TIC

Strictly use an actual name + other identity details for Standalone (Regarding Usernames)

Hey guys, TIC here. I wanted to bring up an idea that I thought would be good.. What about something that regards in names?

Here's how it works;

ID CARDS

• One of your first given spawn items, could also be dropped or replaced with other forms of identification such as Dog Tags too..
  • ID cards can be dropped and left behind. It's been confirmed that dogs will track items dropped by players
  • ID cards may be damaged by gun fire(Determined by area shot from; shirt pockets, jeans), water damage.
  • I have wondered if this should be an actual item in your inventory or something that's invisibly bound onto the player; your pick.
  • Information details; Name, Gender, Blood Type(easier to give right blood for transfusions), Date/Time of birth(determines when you started surviving/duration
  • If POSSIBLE; I'd like to see a way that we can eliminate usernames that contain things such as; Xx420L337BronyXx, QuikSkopeZ and other ridiculous names***NO OFFENSE IF THAT'S YOU!*** :D

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 3

It's a game dude.

gamers will always have weird and stupid names.

• Like 5

This.

I saw a guy in a breaking point game called 420YoloMcSwaggySwag, and to be honest it made me laugh, because he couldn't possible have been serious.

I don't mind ridiculous names, because it makes me laugh when I kill people with names like that.

• Like 2

no I like weird names people come up with to make me laugh.

There is a guy on my server that plays by the name of Fatty Buttercakes the stuff he says cracks me up all the time.

No. The only two names I ever go by are my username and my real name, and I'm not interested in giving everyone my real name on a card.

So your saying I can't be called uber1337haxor anymore?

I'm out

This.

I saw a guy in a breaking point game called 420YoloMcSwaggySwag

So tempted to completely steal that as my handle from now on.

I don't like when people use the reason "It's only a game dude." In the beginning of movie history movies were "only" movies and the real culture was theater and literature. It took 30 years before movies were taken seriously enough to actually be recognized as real culture. If we as a culture or community of gamers never allow games to think outside the box or evolve the "rules" of gaming it will never happen. Not really on-topic but anyway! :)

I like the idea of a multiplayer game or experiences where you play against other persons, not other players; especially in a game like DayZ that is all about immersion and emotions. There could be somethins as simple as a random name generator that gives you a first and last name and you could reroll it. Actually I would like it most if you couldn''t see any usernames or playerlists while on the server so the username would not even matter.

• Like 4

Nah! let them be, it's only a game,

Hell i changed my name to coincide with my voice and the attention it brings whenever i speak, everyone that hears usually asks are you Jackfrags apparently i sound just like him, so in a fun way i changed my ingame name to CrazyJack it's a bit of fun,

I thought you mean use people's actual names for their characters... trying to pull a Youtube on us!

• Like 2

• If POSSIBLE; I'd like to see a way that we can eliminate usernames that contain things such as; Xx420L337BronyXx, QuikSkopeZ and other ridiculous names***NO OFFENSE IF THAT'S YOU!*** :D

Why?

I often enjoy playing under the name #yoloswagxxx420mlgNOSCOPE.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

I understand using an actual name throws some players off the boat. I do know its a game but it seems to be aiming to be as realistic as it can be.

Besides, I never seen an ID card with X's and O's(like a love letter) along with the names you guys mentioned above me :P

I believe first names should only be used. If everyone were to use a first name, it'd make everyone almost annoymous anyway

Edited by TIC321

Can I take this opportunity to announce that I love the MLG videos; as such:-

• Like 1

You work for Google by any chance? Youtube keeps nagging me to use my real name :D

Everybody should just go by whatever name they feel like, especially those who live up to them.

I think what you are missing is that if the game were to use "Real names" it would most likely rely on the player to input this name, thus defeating the purpose. The only way to use the actual name of someone would be for the game to access other stuff on your computer (something im not comfortable with). someone else mentioned a name generator, I wouldn't mind that for the individual characters I just see it as unnecessary.

Edited by Whatsausername

I think what you are missing is that if the game were to use "Real names" it would most likely rely on the player to input this name, thus defeating the purpose. The only way to use the actual name of someone would be for the game to access other stuff on your computer (something im not comfortable with). someone else mentioned a name generator, I wouldn't mind that for the individual characters I just see it as unnecessary.

I think your forum username sets out a great example of my topic :)

The names could be as ridiculous as Mike Hunt, Alpha Kenny Wun, Kenny Fakur, Willie B Hardigan, Chris P Cream or even Mike Hawk.

Edited by TIC321

I think your forum username sets out a great example of my topic :)

I use it in game as well. its a game people are going to have stupid names, and I have no intend of putting my real name into one. I don't even use it for my email.

Edited by Whatsausername

Mike Hunt is already taken, he has a business around the corner from my work.

2n0d1z.jpg

• Like 2

It's a game dude.

Sorry to break it to you, but ArmAII is a Simulator, and DayZ is a Mod. I see no games here.

The standalone might actually classify as a Simulator as well...

• Like 1

Sorry to break it to you, but ArmAII is a Simulator, and DayZ is a Mod. I see no games here.

Exactly. This simulates survival in an apocalypse from a virus which could possibly exist in our world. The goal for my topic is to shoot for immersion along with realism that the standalone seems to be striving for at this point.

I'd also don't want to forget that I want to introduce ID cards as well to find out who was deceased.. Maybe next time I could introduce an enhanced 'Study Body' function that allows us to actually identify what wounds were inflicted instead such as you'd see zombie bites appear if the player were killed by zombies, gunshot wounds, etc.

Its played as a game more than a simulator. The fact is it does do a good job of simulating things but its still a video game meant to entertain people. Its not meant to determine what will happen in specific situations. As far as im concerned (and many people for that matter) its a game.
  • Like 1

Mike Hawk.

How is that ridiculous?

Myke Hawke is an experienced survival instructor in jungle, desert, arctic, sea, and urban environments. He is a published author with a bestselling language book and has a survival book due out in spring. Myke is also a motivational public speaker and a lecturer on crisis responses to manmade and natural disasters, including (WMD) Weapons of Mass Destruction. Hawke is the Director of and represents www.specops.com on-camera and in creative program development during media productions.

Specialized Training and Areas of Expertise includes, but is not limited to:

• Special Forces Detachment Commander course - 18A
  • Combined Arms Service Staff School - (CAS3)
  • Officer Advanced Course - Civil Affairs - 38A
  • Officer Advanced Course- Infantry - 11A
  • Medical Service Officer Course - 70B
  • Anti-Terrorism & Force Protection Instructor (AT/FP Level II)
  • Govt. Detention & Hostage Negotiation (PGD/HD SERE 245)
  • Personnel Recovery (JPRA 102)
  • Survival, Escape, Resistance & Evasion (SERE, Level - C)
  • Special Operations Medical Sergeant Course (18D)
  • Special Forces Morse Code & Communications Course (18E)
  • Special Forces Intelligence and Operations Course (18F)
  • Advanced Non Commissioned Officer Course (ANCOC)
  • Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
  • National Registry EMT Paramedic
  • Combat Anesthesia
  • Advanced Cardiac Life Support
  • Combat Chemical Casualty Care
  • Special Forces Jump Master
  • Defense Language Institute (Russian)
  • Media advisor: security, medical, and tactical
  • Translator
  • Survival and Prepardedness Expert
  • Peacekeeping Advisor to the U.N.
  • Fitness Trainer
  • Aikido Blackbelt & Instructor; multiple other martial arts
  • Expert Marksman
  • Scuba Diver

Languages: Advanced Russian and Spanish; Intermediate French, Italian and Serbo-Croation; Basic Turkish, Thai, Arabic, others.

Education: B.S. Biology; M.S. Psychology, graduated Magna Cum Laude.

I guess you could say Myke Hawke is quite experienced.

Edited by Gews