Sign in to follow this  
iPewPewU

I don't get all the complain about this game on the forum ?

From a purely game balancing point of view I agree with Dallas - less is more overall. I suppose the ultimate expression of that would be an arsenal limited to muzzle loading and melee weapons. That would not be a whole lot of fun in my opinion. As for WWII era weaponry, much of that is just as destructive as it's modern counterparts. I can see players running around with a BAR, an MG34 or a Solothurn 20mm anti tank rifle. The aforementioned would be just as death match worthy as anything already in Arma2.

Edited by Saethkept

Quite right, ipewpewu. What a whiney bunch of b*tches we are! Especially me. :thumbsup: ;)

I agree with a lot of people about replacing our most common western weapons with their eastern European counterparts. The AS50 and M107 should be removed and replaced with the KSVK, a weapon that would be fairly balanced in its current state. You don't have to completely remove American weapons, just make them a whole lot rarer than they are now. And with the new attachment system, this is going to get rid of the billions of M4 variants. But I'd prefer to see the M4A1/M16 being replaced by the AK-74M, being more accurate than its AK-74 counter part. Plus, it can use more attachments. Why not make it to where certain guns can use certain attachments, like AK's using a Kobra only and an M4A1 using a Aimpoint only? All I'm hoping for is that Rokcet has removed too many weapons. It's going to be pretty bland having a choice of Pistol A or B, Rifle A, B, or C. I don't care if they're going to add more in the future, there needs to be SOME diversity even at release. If there isn't, I'll still purchase the game but I'll be pretty pissed off. When I was a noob, I thought there were too many kinds of guns to count. Now I know just about every gun in the game, but that's a load of guns. And cars, don't even get me started about "redoing" cars. I'm an ArmA player who's comfortable with the cars in game and how they handle, but I don't know how others feel. But when was the last time someone complained about the cars being bad? That's not stopping me from buying standalone either. I can go ahead and guarantee Rocket he's getting a share of my hard earned green :)

Chernarus = Black Russia.

So, Griggs was right. There are black Russians.

What's this fascination with Russian weapons? Isn't Chernarus for a start based on an area in the Czech Republic, I'm sure there is just as high a chance of seeing Nato weapons as Russian ones.

Well, the terrain is based on part of the Czech Republic, but the country and equipment itself really seems like former Yugoslavia... Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia, etc.

In the campaign it is revealed that ChDKZ has been committing acts of genocide and other war crimes, burying dead civilians in mass graves... etc. The native weapons are basically all former Soviet weapons and the Chernarussian factions are pretty low-tech.

The more advanced stuff only comes in once Russia gets involved in the conflict. :P

Well, the terrain is based on part of the Czech Republic, but the country and equipment itself really seems like former Yugoslavia... Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia, etc.

In the campaign it is revealed that ChDKZ has been committing acts of genocide and other war crimes, burying dead civilians in mass graves... etc. The native weapons are basically all former Soviet weapons and the Chernarussian factions are pretty low-tech.

The more advanced stuff only comes in once Russia gets involved in the conflict. :P

Yeh I get that but my point was Arma chose that as it's setting, Day Z then used that for the mod, but you could quite easily pick the mod and dump in on any other map that was based on any other part of the world if the map was available.

The standalone is it;s own game, not based on Arma so it could be based anywhere, be it LA, London, Tehran, Oslo or wherever because this Zombie Apocalypse could happen anywhere. There is no need to restrict the weapons to Soviet era ones just because Arma 2 set it's game in Eastern Europe. Imagine the game set in some backwater part of the USA, I would imagine you would have a huge variety of weapons around due to all the gun nuts.

You need to remember. The forum is a place for both positives and negatives. If it wasn't. Then we wouldn't be much of a community

'It's not going to be about advanced weaponry. The only advanced weapons that are going to be in are the ones with attachments'. - Rocket

Seriously though... why is removing weapons a bad thing, as long as they're replaced with something equivalent? The weapons list right now is a hot mess, it makes little sense. Remove the M240 and give us a PKM, remove the DMR and give us SVDs, remove the *gasp* Lee-Enfield and give us a Mosin-Nagant.

Exactly - the gear doesn't fit the setting.

Just like I've always questioned why is there so many damn empty whisky bottles -- don't russians drink vodka? :D

I would much preffer a greater abundance of mid range rifles like the Mosin-Nagant, shotguns, etc. The most common military weapon should be a standard AK rifle, with no attachments. Any other military weapon should be found at a fraction of the rate, and considered hitting the jackpot.

There will still be sniper rifles, and high end assault rifles, just not nearly as many of them. Players will adapt the gameplay to fit the items available. It will end up with a lot more close range combat, as opposed to everyone running around with an AS50 sniping, and counter sniping, which is totally an unrealistic setting for a zombie apocalypse.

The picture that somebody posted of "The Road" (I believe that was the movie), is exactly what I want too. I wouldn't mind gangs of bandits, but they shouldn't all be running around with as50s and DMRs, unless they've somehow managed to survive for months to acquire that gear.

In general, I think gear needs to be centered around more "lower grade" type weaponry. Your average person has no clue how to properly maintain or use a AK/m4/m16, etc... (just look at videos online of the FSA), nevermind an AS50 or DMR.

Edited by SilverBulleT
  • Like 2