llamafarm

Banned Months Ago, Please Help

Hello fellow DayZ members, i recently got back into the swing of video games (summers here ;) ) I thought i would start back up my DayZ addiction, after re-installing it because my computer died, Come to find out i'm community banned? I remember being banned from a server MONTHS ago literally, MONTHS, I guess ill explain how that came about:

Me and a friend, in elektro, hanging out on rooftops and literally killing anyone and everyone that decided to cross our paths, even fresh spawns, to the point where a couple people were raging in chat... Like it was something new to them, to be killed on sight. So not even a 5 minutes goes by of these guys complaining, that an admin flies in with his chopper, and who seemed to be invincible? or god mode or something? and we were both banned within minutes.. this was right before i went off to school, so its been quite some time.

I didn't think anything of the ban, seeing as i thought it was just that server (I'm Stuck in the cs 1.6 era) now I'm at a standpoint here...

GUID: b1bf52e7877dc2622cc7086bd44c88df

PlayerID: 29611270

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks a bunch!

Hello fellow DayZ members, i recently got back into the swing of video games (summers here ;) ) I thought i would start back up my DayZ addiction, after re-installing it because my computer died, Come to find out i'm community banned? I remember being banned from a server MONTHS ago literally, MONTHS, I guess ill explain how that came about:

Me and a friend, in elektro, hanging out on rooftops and literally killing anyone and everyone that decided to cross our paths, even fresh spawns, to the point where a couple people were raging in chat... Like it was something new to them, to be killed on sight. So not even a 5 minutes goes by of these guys complaining, that an admin flies in with his chopper, and who seemed to be invincible? or god mode or something? and we were both banned within minutes.. this was right before i went off to school, so its been quite some time.

I didn't think anything of the ban, seeing as i thought it was just that server (I'm Stuck in the cs 1.6 era) now I'm at a standpoint here...

GUID: b1bf52e7877dc2622cc7086bd44c88df

PlayerID: 29611270

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks a bunch!

Is this a server or global ban?
  • Like 1

Nothing can be done here your best bet is to contact the server staff on their website, or hope you get extremely lucky and they see it here but that won't happen unless you supply a server name.

cool story...

Literally one of the most pointless posts I've read this week, and that's including that "Diskonchon thread" or whatever. :emptycan:

Is this a server or global ban?

I believe it's a CBL ban, since he does say:

I thought i would start back up my DayZ addiction, after re-installing it because my computer died, Come to find out i'm community banned?

Though he could have misspoken. OP, can you give us the exact ban message?

You have more chance of getting BE tio unban you than the CBL, Lucky for you though, not all servers use that useless list :)

Keep trying and look in server adverts for people not using CBL.

I said months back it was a crap idea with too many innocents caught, I got 2 forum warnings for my troubles, again helping someone wrongly added.

You didn't cheat, you just butthurt some admin.

• Like 1

Wow guys! thanks for the responses, it is NOT a global ban, like i said, community ban, If it were hacks, i would hope to be global banned, i would deserve that.

You have more chance of getting BE tio unban you than the CBL, Lucky for you though, not all servers use that useless list :)

Keep trying and look in server adverts for people not using CBL.

I said months back it was a crap idea with too many innocents caught, I got 2 forum warnings for my troubles, again helping someone wrongly added.

You didn't cheat, you just butthurt some admin.

Okay, I unbanned you on that server somehow.

So you're saying that even though its not a global ban, its easiest to go through battleye still?

and to sausagekingochicago I'm not sure if that is true my friend.

excuse SausageKing, he is...special.

Wow guys! thanks for the responses, it is NOT a global ban, like i said, community ban, If it were hacks, i would hope to be global banned, i would deserve that.

Wow, heres someone who is pretty smart! Anyone who hacks deserves to be banned.

So what's the ban message exactly? As far as I know the Community Ban List hasn't been maintained/updated since around August last year.

Edited by SmashT

So you're saying that even though its not a global ban, its easiest to go through battleye still?

No i meant you're screwed with the CBL list, nobody maintains it anymore and far too many innocents are trapped on it :(

At least with BE bans you can appeal, CBL has no appeal system.

It was always a shit idea and the Dayz team allowed it to happen.

Whoah, there cowboy! I was a nice idea, but ultimately flawed. Not everyone related to dayz is in favour of community ban lists. That's a bit of a sweeping statement there.

Anyhoo, the best thing to do is to contact the admin of any CBL using server you are trying to gain access to and explain your situation. Any decent server host who is still using the list (oxymoron?) should be aware that it's a "rough guide" only and unsupported. If not then its probably not a server you want to be on anyway.

There's not really anything that anyone can do.

Do not contact bettleye over this, it's nowt to do with them and It's beyond our control.

Rgds

LoK

No i meant you're screwed with the CBL list, nobody maintains it anymore and far too many innocents are trapped on it :(

At least with BE bans you can appeal, CBL has no appeal system.

You say that as if we all went "Yes. We want random people to be banned without any way to defend from it. That is perfect."

In theory, it was a brilliant idea; server admins report cheaters to the list, they get banned from many servers. This kept servers safer and discouraged cheating.

Its only critical flaw was that it was abandoned. Now nobody gets added, but more seriously, nobody gets removed.

Right now, I'm kinda campaigning for official interjection to take it down, and I actively suggest all servers stop using it. It should have been wiped when all interest with the project was lost. But don't pin the blame on us; we think it's just a bad an idea as you.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

The problem is that server admins are using it without even knowing it :( TSW and Dart both use the CBL

People thought it was official because of posts like this It might not be 100% official, but a DayZ Dev is working for the CBL and they at least get something done about the hacker problem while reporting them here on the forum is like writing a letter and send it to the moon: pointless.

Not one person from the Dayz team corrected him and after i recieved 2 warnings the post was closed, I asked for it to be re-opened and it was refused.

The list should be removed and let BE do the job they are meant to do, I think they do it well :)

• Like 1

Pay me no mind. The only way to get a ban like this removed is by contacting the admin of that server. If it's a private community, their forum is the best place to try. But if you're getting banned like this, you're better off finding a better community anyway.

Hackers shall burn in the righteous fires of hell, may god judge you accordingly.

This is why I'm confused, I tried logging on to any dayz server(first it was a breaking point server) and I'm just forever banned from everywhere it seems, i know the next thing everyone will say is "it must be a global ban" but i assure you, it is not. I'll get a full ban message when I get home.

Sorry for double posting but my ban message is

(Battleye: Admin Ban( w4d9b2182 0x0f44d938 ))

Yep, that's the CBL, it hasn't been updated since about August though and your GUID isn't even listed on it currently. I assume it was removed at some point many months ago but most admins never update their bans or filters. You'll need to appeal to individual servers that have you banned and ask they remove you.

Edited by SmashT