Sign in to follow this  
sinkatze

[SA] Amazing Vehicle physics engine

Here an amazing vehicle physics I found on youtube which shows all kinds of collisions and car movements. When I first saw it I thought of ArmA immediately because it looked similar, and then thought it would be amazing to have it in DayZ Standalone, so here I post to suggest and share. Check the other videos from the author aswell.

• Like 8

As cool as that is, I don't really think something that in-depth is feasaable for the SA when there's already so much to do. A simplified version would be cool WAAAAAY down the line, but this is a LOT of work.

But we can dream...

Edited by colekern

yea I suggested something like this a while back and someone posted that video. I really like the idea but like colekern said, it will have to be a simplified version.

Yeah I agree, also this engine is a WIP, but even a very simple version of it would be better than what there currently is.

Maybe the devs will contact them? :)

Edited by Sinkatze

Hello there

Even if it could be included, who's going to pay for the licence and then who's gonna pay to have it incorporated?

A nice wish, but I fear that's all it is.

If there's any physics going in it will most likely be the same as A3.

I could be wrong.

Rgds

LoK

Yeah I agree, also this engine is a WIP, but even a very simple version of it would be better than what there currently is.

Maybe the devs will contact them? :)

I agree, it seems like this company has it figured out. This should definitely be implemented in standalone.

They actually moved to the Torque engine, saying that it suited their need better than cryengine :)

this would be very cool to have but if you go to the blog for the group that is developing this game that's in the video you will see this is the cry 3 engine. I don't know much about this stuff but is it actually possible to use multiple game engines?

I think Crytek already use the RoR plugin in their own private milsim for the US military. hopefully they make a retail version like BiS.

Pants will be creamed if we get vehicle physics like this in the SA.

I highly doubt we will though. :(

Perhaps later in the future.

Them's some lovely looking car wrecks.

It would be nice to have some sort of visual damage when you crash a vehicle, nonetheless, it's not on the ArmA engine atm so I'd rather not for the initial standalone release, this would make a real delay on the standalone release date

Soft Body physics are a step forward for vehicle simulations but for use on current hardware these physics are too processer hungry. Anybody who has played Rig of Rods will understand this. It is probably too difficult to intergrate one physics engine in to another but if i had to chose one for SA it would be Rfactor 2. Rfactor 2 is one of the best racing simulators at the moment It provides an engine which enables physics programmers to simulate every detail of a vehicles behaviour and supports many types of vehicle configuration. However the competancy of the programmer and the use of real world numbers determines the quality of the physics model of a particular vehicle. A good physics engine alone will not produce good or realistic physics, the engineer/programmer has to be competant and know how to utilise the engine, eg... like Niels Husenkveld for example whom created the vehicle physics for Game stock car 2012 using the rfactor 1 engine.

Edited by freeman83