sure as shit don't want to have to "train" so i can handle myself with a rifle.

Learn to use cover and smoke grenades.

You completly miss the whole idea of DayZ. It is a simulator which makes stuff as real as possible, and a program created by a soldier who is looking for that in depth imersion. Many of the players are here for that whole aspect, not a CoD experience.

• Like 2

You guys need to chill out

You still have a dmr among other snipers

And of course you don't want to train, you want it handed to you on a silver platter all shiny with no bullet drop and easy mode

How many of you have replied to bambi threads or told people to " get over it" and "adapt to survive"

Start following your own advice

Get over it because this is happening and there's nothing you can do about it

You want to survive (or snipe bambis, whatever) then learn to use another rifle because its your only option if you want to keep sniping

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

Snipe bambis? Did they put deer in there as game? Haven't played DayZ in a while.

• Like 1

Kind of stupid, because now there are no one shot snipers without headshots. If you get hit with a 7.62x51mm in the chest, you aren't coming out of that alive.

Kind of stupid, because now there are no one shot snipers without headshots. If you get hit with a 7.62x51mm in the chest, you aren't coming out of that alive.

Exactly... and conversely, you shouldn't drop dead from getting shot in the foot.

They just need to make changes to the damage handler to make it better. Look at Murcielago's "Real Damage" mod or the ACE damage system.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144463-Real-Damage-for-Arma-2

Please keep this civil.

--

Remove the UH-1H? But what other helicopter can perform maneuvers as ridiculously smooth as it? The Mi-17 certainly cannot.

Please keep this civil.

--

Remove the UH-1H? But what other helicopter can perform maneuvers as ridiculously smooth as it? The Mi-17 certainly cannot.

I'm pretty sure BB would have a fit :lol:

Outside of alt+F4? Yeah, you're not surviving taking a 7.62 shot. Have you ever nailed a guy with a DMR round? He's pretty much fucked. On the ground, bleeding, unconscious. An easy follow-up shot to take him down. Same as the M24, or the FAL, or any other of the really hard-hitting rifles.

Just don't miss that first shot.

We just need a functionality that, even if the little fucker alt + F4's, his body, loot, and game 'existence' stays in the server until the unconsciousness wears off. Or maybe even longer.

or we could learn to shoot people in the head. I know that's gonna be my new 'go to' method.

• Like 1

Outside of alt+F4? Yeah, you're not surviving taking a 7.62 shot. Have you ever nailed a guy with a DMR round? He's pretty much fucked. On the ground, bleeding, unconscious. An easy follow-up shot to take him down. Same as the M24, or the FAL, or any other of the really hard-hitting rifles.

Meh, I shot someone either two or three times with a CZ550 at 960 meters and he kept running around. Didn't die.

I want something in a larger caliber... the minimum would be .300 Win Mag or thereabouts. 3 round magazine, more recoil, slightly longer reload. I want it.

Do you even Littlebird?

Sure, it can't take a hit from a 5.56 but it turns on a freaking dime.

But yes, removal of .50cals. Yay. Now we just need damage hit boxes so that getting domed isn't the only way to put someone down in one shot.

EDIT: Or instead of removal, replace it with the KSVK. Bolt action iirc, no magic zeroing, and it makes sense given the post-soviet setting.

Edited by Pandema