eden.is.masterchief@me.com

Alt F4 Effect and morality

I was just logging in, and it turned out I had been killed before I was able to see my characters view/ status/ hud. This kinda pissed me off, but i carried on playing anyway. After running from the spawn point in the volcano, i log in a field.

But when I log in, within 3 seconds of getting screen, theres a truck drives by, stops and two guys get out and hammer me.

I desperation I alt f4'd and closed the window.

Fist of all, what does this do?

Secondly, do you think I was justified?

BTW, when I relogged after dying the first time, the original loot i had was on me, but i could not ads or fire my gun, which didnt give me much chance against the bandits.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

I was just logging in, and it turned out I had been killed before I was able to see my characters view/ status/ hud. This kinda pissed me off, but i carried on playing anyway. After running from the spawn point in the volcano, i log in a field.

But when I log in, within 3 seconds of getting screen, theres a truck drives by, stops and two guys get out and hammer me.

I desperation I alt f4'd and closed the window.

Fist of all, what does this do?

BTW, when I relogged after dying the first time, the original loot i had was on me, but i could not ads or fire my gun, which didnt give me much chance against the bandits.

Thanks guys

That's combat logging, you should pick a better place to log out.
  • Like 3

If you log in a field then suck it up. You could just as easily logged out in the treeline or some bushes nearby.

Don't log out to avoid death...

• Like 4

Don't log out to avoid death...

I do that all the time on Origins cause they AI they threw on there is fucking bullshit.

And dont give me the "It was probably your fault" bullshit. I was hidden well enough from the AI heli's and they still gunned my friend and I down..

Combat logging? Not at all. It wasn't their fault you chose a crappy place to log out.

Next time find a nice secluded place to log or man up and take your death.

• Like 2

Don't play an online survivor game if you're going to press a combination of two buttons in order to survive.

• Like 2

I wish players would be "automatically banned" from servers that press "ALT + F4".

There is no reason to "combat log".

* Your essentially abusing an exploit to stay alive.

Let me guess a couple other times you press "ALT+F4"

- Died to another sniper at the NWAF

- Killed in Elektro / Cherno

- Died walking in the open plains of Stary Sobor.

Both players like yourself, and hackers are responsible for driving off players when the "DayZ" became popular.

--

As for the people justifying "ALT+F4" to escape hackers.

* Your both exploiting the system, what is the difference?

Isn't there a 5 min knock out penalty for combat loggers now? Not like it really did anything, whenever I get the drop on someone and open fire, the majority of the time they log on me.

I've seen people log from zombies before too lol.

Morons like you ruin the game for everyone.

Want to be able to kill people and get loot BUT OMG YOU CANT KILL ME SO UNFAIR *Alt + F4*

It is pathetic and I wish people like you would get server banned for essentially cheating.

• Like 1

--

As for the people justifying "ALT+F4" to escape hackers.

* Your both exploiting the system, what is the difference?

Clearly combat logging upsets you, as it should, its a huge problem still,

But i refuse to believe you cant see the difference between someone who hacks and someone who quits the game to escape a hacker.

• Like 1

@the OP:

Combat logging - what you describe doing - you will learn is considered by this community one of the most despised actions possible. I take it you did not fully realize this, so at least now you know. Many private server owners - myself included - have taken measures to punish this behavior, and even ban players who still manage to it. The advice above is priceless; choosing where to log out is just as important as any other aspect of playing the game.

@PaxC4T:

I sympathize as the AI I installed on my Taviana server was far too godlike. I removed it rather quickly.

• Like 1

Clearly combat logging upsets you, as it should, its a huge problem still,

But i refuse to believe you cant see the difference between someone who hacks and someone who quits the game to escape a hacker.

Players need to go through the same process, just when the "DayZ team" implemented the combat timer.

* Remember how players cried that they will fall victim to hackers, due to the combat timer being what,"15 - 25 sec?"

- Too bad it only affects the abort option.

Players found a reason to justify the usage of "ALT+F4".

* Then they all saw the advantages of this current exploit.

- Not only can they escape hackers, but legit game play as-well.

If they removed the advantages of "ALT+F4"

* At-least the team would only have to deal with one with problem, hackers.

- But in reality the team has two problems to seriously deal with, hackers and alt + f4 combat loggers.

Ok, you mean people who use hackers as an excuse to alt-f4, when there is no hacker, agreed, those guys suck.

I wish players would be "automatically banned" from servers that press "ALT + F4".

Even if I use to to quickly close down the entire game as opposed to aborting, and going exit? Ooh, harsh.

Even if I use to to quickly close down the entire game as opposed to aborting, and going exit? Ooh, harsh.

Is there a reason you can't abort the mission like any other player?

Is there a reason you can't abort the mission like any other player?

No. I can do that. But I like to use Alt+F4 because it is quicker. Of course, I am not in combat at the time.

Inception, although your point is valid, it gives guys that Alt+F4 during more excuses to defend themselves when people like us come running along criticising them for it. "Oh, I was just closing down my game, I was going off anyway". It's not a fault of the game. In essence, it's a fault of Windows. It happens in more than just DayZ, believe me.

I can understand where you're coming from, but the abort option is there for a reason. It takes 5 seconds longer, and will avoid any of us being banned in the future for taking the 'quick way out', even if it was for a legit reason, and even if such a system is put in place. People need to start learning from their actions, I couldn't give a crap if a guy does it and gets banned from the entire standalone, that guy did it knowing exactly what he was doing. People who cheat the mod/game need to start paying the price.

• Like 2

No. I can do that. But I like to use Alt+F4 because it is quicker. Of course, I am not in combat at the time.

Sure....."tsk tsk"

;)

You have mentioned the unmentionable!

You admit to Combat Logging!

Your sentence - ridicule.

Seriously(!) like others have said there isn't any justification for logging out in Combat and you just have to be careful where you log out when finishing up your session. When i first started playing DayZ eons ago i remember foolishly logging out for the night in the NWAF barracks. Was i really surprised when logging back in the next day i copped a face full of bullets and died within seconds? No i was just stupid.

• Like 2

Inception, although your point is valid, it gives guys that Alt+F4 during more excuses to defend themselves when people like us come running along criticising them for it. "Oh, I was just closing down my game, I was going off anyway". It's not a fault of the game. In essence, it's a fault of Windows. It happens in more than just DayZ, believe me.

I can understand where you're coming from, but the abort option is there for a reason. It takes 5 seconds longer, and will avoid any of us being banned in the future for taking the 'quick way out', even if it was for a legit reason, and even if such a system is put in place. People need to start learning from their actions, I couldn't give a crap if a guy does it and gets banned from the entire standalone, that guy did it knowing exactly what he was doing. People who cheat the mod/game need to start paying the price.

No no, I know, my original comment was more of a joke. There is no effort in aborting and exiting the game, and I would not care if such a punishment would be implemented for those who Alt+F4.

• Like 1

I've tried that too, but for whatever reason the Alt+F4 combination doesn't work on my system. B)

You logged out in a field, Face the consequences.

I've tried that too, but for whatever reason the Alt+F4 combination doesn't work on my system. B)

same here.

Alt+f4ing is one of the biggest problems that needs to be fixed. Even more than glitchy zombies.

Me and a friend were at green mountain when we spotted a guy running up the hill with a DMR and some other good gear. I took the shot with my Enfield and knocked him unconscious. not 2 seconds before he hit the ground while I was lining up the kill shot he completely disappeared. We decided to wait him out but instead got ambushed by his friends who he had obviously called to come and clear the area so he could get blood bagged and back to full health.