rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

[bug] After logging out whilst unconscious, bleeding and under shock and coming back in and healing up every Relog results in temporary hourglass. Using epipen to try and break cycle is successful in reviving but next relog I am unconscious again.

this game is starting to get insanely hard i cant even go into a town with out getting a mob zombies after me and they have ear hax now going in to barns houses have become a nightmare but on the upside there is a lot less player killing

2round shotgun ammo % is to high its everywhere.

food and soda is very high % it seems right now.

Zombies seem to know where you are and will allways find you when duck walking, the sound levels are the same as running.

Hitting other players with a axe makes no noise to the player being hit at all just your hud updating.

Barbed wire is being used to stop new players from getting into towns, Elecro and cherno are blocked off with it sandbags and tank traps you should be able to force your way past barbed wire but taking a hit in blood with maybe a chance to start bleeding.

Bardbed wire has no effect on zombies.

Zombies detect from miles away even if no LOS, maybe they are taking to each other Telepathic zombies?

I'm sure once the Zeds see though walls/ and attack through them at time- get fixed then it will help your survival

The Zombie aggro is just too crazy right now. Other than that everything is fine (minus obvious bugs but thats to be expected). Aggroing 10 zombies from out of no where while crawling on the ground in the bushes is just insanely frustrating even with a weapon. Not to mention most of the spawn points spawn you in an area where there is a zombie ~150feet away that immediately runs at you now.

Zombie aggro is way too much, crawling should of remained a viable way to crawl around, it no longer is. (Let's also factor the line of sighting isn't even functioning properly.) Done playing until this is changed.

shotty ammo, food and soda loot definitely need to be toned down and you can alert zombies wwaayyyyy to easily. please turn the zombie detection down

OK guys I have been reading your posts all day long in total fear of what awaits me when i log back in.

Log back in I am where i should be and I have all my gear. Low on food and water i decide to raid the nearby longbarn (Next to the North Dam). I crouch run all the way up the hill and as soon as I get to the top by the barn I crest the hill and a Zombie arrgos me who was near the barn. I took him out no problem as the others came around and a few inside. I thought that it was a little far but it was ok for me as I was crouching on pavement, and had high vis.

I decided to test the boundaries for the new zombies. Coming up on a barn kinda in the woods a bit I crouch walked up to it in the higher grass still with 3-4 vis at some points even higher. As I would expect with such a high visibility rating I was seen by a zombie on the far side of the barn. I ran him into the barn and he didnt glitch through a wall he just kinda stopped in the doorway as if he had no clue where I was. Downed him and continued to a nearby deerstand.

Picture a treeline with an open field and a clump of trees across that field that holds the deerstand. There are 3 roaming out in the field. With all your posts still ringing in my head I thought to myself "here goes nothing" and I began to prone across the field to the deerstand. I had 1 vis most of the time and other times I had 0. I attribute this to me being in a grassy field instead of the streets of Cherno. Even with the zombies coming somewhat close I was still able to prone past them up to the deerstand no problem. Some of them even were looking right at me and traveling towards me. Moving to my last destination...

I came up on another barn near a treeline. I notcied a hopper coming right at me while i was still in the woods. I went prone right away. Still traveling at me I decided to test the aggro. I went to crouch, about 2 vis. Nothing yet and he is still traveling right at me( Iam not good with distanced I would say 40-60ft away). So stand up. As expected my vis skyrockets to 4-5 and he keys right onto me.

I was not able to confirm any LOS problems as I was able to lose a zombie through the woods in some trees if I wasnt sprinting. It seemed like I would lose him in a clump of trees, but he would track me down again when he was trying to detect me bc I had such high vis and high noise. (As one would expect full on sprinting through the woods with no cover to speak of)

I think what has happened here is minor tweaks to visibility and noise and also some increases on the zombie side. In my opinion people are used to having a certain amount of visibility and noise in certain situations and are having a hard time adjusting to the newer ways. I would suggest really paying attention to how much noise you are making and how visible you are bc I feel thats where some changes occurred that he may not have let us know about. I had very little problem adjusting, just all I can say is now you really really have to pay attention to your visibility. It spikes all over the place with the terrain. You cant expect to get 2 vis crouch walking along a paved road out in the open in Cherno.

Other than that I have noticed some performance increases and increases in server stability.

Having to stop and swing a melee weapon is a good way to start bleeding...I propose 2 things: Either reduce the chance of bleeding or somehow allow being able to swing while moving

sorry if someone has posted this already wasnt too sure how to get the search up properly for this

anyways....

Found a hatchet but it looked like shotgun slugs and it equipped to pistol slot.

put it in my bag and then tried to equip it to the pistol slot to see what would happen

and it disappered, but still had pistol and everything.

also cannot put the hatchet that goes in primary into my bag.

picked it up with mouse scroll and it made my m4 disappear but it kept the mags.

other than that everything is running very smooth.

the higher audibility on crouch has slowed down gameplay alot for me since you cant quickly dodge zombies you really have to watch that now.

and prone proximity to zombies is increased alot were you need at least 2-3 metres distance with no aud and vision coming up. difficulty increase is good just the crouch run has become a bit useless in the process.

a lil suggestion with the hatchet i like it as a melee weapon its just makes getting wood a real pain since you can only have that or a primary weapon and putting primary in bag and trying to requip it bugs sometimes so its kind of useless.

be good if you had axe/hatchet tool version and a melee version

thanks and keep up the good work

Big sorry, the Zombie Aggro was very good before this patch, ok - maybe a little bit too easy. But what you made now, just ruined the game absolutely for me.

The latest version has just a ridiculous zombie aggro range, which makes absolutely no sense - the zombies can see or hear me from hundreds of meters distance. I couldn´t really move without being attacked from an unrealistic distance, just stupid.

Also spawning without a weapon is nothing which good gameplay allows. The reason is simple: Trying to find any loot without any weapon, it senseless - pure luck and lottery, finding a weapon-loot without any zombies biting you till death.

I spent hours for running around and dying many times, without any weapon or chance to get one.

Please, change the aggro to the last version and add maybe around 20% more aggro-range - this should be perfect for all time. There are more important things to do, and even if the goal was to bring more danger back to the zombies (compared to the bandits), think about it, the humans will be still more dangerous than any monster - it´s just realistic ;)

And please, don´t try to balance the game for the best player-groups with highend-weapons and highend-stuff. Think about the 95% of "normal" players.

On US1 people had enough barbwire and tank traps to wall off the tent city at the south airport.

I think the zombie aggro radius need some tweaking....

[attachment=1200]

I'm fine with having to fight this kind of horde, assuming I did something to warrant it. This pile right here was the result of being seen at ~100m while in the crouching position.

Zombies are meant to be a serious threat, get over it. Its fine as is IMO

also it seems impossible to find any painkillers or morphine ive gone through from zelenogorsk, pushtoshka and vybor and found none

Logout of DayZ earlier (1.7.1.2) with

http://i.imgur.com/vb7m1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0OeX8.jpg

wut.

I lost good stuff and gained compass and maps and stuff' date=' and the only thing i did was log out, watch WWE RAW on tivo, eat some dinner and log in.

[/quote']

same thing happened to me, had an ak with 4 mags and some makarov mags as well, all ammo disappeared when i logged in today

New game started with no gear in my inventory. Completely empty. That's not normal now is it?

So far so good. I haven't noticed any major problems aside from:

*the hatchet trying to replace my primary

*Zombies seem to still 1-hit bleed me all the time

*I haven't gotten hit through walls as much' date=' but when I stop moving, sometimes the z's stay in that place and just start swinging, even though I'm 10ft away.

*The flashlight is finicky at best when it works. I usually have to aim at my feet to be able to turn it on/off when standing, and at the sky if I'm prone.

*I keep getting kicked out by BattleEye (it's 5.16 I think) for random reasons. Donno if that's server or your hotfix, just figured I'd mention.

*The sounds seem to be very up and down. There have been times I've fired an AK and gotten no response, but I've shot my m9 and gotten 4 z's from down the street.

*speaking of guns, idk if you altered the damage tables, but I had to put a clip and a half of m1911 into a zombie to get it to go down. It seems to be really random when you actually one-shot a zombie or not.

Now that that's out of the way:

>Mfw this patched up and worked well

[img']http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j302/___ASA/retarded%20shit%20i%20like/1206868301594.jpg

I love the way the zombies work now. I really just wish their attraction to flare noise was greater, or at least had a pronounced affect. Right now, I haven't seen them paying much attention to it.

HOLYJEEBUSFUCKINGGOOBYGODS I almost pissed my pants trying to survive for the first 30 minutes in the dark after I respawned from the debug plains. It was some scary shit crawling around, hearing zombies and not being able to turn on your flashlight because you don't want to attract them. Job well done, but looking back at it, it's making the learning curve for newbies almost vertical if they don't know what to do.

A small suggestion would be to have the hatchet go back into the tools section, and make it a gear menu option.

Also, how long do you think it'd take you to write a teleport code so that anyone that is stuck in the debug plains/forest/ocean can just enter that and get put back on land? I mean, you could make it a limit code where if we're 1 meter beyond X/Y negative and positive we can put that in and get sent back to the beach or something. I ran for two hours (I taped down my w key) and still never hit the map. And yes, I was going in the right direction. Just a thought is all.

I agree with the above guy 100%, good job.

Hi, I was playing yesterday(about 12h ago), everything worked like a charm, no complaints.

I spawned with the painkillers and a bandage, agro was ok, loot ok.

This new patch 1.7.1.3, to MY mind, fixed everything I needed from this mod! :) T.y. Rocket!!!

Keep up the good work.

P.S. I even figured out how you can escape the infected, and it worked!!! I was SO HAPPY! :D

This shit is terrible now.

-Start with nothing.

-Get attacked as soon as you spawn.

-Zombies can hear you from a mile away crouching

-Killing them causes 6 more to spawn right next to you.

This is ruining the game. 3 people I know have already quit since 1.7.1.4.

This shit is terrible now.

-Start with nothing.

-Get attacked as soon as you spawn.

-Zombies can hear you from a mile away crouching

-Killing them causes 6 more to spawn right next to you.

This is ruining the game. 3 people I know have already quit since 1.7.1.4.

u mean they quit since like yesterday? they took one day off from a new patch and u call it quiting?

Big sorry' date=' the Zombie Aggro was very good before this patch, ok - maybe a little bit too easy. But what you made now, just ruined the game absolutely for me.

The latest version has just a ridiculous zombie aggro range, which makes absolutely no sense - the zombies can see or hear me from hundreds of meters distance. I couldn´t really move without being attacked from an unrealistic distance, just stupid.

Also spawning without a weapon is nothing which good gameplay allows. The reason is simple: Trying to find any loot without any weapon, it senseless - pure luck and lottery, finding a weapon-loot without any zombies biting you till death.

I spent hours for running around and dying many times, without any weapon or chance to get one.

Please, change the aggro to the last version and add maybe around 20% more aggro-range - this should be perfect for all time. There are more important things to do, and even if the goal was to bring more danger back to the zombies (compared to the bandits), think about it, the humans will be still more dangerous than any monster - it´s just realistic ;)

And please, don´t try to balance the game for the best player-groups with highend-weapons and highend-stuff. Think about the 95% of "normal" players.

[/quote']

Agree 100%.

I have only been playing for about a month and am ready to quit after this aggro change and update. It's made the game absolutely no fun.

There's already way too many zombies in every town. And now you have to crawl everywhere you go which slows the game down soooo much.

Finally a chance to install 1.7.1.4.

* I lost my hatchet from my inventory, that sucks. I really would like a method of harvesting wood with either a hatchet that does not take up half your inventory slots and needs to replace your other weapon if you want to use it. And as others mentioned it earlier, harvesting firewood in forrest without a hatchet should normally not be a problem. Even in a wet forrest its not a problem (as long as you keep twigs on the man to dry them with your body-heat), if that can be implemented than the hatchet can become an battle-axe, and then I won't have a problem with taking up more inventory slots.

* Visibillity and hearing levels, more realistic now in my opinion, when in crouching mode you should be a lot more visibile towards anyone in a 360 degree circle around you and not only towards that single Zed in front of you. And be silent, take your time to make your way to a object of intrest, or go in at full speed with more noise and visibillity than a heard of elephants and hope you can shake the zeds by screwing their LOS.

* Having said that, the detection range of the Zeds should be toned down a bit. There has to be a balance between reality and it still being a game that can be played without constant frustration. If people claim but it should be as real as possible, well then there are a lot of other so called reality issues that needs to be either changed, tweaked or even dropped for not being realistic at all. (for example the barbed wire concertina, I know from my time in the military that a single concertina weighs about 22 kg and almost a 1 meter in diameter, yet it takes up only 1 inventory slot in this game).

* Nighttime issues during moonless or cloudy nights, even when crawling at a slow silent pace you can not see anything other than the difference between sky and everything else. You could still scan the horizon for silhouettes (wich works even better when flat on your belly) but you most likely won't spot the hoppers and crawlers are like you just invisible at night. Hearing them isn't helping much, especially when there are more around. Again there has to be a balance between game and reality.

u mean they quit since like yesterday? they took one day off from a new patch and u call it quiting?

I'm talking people I talked in to getting the game thinking it's dumb and pointless now. They have been playing for a week and said they won't be coming back with it like it is now. I am thinking about leaving too. :(

Count me in among those who think that zombie aggro is ridiculous.

I was crouch walking into a building at night, because if I crawl while trying to enter then there is a chance that I will stand up and run at the same time. Crouch walking into a building at night, with a zombie about 30 meters way should be easily quiet enough to enter and exit without a problem, but I aggroed one zombie, he knocked me out and I was dead.

Another issue is the lack of morphine right now. I am consistently getting broken bones in the game from one zombie hit. If morphine can fix a broken bone, but is hard to find, then put a healing timer on a broken bone. Something like 10 minutes. 10 minutes of being forced to prone crawl is pretty good punishment, because it is nearly impossible to climb stairs and enter certain buildings while prone.

As it stands right now, entering and exiting towns is just too dangerous. Zombies are the only real threat right now.

hopefully these issues get resolved, because I absolutely loved 1.7 version of the game. As it stands right now, it seems like the game is going in an extreme direction that has limited what makes the game so fun (exploring the world, looting towns, and paranoia of players while being aware that zombies can kill you). Fear of players, which made the game so intense, has all but evaporated. I am just enjoying myself right now with the game in its current state.

Thats my 2 cents.