rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

In my opinion... Best start up gear could be:

- Pistol without ammo. (Bandits only want ammo, so killing new survivors would be useless.)

- Bandage

- Painkillers

- Flashlight <3

And that's it...

If new survivor start with something rare/useful... bandits will want that.

And when you start with pistol... players would not need to spend lots of time finding one.

Melee weapons are now very buggy. And I think it is now a waste of time.

FIX THE ZOMBIES AND FPS PROBLEMS FIRST AT LEAST... so we can explore bugs easier. Without lagging all the time.

Thanks for your awesome MOD! Best zombie based game/mod! :P

My own virtual walking dead.

Rocket Please Read!!!

Agro is now over tanked and needs to be nerfed to pre 1.7.0 - 1.6.0 was perfect and should be reverted back!!!

Melee weapons are taking up far to much space, crowbar and hatchets should be a 2 spacer max as with the torch.

I think you need to keep the game realistic as possible when it comes to object sizes for the inventory and backpack.

Remove the hatchet as a melee and keep it as a tool and import maybe a pipe or 2x4 instead or simply leave it crowbar only.

[bUG] When attempting to pick up the hatchet or crowbar and dropping backpack items to shuffle stuff around, everything dropped from the backpack vanishes.

[bUG] Zombies are able to walk through solid objects like closed doors, walls, furniture and also fall through them when killed.

[bUG] 2 players passing each other and brushing against one another on any upstairs metal factory walkway causes super damage....broken bones etc

Apart from the small list above everything seems better so far.

Rocket' date=' I got 2 small suggestions.

1) You should make the hatchet go back in the utility slot, and from your inventory you can right click it to chop / harvest wood like you use to normally, or you can right click it to equip it as a melee weapon.

2) you should do the same thing with the crowbar

[/quote']

^^ this is the reason I will always sift through all the replies.

This is a very good idea.

Rocket Please Read!!!

Agro is now over tanked and needs to be nerfed to pre 1.7.0 - 1.6.0 was perfect and should be reverted back!!!

Melee weapons are taking up far to much space' date=' crowbar and hatchets should be a 2 spacer max as with the torch.

I think you need to keep the game realistic as possible when it comes to object sizes for the inventory and backpack.

Remove the hatchet as a melee and keep it as a tool and import maybe a pipe or 2x4 instead or simply leave it crowbar only.

[b'][bUG] When attempting to pick up the hatchet or crowbar and dropping backpack items to shuffle stuff around, everything dropped from the backpack vanishes.

[bUG] Zombies are able to walk through solid objects like closed doors, walls, furniture and also fall through them when killed.

[bUG] 2 players passing each other and brushing against one another on any upstairs metal factory walkway causes super damage....broken bones etc

Apart from the small list above everything seems better so far.

Bugs should be reported in bug section. Instead of tracking down Rockets posts and posting in the same thread.

Perhaps I spoke too soon... visited the NW airfield and aggro'd nearly every zombie there by crouch-WALKING in the station house tower.

Zombie aggro definitely needs attention.

I am loving the melee, just wish it was easier way to keep it without it disappearing by accident. Stealth killing zombies is nice ^.^

I'm just finding how this mod keeps changing (bits added/reverted etc) really interesting.

A large problem as many have already stated is with regard to the axe no longer being a utility tool. I could care less for the melee aspect of it, but losing the ability to harvest wood is truely devastating to long term survival if you do not have a buddy to give you a blood transfusion.

With regard to people continually losing your gear, you may still have blank hatchets/crow bars in your inventory. A simple way to remove all hatchets/crow bars from your inventory is to loot and drop a side arm mag or bandage from your inventory repeatedly until you stop dropping hatchets/crow bars. Not sure if this will work for all players, but it has allowed me to loot utility items, side arm mags, and standard equipment with no problem. You may lose some items in the process, but at least it will not be your entire inventory and should only impact your side arm, side arm mags, and bandages at worst. Repeat until you stop dropping what may seem to be endless amounts of hatchets/crow bars.

With regard to zombies being too hard to deal with, play the LOS game. If you remain out of LOS, its actually fairly difficult for a zombie to aggro you, even when very close. Do you really want a game where you can run infront of a zombie and have him not aggro? Also, pay attention to shadows. Sitting prone in the shadows can reduce vision to zero. If you play it slow, and play it safe, you can easily loot at least a few buildings in small towns. The zombies are not really that hard to deal with.

"ZOMG guys, I can no longer freely loot Stary but running, the game is obviously borken!!!"

Thanks for all of your hard work Rocket.

Great Hotfix.

Regarding the FPS issue, I do not know if it's dependent on the person's computer they are running but I have no issues.

Other than that, everything is great. Really makes me feel like in a 28 Days/Weeks Later scenario and it really is thrilling.

Thanks to Rocket and his team. Keep up the good work!

Yup, zeds are too sensitive. I liked the idea of them in 1.7, but they needed better line of site.. In 1.7, it was like Walking Dead with blind zombies, in 1.7.1.4, it's like 28 Days Later and the Zeds have xray/laser vision. :P

I too have grown fonder of the idea of no gear to start off with. I prefer scavenging up the stuff I need, but I rarely have room for everything I find because of the semi-useless stuff I have in my pack when I start.

(by this I mean stuff that I *should* never need, maybe a bandage would be good to start with, but the morphine, beans and soda/water, heaps of ammo etc is luxury stuff that I should need to hunt for.)

As for melee, I would prefer the hachet to be used as a tool that I could also melee with (along with the flashlight and whatever else I would normally be able to use).. in RL I would be able to pick up *anything* and use it as a weapon, it's makes no sense to me to be killed because I don't have any way to defend myself, even though I have full blood, and I'm obviously a healthy adult with the strength to climb ladders and carry around a big ass pack..

Finally, I haven't experienced the night cycle in the new build, but I definitely like the fact that nobody seems to be complaining about it. I wonder if it's because the other issues are so major, or because it's actually improved. :P

Anyway, I will wait and see how things develop. The current changes, while drastic, seem as though they are moving in the right direction, and I am sure that TPTB are perfectly capable of sifting through the comments in search of the valuable feedback needed to properly balance these changes.. can't wait to see what comes next! ;)

* [FIXED] Unable to repair helicopter fuel leak (repair all parts to 95% or above and fuel leak will stop)

Are helicopters back?

This was absolutely awful. there was NO need to change zombies in any way. You can't get away from them so you can't hide from them. This is the one update that didn't fix things so much as straight up cause problems. I lost my skin and I was spawned in the middle of the wilderness. Now we can't go into cities unless we have near unlimited ammo because the zombies detect you so easily that you have to fire your way through but doing so causes the city to collapse on you. This patch was terrible.

Just finished a quick test session.

Performance is down this patch. My performance is always really low in major cities (any patch) is that my game processing everything in cherno?

Performance drops when zombies are looking for me (I think)

Found a crowbar with no ammo when trying to switch from hatchet to check it out.

I like the melee on the hatchet, and having it takes a primary slot could be interesting. You don't just lug a hatchet in your back pocket, y'know? Interesting trade off having to decide if you want wood that badly. for the space or not. Maybe have to store it in your tent.. could create interesting scenarios ie: someone getting caught with their pants getting wood without their reg primary.

However, some sort of fatigue should be implemented on swinging, otherwise I can just sit in a doorway and farm zeds all day, unless that's the kind of benefit you want to give melee weaps.

Found a lot of wire spools and hedgehogs in elektro. Not sure if that's just left over from whatever people take, or if the spawn rate is high. I'd say one in every building is what I found.

ALSO: Swinging a hatchet does seem to pull zombies. Might be from the smoke it produces lol.

I keep seeing players run into buildings and disconnect, and the zombies that chased them (assuming they also spawned them too) disappear with them.

Hi,

just played for 4,5 hours.That hatched was exactly what I needed at the beginning (lucky I found one). And I had a fair chance to kill Zombies inside a building.

BUG?! : Zombies inside a building have seen me crawl outside, multiple times, so I guess they can see through walls.

I can confirm low-FPS, when THEY are looking for you, D/C solves the problem.

I also can confirm, that THEY don´t move when THEY scan the area for you, THEY just stand there. I had no chance to flee.

THANK YOU for the great work. I have so much fun playing this mod.

[bUG] I killed a zombie with hatchet. I stand on his corpse, another zombies spawns 2 meters in front of me, and does not aggro.

The only massive problem I have with the Melee system, is the whole "Zombies occasionally knocking you unconscious from one single hit". The whole Unconscious mechanic gets in the way altogether. I'd encounter a zombie in a house but from sheer luck, I'd get hit one or two times and forced to lie there with a 20 second countdown. Just from that single encounter, I'd be below 5k blood. When I do fend off zombies, the next encounter usually sits me with less than 4k blood just because I'm forced to do nothing for another 20 seconds.

In any case:

Guns appear to be rare, I'm fine with that.

As everyone else is saying, super zombie hearing gets incredibly tedious. It's surprising that just passing across a road makes as much noise as a Helicopter taking off.

Zombies still see through walls and have super man like aggro ability. Towns are nearly impossible to get in or out of.

The zombies can still see from far distances as well through buildings... I have lost a great character due to this with great items.. :(. Keep improving guys.

I may be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to pick up a hatchet. I get the message "You can't pick up this item because you don't have enough room in your inventory." I've tried with room in my backpack, room in my main inventory, even after removing my pistol because I read that the hatchet now goes in the pistol slot. I was at one point able to pick up three "Hatchet" items with the green shotgun shell skin, but no hatchet itself, and attempting to use those "Hatchet"s just removed them from my inventory.

Also the "Take Hatchet" option is only available via the mousewheel menu. I can't see it at all in the gear/inventory screen.

Tried this on several servers, running 1.7.1.4 and the 93825 beta patch. I haven't come across any crowbars so I haven't been able to give that a try.

[bUG] Hatchet seems to produce sound, because it attracts some zombies in (possibly) audible range, even if they do not see me. I was surrounded by hills and a concrete wall + building behind the wall, therefore I am quite certain, that they did not see me.

1.What about the Hatchet becoming a secondary item ie the size of pistol or flashlight. I can't justify having a hatchet taking that much space over damage as primary but having it be a backup weapon in the event that I am running low on ammo and just using "f" to cycle to it seems a good choice. Plus I like the multi function of the weapon/tool as a whole.

2. Can't drop hatchet

3. Only way u can get rid of Hatchet is by swaping it out with another primary weapon in a tent or some1 taking it out or your backpack.

Z's are way to much with this patch 1.7 was better, am getting fps drop also from 60 in the woods to 18 when getting chased ! Overall doe's not seem to run a smooth as 1.7

One more thing of note about the hatchet: it seems to attract zombies when you use it, as if it made a shooting sound. Hopefully this isn't intentional?

As for the other observations made in this thread, I definitely agree with the most common ones. No weapons and this level of zombie awareness is too much.

After playing for 3hrs on this build. Continuing on from my previous feedback about the aggro distance now.

- Having 6 + zeds chase you, I dropped from 60~ fps to 10-15fps. Once killed them, back to normal FPS.

- If we start with a flashlight, why not a water bottle? If were gonna start going out of our home to survive (like starting a fresh character) wouldn't we grab a Backpack, flashlight, water bottle? I can grasp not everyone having a firearm at home. But non-retards of Earth would at least take a water bottle with them, and maybe a can of food. Therefore gun removed still, yet 1 Water bottle, 1 can food, flash light, backpack as a spawn. Sounds great.

I have to agree that the Zed's one hit option into an unconscious state to be a bit OTT. The one hit bleeding was bad but this I think needs a revisit.

It will be to frustrating especially with zed's super human hearing and ablity to see through buildings.

About zombies

> Nerf all regular zombies back to normal

> Keep the military zombies the same