Sign in to follow this  
kevinwebb94@gmail.com

how do YOU play DayZ?

You've spawned as a new spawn on a new server. No IRL friends or clan mates to play with. What do you do? Grab a weapon and go on a killing spree in high pop areas? Or be friendly and become a hero?

Here is how I play DayZ.

When I've spawned, I usually hit the best loot spawns I know of in the vicinity. While in the spawning areas I am friendly to everyone and usually (almost always) try to pick up a team-mate or possibly 2 at most while we are all simple new spawns. I continue to be friendly to new spawns throughout the play session. Once I have my team-mates and the loot I could find from the loot-spawns by the spawn areas, I venture north with my team mates (I.E., the area where nobody spawns) to find better loot from airfields and such.

Now, once in the north, my behavior changes somewhat. We will usually take anyone out who has anything other than a pistol. This is because people generally have better weapons and you definitely don't want to walk up to them trying to see if they are friendly, you will probably end up getting a bullet to the face. We hit the best loot spawn locations eventually and take out anyone we see in our area that could be a threat. Of course scouting out high-danger areas (I.E. airfields) before plunging right in. Once we have the best gear and a vehicle, we generally continue to go through different loot-spawn locations and/or get a helicopter. At this point when we have everything, we usually go seek out trouble and play til we die.

Once dead, repeat the entire process.

Am I a bandit? Am I playing the game correctly and/or the way it was meant to be played? Who knows, you tell me what you think.

I play with a keyboard and mouse

First I begin by asking if there are any friendlies in Cherno.

• Like 3

grab an axe and run north where you can loot without lamers just camping the coastal treeline, then maybe return to coastal treeline to find them when geared up :)

1. go for industrial spawns to pickup an axe (and maybe a windscreen or two)

2. depending on spawnpoint, plan a route north with general stores and deerstands as waypoints. Focus: map, hunting knife, matches, tents, possibly compass for the luxury not having to look up to the clouds.. (did i mention windscreens?)

3. depending on spawnpoint and resulting route, hit NWAF and Stary or NEAF and Bere (there might be rifles.. and windscreens)

4. usually one to two hours passed now since i spawned, and i'm decently geared. depending on my plans for the evening, either tour highvalue industrials for vehicle parts or hospitals for medical supplies or airfields and heli crash sites for highvalue military loot. en route check vehicle spawn points and typical hideout places, find vehicles to repair and then utilise them for further supply&logistics ops.. (you never know where you find a windscreen)

5. dump loot in a cache, resume scavenging.- you never have too many windscreens

Edited by e47

I play hard-core solo, evading others at all costs, until getting set up somewhat. Sometimes I fix up a vehicle, other times I remain on foot. I like to observe others while avoiding them. Sometimes I will go out of my way to help another, and still other times I ignore all communications. Mid end game for me would be running a land or air taxi service. You know - 'Chernarus Ground Tours' "We get you there under fire" - that sort of thing. Other than that, providing overwatch for absolute strangers is a lot of fun, as is ambush diplomacy with clan groups.

I retreat north, either northeast or northwest, doesn't really matter. Collecting tents and gear and storing various items all throughout the deep forgotten parts of the woods. I stay away from others. I've been stabbed in the back too many times, shot on sight too many times, and betrayed beyond belief too many times to give a shit about other players. Don't get me wrong, I won't kill on sight, and I won't leave a helpless wounded player for dead. But we aren't friends either.

Upon a fresh spawn, I get off the coast. Even if it is one km away from it. There are three places I run to first, all depends on proximity. Castle Rog, Pusta, or Zelenogorsk. As posted from before. I'm looking for survival items. Compass, matches, map, knife, hatchet, toolbox, backpack, and food. A weapon is nice but isn't needed as I'm pretty good with a hatchet and I don't have to worry about advertiting to the rest of the area I'm there.

I avoid towns that have zombies in them as I'm avoiding players. Yes, I know its meta gaming but the fact is you know what it means. Normaly I stick to foot, but if I find a bycicle, its on. Ninja transport for the win. Good on and off road speeds. Not the best, but no fuel is needed and its almost silent. Easy to hide, but easy to damage at the same time. At this point, I'm ready to make a trip to Stary and then off to NWAF. Scouting out the entire time. Hitting up the known sniper points first then going in for my looting. Once I do start my looting run, I'm doing this as quickly as possible. Generaly I am looking for an ACOG, but that isn't happening so it is what ever is better then what I am using now. Prefering to stick with the M4/M16/G36 as I can use SD rounds in them. After that it is time to go looking for heli crashes.

Heli crashes are for those oh so coveted NVGs. If I find a .50 cal that also gets added to the bag as I want to take it out of cirulation by destroying it or for use later on. At this point I'm stashing stuff away in a tent some where. Tenst are iffy and you can't get attachd to the stuff in them. As now, I'm looking for other tents in the north or other known tent hotspots on the map. Once I am board of this I will iether get a Heli repaired, as I like flying and have spent so many hours doing it, that landing on a hospital is now childs play in a huey.

If I'm not out getting shot at as I fly, I will then pick up a sniper rifle and watch over the coast, elctro, cherno. Watching for bandit skins or taking out the agressor in a fight that does happen. That or even taking out a few zombies that are agroed on a player. They normaly freak out as they think they are getting shot at. I don't stay long after shooting though as I don't want to be "thanked" for helping them.

I like to setup my forward camps as communal. Not too hidden, but hidden enough to be a reward for players that get out there and search a bit. My more northern camps are far more secretive, for me. I used to make gift tents for people, go into Elektro and Cherno at nights and setup a fully pimped out tents out on the piers. Then I started to think I was probably doing more harm then good. I am generally a watcher, and will usually only fire once fired upon unless it's an obvious bandit. When I'm really looking for a fight, I will run in and make my presence known, asking if they need help while staying moving. Usually they try to shoot me and then we have a fight on our hands. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. Losing is often welcome as I like starting fresh lives, getting geared up then dropping it all off at one of my camps.

Edited by JubeiDOK

I make a break for the north, like a lot of people. I'll hit a few deer stands and barns on the way, just to make sure I've got good enough gear. Then, I'll stock up on food in Vybor before heading to the NWA. If I survive, I'll retreat to the center of Chernarus and go place to place looking for food, hopefully running across someone friendly. I like to stick to the country, I don't know why but Chernarus reminds me of North Carolina a lot.

I do EXACTLEY what you do.

Except normally no one wants to team with me :)

When i spawn i try to get geared up decently which means for me: good backpack with 16+ slots, compass, binoculars, meds (min. 2 morphium), toolbox and tools to hunt (Box of Matches, Knife, Axe) and a military weapon (at least AK47) to be competitive. Of course food like 4 drinks, 3 food items. Now i feel ready for the wasteland and one of my main objective can start...get a vehicle.

When i find one i repair it and fuel it up to a certain point (extra wheel is absolutely necessary!) When i got that done i head to NWAF and try to get very good weapons. When i manage to actually do that i do what ever i wont, going pvp for example...

I think at least 50% of ppl loot cherno/elektro and head NWAF by foot. I find that too boring.

Considering the eternal wait for the standalone, no new updates to the mod, Rocket's vacation to Mt. Everest, the very poor last update, the summers coming up, other interests taking over...? I don't. Simply put, of pure loss of interest.