Lady Kyrah

Emotional death

Good dark idea... i just want to hear more screams from a good distance away in general to be honest.. I play alot of red orchestra 2 and like the chap above posted there is alot of good ones in that game

• Like 1

I think when you die, this song should play.

(go to 2:51)

In a serious note; I can agree with this. I'd like our character to actually experience something like this. Getting eaten alive by zombies is quite graphic along with getting sliced up by a hatchet.

Edited by TIC321

Perhaps a screen with days survived and significant accomplishments achieved, a map with a recorded journey as a line or even a kind of narrative document and a statement about how they died. It could be presented in the form of a autopsy report.

An autopsy report including details such as the body found was well nourished/ emaciated, with a bullet wound to the head or wounds consistent with blunt trauma and human mandible biting. Perhaps if killed by zombies a slow animation scene where the body/ high viral loaded body shambles to life with creepy music.

• Like 1

a map with a recorded journey as a line or even a kind of narrative document and a statement about how they died.

I think this is a good idea.

Your mentioned emothions are good in deaths as bleeding out or being hit by a low caliber.

At higher firepower we need just some good ragdoll animations, because explosions or 50 cals don't allow these emotions I think.

Still, good idea.

Or make it so if a person takes enough health loss that goes to critical, you have your movement constricted to the point where you can only crawl tiny distances, kinda like last stand but it is not. During this time period you would be too weak to use a gun and will eventually die in one of those death animations. Although, it would be cool if you could revive someone or heal them at this stage. Of course, a headshot would be instant death and a leg shot wouldn't put you in this state.

I'd love to see a fade-in death screen so it seems like you lose your character as your screen fades to black and then progresses to the you are dead screen.

Nice idea!

I wouldn't like to be forced into third person to watch myself die, I personally think it would be more immersive seeing it happen in first person. But yeah, slow deaths would be cool, not just long animations that always end in death but, say, bleeding to death, something that could be stopped but if not then it would be a hard thing to watch. Your character slowly gets weaker, stumbling, falling, being reduced to a crawl, passing out and eventually dying. Getting shot in certain areas could render you immobilized, kind of like the sniper scene inte Saving Private Ryan. While it is a good start, DayZ could use more stages of life then conscious, unconscious, broken legs and dead. Incapacitated would be a good start.

Furthermore, I would also like to see animations that change with non-lethal wounds, too. Non-functional limbs or a different animation for broken leg than just crawling prone.

I love the idea but this would mean that we have to see our bodies in first person by looking down. I don't know how this is implemented or will be implemented though

I can kind-of get behind this idea, but honestly, I find it the most cruel way to die when you're shot killed without a moment to spare, to reflect upon your life, or to think about those you care for. Yes, a slow death can look cruel, but when you're told that your time was NOW, and not 20 seconds in the future, that can be the most painful thing to imagine.

I kind of like how STALKER did it. When you die, your view goes third-person, and you see a glimpse of your character flopping on the ground with a groan/sigh/last breath. Then you get to stare at your dead body as the world tramples over you like you meant nothing to it.

I would like to add this, since I happened to get a screenshot during yesterday's stream. (I don't stream often. It was more of a test stream.)

"Such a pretty day to die." (My Steam caption)

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

At least we dont have to listen to that god fucking awful DOMDUMDOO that WarZ plays eveytime you get KOS'ed

• Like 1

Cool idea. If a zombie kills you, I think it should fall on-top of you, eating your neck. At the very least (the walking dead style) pull your guts out of your stomach and start eating it.

Even though in the walking dead it was rather simple, it was still disturbing.

I believe the game in general needs to look more worn and torn, in terms of animations. If I'm low on blood and wounded, I want to limp and move slightly slower. If I got a broken leg, I wanna look like I got a broken leg (crawling in pain with one dead leg, etc) If I'm losing blood and almost dead, I wanna crawl the last few metres or so before passing out/dying. Mind you, I'd still want SOME hope of being rescued when going into the crawling state. One thing re6 did right was feeling the tense moments of crawling on the ground when almost dead, wondering if you're gonna die or be saved.

Breathing needs to be in it too. Like the last few gasps of air. Imagine being shot in the chest, winded, trying to get a breath of air, gargling out blood.

I don't know. I like the idea a lot, but you can't just slap some death animations in the game and hope to get emotional deaths from players. The way I see it working is if your life is a constant struggle for survival, and the progression from spawning in to getting fully geared is a slow and arduous one. There has to be some way to grow exptremily attached to your character through the trials/experiences you had with him/she. Without building up that connection to your character a dramatic death like you suggesting will just be a minor annoyance before hitting "respawn" rather than a heart felt and sad moment....just my 2 cents...

I instantly think of pee wee herman getting killed in buffy

How about that?

Sounds about right.

How about that?

Sounds about right.

LMFAO I was just about to post that.

• Like 1

I think it should be a death scene similar to left 4 dead and (spoiler marked in black) the ending of bioshock 2 meaning that you stay in first person (I really hate 3rd person death scenes) and the colors slowly pass out while the screen gets red with the last heart beats. If shot in the chest the character could put his hand on the wound, cough blood and look at his blood-covered hand... then he falls down to his knees (at which point I as the murderer would headshot him just to give him the final blow) and if not headshot yet, fall to the ground and see the zombies approach while the screen gets black.

And it would be pretty cool in my opinion when the game recognizes if the dying person was in a squad with someone and then call the name of the person who you were with (using text-to-speech) or move the hand in their direction (somewhat like: save me!) or if the killer was a squadmate, shout out "WHY?" while gargeling blood.

Of course, a headshot would just mean instant 'you are dead'.

I love the idea. Perhaps the Devs could get Lana Del Rey to record a background song to go with the death sequence.

I love the idea. Perhaps the Devs could get Lana Del Rey to record a background song to go with the death sequence.

And then you could see a record of your past life with that music.. I would cry every time :D

But seriously, I think music would be a good idea. Although I personally hate it, because it would not be realistic and I don't like being influenced in my emotions, it would make death even sadder and people wouldn't just run in cherno like "I can respawn, I have nothing to lose!"

I can kind-of get behind this idea, but honestly, I find it the most cruel way to die when you're shot killed without a moment to spare, to reflect upon your life, or to think about those you care for. Yes, a slow death can look cruel, but when you're told that your time was NOW, and not 20 seconds in the future, that can be the most painful thing to imagine.

I kind of like how STALKER did it. When you die, your view goes third-person, and you see a glimpse of your character flopping on the ground with a groan/sigh/last breath. Then you get to stare at your dead body as the world tramples over you like you meant nothing to it.

I really disagree. I would like it more when the death is 20 seconds in the future and not instantly. Because if you die instantly you don't even have time to think about how sad that is. You just say "GODDANGIT" and click respawn. I would find it way more painful if you knew it would be all over in 20 seconds and there would be nothing you could do about it. You would just have to sit there and watch your character die and remember everything you have gained is lost, perhaps even your companions are gone.

And I really wouldn't like a third-person-death. It's just way more intense in first person, in my opinion. However, I like the idea of "seeing the world trample over you like you meant nothing to it".

Edited by Firewarrior64

I kinda like where you are going with this idea; if you were to be beat to death in hand to hand combat, there'd be a moment were you were helpless to save yourself but still alive to witness the end. Though I also like the idea of the screen just blacking out if you ever get head-shoted because there are some situations were dying slowly and waiting for the end isn't possible. I think have a contrast between helplessly being killed and instant death; would really strike a core with people. 

To make it even more emotional if your in a certain radius and you hear somebody die this plays...

• Like 1

When killed by player, I would like to have my avatars' ghost on command for a minute or so, to go and pester my killer ;)

I like it, this method was really effective in The Last of Us. Dying in the game really wasn't a big deal, it was just a checkpoint system essentially. However, the deaths were so violent and disturbing that you really were scared of be killed in the game, even if it didn't really mean a big loss.