Sign in to follow this  
iPewPewU

I don't get all the complain about this game on the forum ?

Hey guys,

I've been reading the forum for a while, and I came to this conclusion: I don't get why a lot of people complain about the mod !

It's fun to play with a squad and think of strategies in order to annihilate other squads and take their guns and items. This game is a sandbox game ! You guys find it fun to look around for food, water and so on, fine with me, I have no problems with that ! But let me have my fun as well, I find it fun to shoot at people and take their stuff !

You guys know about "the walking dead", it's a popular zombie show ! They shoot at each other with high military grade weapons ! So why do you guys want to remove the military aspect of the game, which is one of the funnest thing in my opinion for the boring part, which is looking around for loots and not getting caught by zombies ... The game's fun for me because while killing other players there are zombies trying to kill you, not because zombies are trying to kill you and you're trying to help others.

And sorry, but if there was a zombie apocalypse, there would be military squad running around, which would make military guns way more common as there would be not a lot of humans left, and lot of zombies. If anything they should make guns easier to find and food harder to find ! You can create ammos if anything in real life, while you can't create food, and there isn't an infinite supply of food !

Well that's my personal opinion, and I was wondering why you guys want less guns, since it's clearly illogical if you want a realistic game...

Edited by iPewPewU
  • Like 2

It's not so much complaining as suggestions for improvement. As for the guns, it's not realistic to have this random hodge-podge of Western weapons. DMRs are more common than SVDs, wtf!

I would ideally like to see less high-tech Western military gear, and more AKs, hunting rifles, old 1970s Soviet equipment and other guns that fit the setting. I think they would need some tweaking to be a bit more powerful, too...

I like shooting people too, it's the best part of the game for me. I just want it to feel more like a zombie apocalypse and less like an issue of Combat Arms.

This would be nice.

156FXi8.jpg

Edited by Gews
  • Like 8

Yeah ... As for me, I would like to see more high end military weapons from china, USA & russia. As you know, right now USA - China - Russia is the order for the countries that spent the most on military equipments. And it's highly possible that there would be military support from other countries, or just military movements. And most likely, a lot of those soldiers would die, leaving their guns behind if you know what I mean !

Well ... I agree that the limitation of weapons and vehicles and military materiel is somewhat unrealistic. Simple answer there is that Rocket and other DayZ devs did this to balance gameplay. But I get what you're saying, I see where you are coming from. Why can we have a silenced assault carbine and a couple of silenced SMGs but not a silenced PDW? Or why an armed chopper, but not an armed boat? Makes you want to pull out your hair.

From a somewhat real world point of view - well in my realm of thought it would depend at what point in the apocalypse you arrived in "Chernarus" or whatever other hypothetical modern nation. At the outset retailers of weapons such as Wal Mart and Dick's and Cabela's, etc. would get mobbed by ... well a mob of terrified civilians seeking a firearm or three. Heck, when they call for an inch of snow around here, everyone buys up all the bread, eggs and milk. Police would still be in control to some extent, so you're not going to raid their armory, and even if they were suddenly gone, you'd need some power tools to get at the boomsticks. National Guard or Army Reserve armories? Try breaking into one of their vaults.

Mid way through the crisis, let's say the regular Army has been deployed, are you gonna ask a grunt at some barricade to borrow his weapon? Again with the police armories - every dude in a many mile radius is going to have the same idea, and any place that contains firearms is going to be death match central.

Further on into the "aftermath" - some time after the police and our armies have fallen, all of those posh burst fire and automatic weapons will have sat out in the elements for weeks, months, a year. Good luck getting them to function. Of course scavengers will have picked most of that hardware clean by then.

Gearing up after a real world collapse of civilization would be more difficult than it seems. Myself, think I would head to the Beretta manufacturing plant south of here, but everyone would likely think of that.

Just for fun, imagine trying to teach yourself to fly a Bell Jet Ranger, or a Blackhawk or even one of those Agusta helicopters they use for Life Flights. I think I would keep my feet planted on the ground, zombies or not.

Edited by Saethkept
  • Like 1

For me its not about the high grade military gear, It's about how easy It is to find. In my opinion Finding a gun should be as hard as going in and Getting out. have you ever noticed in the walking dead people scavenging with a as50, a Uzi, and a FAL in they're back pack. To me this is what makes the game slightly less fun, but the game is still the best game i have ever played. EVER. so sometimes I can understand what and why people are complaining.

Edited by PuRe DAYZ

I'm torn between engaging in a more difficult survival experience and always having a sniper on me. I *love* sniping, it makes me shiver in delight whenever I kill someone with it as a method. I don't know what to say, really; there are more difficult mods for Day Z out there but I don't know if I should bother trying them!

- MONSTER

Its mostly a bunch of little crybaby pussies complaining because they lost their stupid fucking AS50 and NVGs. They complain that they were hacked and killed by an invincible guy. Well, guess what? If you wait a month or so, there might even be a SA-alpha ready, and I'm sure they would've fixed at least some of the hacking.

"i just lost my as50 to a hackr now i am totaly pissed off fuck this game i hate it dont even play it."

STFU, and GTFO.

The internet was invented for complaining. Oh and cute cat pics.

• Like 3

I disagree with your entire view on the military weapons in this game how it's realistic, or the idea of military squads roaming around somehow making more military weapons.

________

I think of it like STALKER and Fallout, most weapons won't be high tier military weapons, but easy to maintain simple weapons that perform their duties admirably. ;)

Sadly the game allows for there to be infinite military weapons and people are used to those in games, but in reality, how many of us can maintain a military rifle and stamp out ammo for these rifles like you think we can? These aren't 18th century rifles, the bullets have to be much more precise, so ammo should be very, very scarce to where squads should have to go over a quick discussion of expending a bullet on a poor soul for his beans and if it's even worth it.

Food can be made much easier than ammo, and if farming was done right (is it ever?) then that'd be more realistic than stamping out ammo for assault rifles and sniper rifles.

____

Most weapons should be pretty boring, normal weapons and military weapons should be rare with rare ammo as well.

That's my opinion, and I've thoroughly enjoyed that feeling of scarcity in the Misery Mod for Call of Pripyat.

• Like 1

Its mostly a bunch of little crybaby pussies complaining because they lost their stupid fucking AS50 and NVGs. They complain that they were hacked and killed by an invincible guy. Well, guess what? If you wait a month or so, there might even be a SA-alpha ready, and I'm sure they would've fixed at least some of the hacking.

"i just lost my as50 to a hackr now i am totaly pissed off fuck this game i hate it dont even play it."

STFU, and GTFO.

OP this right here is why there dumbing down the game and removing weapons. Because of whiners like our friend here who obviously has issues with said weapons.

This has been done by the community dev's listening to whiners like our friend above :rolleyes: , Rocket did NOT decide on removing any weapons infact I remember a quote from him saying 'he wouldent remove any weapons from the game' can't find the thread.

OP we can only hope Rocket sticks to his guns :P and makes the game he said he would and does not dumb it down to please a few whiners.

OP this right here is why there dumbing down the game and removing weapons. Because of whiners like our friend here who obviously has issues with said weapons.

'It's not going to be about advanced weaponry. The only advanced weapons that are going to be in are the ones with attachments'. - Rocket

Seriously though... why is removing weapons a bad thing, as long as they're replaced with something equivalent? The weapons list right now is a hot mess, it makes little sense. Remove the M240 and give us a PKM, remove the DMR and give us SVDs, remove the *gasp* Lee-Enfield and give us a Mosin-Nagant.

• Like 4

You can't use the walking dead as a way of saying this is what we should do

It's a tv show, which means its scripted and made for entertainment purposes

A fine example of how people seem to think that is how real life is just because they saw it on tv so it must be real

I agree people can do what they want and if you want to be a bandit then fine

But if your looking for realism then play dayz2017

That's by far the closest to realism you will get

It won't take long for weapons to get rusty and be useless

Why less military weapons?

Because although most assault rifles will be fairly easy to obtain, not every solider carrys an as50, in fact it is unlikely you would ever find one in real life

Anyone who thinks every survivor and their mum will have anything more than an assault rifle needs to stop thinking its a tv show and come back to reality

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

for me (and i would say most others) they should not remove ANY weapon or item they should add add add, but the spawn rates should (and are being) completely redone

• Like 2

This has been done by the community dev's listening to whiners like our friend above :rolleyes: , Rocket did NOT decide on removing any weapons infact I remember a quote from him saying 'he wouldent remove any weapons from the game' can't find the thread.

OP we can only hope Rocket sticks to his guns :P and makes the game he said he would and does not dumb it down to please a few whiners.

Just to be clear, what game in your opinion did Rocket say he was going to make?

People are making suggestions to increase the games complexity, to add many different possibilities for many different playstyles, How you equate that to Dumbing down is a mystery to me,

Also i'm pretty sure more guns have been added since the community dev team took over rather than taken away.

I'm quite happy for there to be more variety of guns, but they should fit the scenario and you shouldnt be able to find a DMR or even a M4 cco within 2 minutes of spawning, Having weapons too easy to come by just leads to one kind of playstyle dominating the direction of the game.

Its the easy way to get players onto a server, add a shit load of guns, that, in my opinion, is Dumbing down.

Edited by Fluxley

You can't use the walking dead as a way of saying this is what we should do

It's a tv show, which means its scripted and made for entertainment purposes

A fine example of how people seem to think that is how real life is just because they saw it on tv so it must be real

I agree people can do what they want and if you want to be a bandit then fine

But if your looking for realism then play dayz2017

That's by far the closest to realism you will get

It won't take long for weapons to get rusty and be useless

Because although most assault rifles will be fairly easy to obtain, not every solider carrys an as50, in fact it is unlikely you would ever find one in real life

Anyone who thinks every survivor and their mum will have anything more than an assault rifle needs to stop thinking its a tv show and come back to reality

Is this not a game and therefore for entertainment purposes?

Balance over realism every day of the week and Fun over realism every day of the week.

Server options and modding should allow people to have the game they want, if people want an ultra hard core survival experience then I'm sure there will be servers to cater for it. if people want to spawn with As-50s then I'm sure there will be a server to cater fro it.

The standard 'vanilla' game should be somewhere in the middle, not too hardcore, not too easy,

I hate the realism argument because people only ever use it for certain aspects. You can't fix a leg with just a shot of morphine, yet it's not really a fun gameplay element to break your leg and wait 6 months for it to heal up. It's all about getting the gameplay right.

Guns shouldn't be removed, in fact more should be added IMO as I like the variety, at the same time I don;t want to walk into a barracks and see 50 different weapons lying around. In the vanilla on public hive's finding NVGs or AS-50s is very rare I'm find with that, some aren't so you get servers where there are more of them, then some servers where they would never appear that's each to their own.

Uhhh, what? You can check my posts / threads, not ONCE have I gotten angry about losing my gear. I'm not whining either, I'm saying that people come onto the forum complaining that 'OH NOES I lost my gear i hate these hackers screw this game im not playing the sa...' That is why people are complaining on the forum, thats what he asked.

I really couldn't care less if I lost an AS50. Once you get that thing anyway, you've won, there it is. The end of DayZ, you may as well kill yourself to start over from scratch.

Edited by dulix11

'It's not going to be about advanced weaponry. The only advanced weapons that are going to be in are the ones with attachments'. - Rocket

Seriously though... why is removing weapons a bad thing, as long as they're replaced with something equivalent? The weapons list right now is a hot mess, it makes little sense. Remove the M240 and give us a PKM, remove the DMR and give us SVDs, remove the *gasp* Lee-Enfield and give us a Mosin-Nagant.

Well I'd be more than happy to see the dmr removed for svd's, but while your sensibly calling for replacements most comments are for removing weapons completely which I will NEVER agree to.

I'd go as far as even suggesting replacing the M107 or AS50 with the KSVK or other 50 cal equivlents from the soviet block countries. Replacing weapons with others is fine but removing them entirely is dumb and just pandering to n00bs.

I think that some, not all, weapons should be replaced with Russian counterparts. And most of the high-end weapons should be much rarer. Nothing removed though, just make it a bit harder for people to get a hold of them.

I'd go as far as even suggesting replacing the M107 or AS50 with the KSVK or other 50 cal equivlents from the soviet block countries. Replacing weapons with others is fine but removing them entirely is dumb and just pandering to n00bs.

Mmm, the problem I have with.50 cals is that they aren't really common and they certainly aren't practical for the typical survivor situation, so it annoys me to see them.

Would you have a problem with .50 cals being replaced with other rifles that can still one-shot people out to the same ranges?

DHaoTd4.jpg

• Like 1

I'mall for old, decommissioned WW2 era guns.Most modern assault rifles found should, in the SA, be low on ammo (which is why those soldiers likely died). They should come with mags with very few rounds left in them. So you'll have to decide whether you want the weathered hunting rifle with a full box of cartridges , or an automatic rifle with half a mag you managed to scavenge.

• Like 3

I'mall for old, decommissioned WW2 era guns.Most modern assault rifles found should, in the SA, be low on ammo (which is why those soldiers likely died). They should come with mags with very few rounds left in them. So you'll have to decide whether you want the weathered hunting rifle with a full box of cartridges , or an automatic rifle with half a mag you managed to scavenge.

You mean an M1 Garand or Mosin Nagant? Would be cool to see some old legacy weapons, even a luger would be really ace.

I think the point of .50 cals in DayZ is to blow up people's vehicles they worked hard to repair

Like how you think make it look like the as50 is the only military weapon.

I would like to see more marksman riffle such as an AWM, or maybe to to give an options to snipers, a DSR with subsonic and piercing rounds you can swap around with in order to adapt to most situations.

The more gear available the more we move towards a respawn simulator, instead of a survival simulator.

• Like 2

What's this fascination with Russian weapons? Isn't Chernarus for a start based on an area in the Czech Republic, I'm sure there is just as high a chance of seeing Nato weapons as Russian ones. The standard Czech Army assault rifle is the CZ-805 Bren which uses NATO rounds, the Mk-48 which would use Stanage and their Sniper rifles include the Sako TRG.

Also I'd like the standalone not to be recognisable to any country if possible which adds to the imagination of it, The Chernarus map is because the Arma 2 game has it, in reality the Zombie Armgageddon could happen everywhere. I'd like to think people could maybe think they were running around their local town not some ficticious Russian one.

Chernarus = Black Russia.